Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Year family ski trip to France

• 08-09-2014 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Would anyone like to join us?

7th year in a row to the same place, CIS in Val Cenis, France, for the New Year week. It's an amazing deal, from €480 per adult including ski pass and full board, breakfast, 3 course lunch and dinner with unlimited wine. The accommodation is fairly basic but the food is great and they put on a fantastic banquet night for New Year's Eve. Kids prices vary according to age, under 3s are free, and no adult prices for kids with a single parent either.

Travel is extra and usually works out at €200-300 each. Flights to Paris, Geneva, Lyon or Turin work well, with transfer either by train, bus or hire a car at the airport.

The best bit is how well kids are catered for. Creche from 3 months, ski school from 3 years. The kids are picked up at the door, driven to ski school in a minibus and delivered back afterwards, which is possibly the best bit about the whole holiday! It's possible to get 3 hours on snow in the morning, ski back for a hot lunch, then another 3-4 hours in the afternoon.

It's ski-in for intermediates, and a short walk or bus ride otherwise. Good ski school, and the resort is suitable for beginners to experts. There's a kids club in the evenings, a spa (which I've never managed to get to) and a cheap and friendly bar. Good on site ski hire, and really friendly staff.

All welcome, but I'm particularly hoping to find advanced skiers to venture off piste with, while the kids are taken care of in ski school.

Anyone tempted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Sounds great. I'm already committed to a trip this year, but if you're knocking around next year please repost.

I'm eager to get the young fella up on a snowboard asap, and my wife is giving out about all the trips I go on, while she stays at home to mind the kids.

I've been snowboarding about 15 years, so while I am advanced, and like to go off piste, it's on a snowboard, not skis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

pending: Nice touch, I hope you get some interested parties.

Advertisement