Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some welcomed additions to wexford shops!

• 18-09-2010 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

hi folks,

good to see fatface in wexford and should be opened soon ... www.fatface.com

also jack n jones accross from the aib bank to open soon and for the ladies ruthy's which is located beside chocolate ...womans boutique i think ...

i also heard more news over the weekend that champion sports are looking to have wexford as the place for one of its flagship stores....

they had originally been looking at the old tesco site but it was too small for them...

they need a depot etc for artics to access so they are working to get somewhere sorted out.. anybody else hear any more news on this or any other news concerning the development of our great town ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ciara.smilie

Where is fatface going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I think it is pamela scott that is going into the old Sasha's shop....

Good to see new shops starting to open in the town!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

fat face is where first active used to be... i think it was first active anyway... bullring accross from mackens.... shop on the corner...

also noticed new womans shop "robe" opened on the main street accross from holland and barret which wasnt mentioned.

sorry selskar pharmacy also due to open soon in the old selskar bar premesis on the town...

is the sasha unit opening soon ???

i also seen the lava lounge on the quay being renovated.... so that will be another bar/nightclub to go to hopefully....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭robdugg

The owner of Mary Joes in barntown is taking on lava lounge I hear.I wish a PC World would come to Wexford!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Mocrie14

robdugg wrote: »
    The owner of Mary Joes in barntown is taking on lava lounge I hear.I wish a PC World would come to Wexford!

Interesting...whats Mary Joes like?? Dosent look like much.Who is the owner?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭gossipgal08

Anyone hear River Island were opening in old Dunnes Main St?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

Anyone hear River Island were opening in old Dunnes Main St?

we live in hope! haha

it'd be excellent if river island took over the old dunnes store... great... where did you get this info from ?

i also know that renaissance are also going to relaunch their nightclub within 12 months... the bar is stripped out of there and plans have been drawn up...

it'll be renovated and relaunched within the year...so another nice spot we can go to ...

also euro discount or euro price store opening soon in the commercial centre out by kfc in killeens .... situated right beside DID electrical ....

also found out the other day that a new supermarket is being opened in the westpoint business park... there is signs up there displaying new supermarket opening here soon .... anybody got any info on that ??

its hardly dunnes stores is it ???

it'd be excellent if river island took over the old dunnes store... great... where did you get this info from ?

i also know that renaissance are also going to relaunch their nightclub within 12 months... the bar is stripped out of there and plans have been drawn up...

it'll be renovated and relaunched within the year...so another nice spot we can go to ...

also euro discount or euro price store opening soon in the commercial centre out by kfc in killeens .... situated right beside DID electrical ....

also found out the other day that a new supermarket is being opened in the westpoint business park... there is signs up there displaying new supermarket opening here soon .... anybody got any info on that ??

its hardly dunnes stores is it ???

Thats actually in Byrnes WOW, their gonna be running it. I haven't got high hopes. haha

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭robdugg

I think the old dunnes is big enough with the upstairs and downstairs to house a few units. Similar to shaws with topman, dorothy perkins etc

Even a fancy bistro on the ground floor or top?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

robdugg wrote: »
    I think the old dunnes is big enough with the upstairs and downstairs to house a few units. Similar to shaws with topman, dorothy perkins etc

Even a fancy bistro on the ground floor or top?

The upstairs is in really bad condition the floor and roof are severly damaged no one will rent the old Dunnes with these issues. Dunnes had planned to gut the building and rebuild it in 2006 but changed there mind and decided to close it though it took a few years before it closed.

Zhane wrote: »
    Thats actually in Byrnes WOW, their gonna be running it. I haven't got high hopes. haha
    ??

A new euro discount store in Byrnes???

yeah discount store for housing items, food, etc etc... all sorts in there....

new hairdressers "brash" opened up by subway... looks like the shop beside it is getting ready to house someone new as well ...

also seen work ongoing in the old 3g mobile store in the middle of the main street .... so somthing new to go in there as well ....

thats all the goss for now... looks like business is picking up big time... lots of new shops opening.

Bazbu wrote: »
    ??

A new euro discount store in Byrnes???

I'm actually not too sure if they are going to be running it or not now. The news changes daily. lol

Apparently they are just renting half the store...:o

cost right sofa's or somthing similar opened in the industrial estate by joyces...used to be furniture depot.... and also a new grocery shop back open on the corner of georges street lower... by whites ! used to be a little sweet shops years ago.. and i happily see it back now as a small corner greengrocers!

i see the new and refurbished Mooneys back on the quay! very clever move by the new owners... will certainly bring nostaliga and a clever marketing ploy by them .... i presume itll be a late bar?? or does anybody have any info ??? woudlnt think theyll have it as a nightclub and charge in ?

anybody any more news on upcoming wexford progression???

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eliza1

I've been looking for a retail unit on the main street for a while to open a small speciality shop but the rents are crazy. Looks like only large multi-nationals can afford to set up shop in Wexford!! Not much chance for locals who want to make a go of it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭doleman2010

Have to agree with you ELIZA 1 , the main street in wexford will look like any high street in the uk soon eneough.
    All this does is just soak money out of the local economy, ok they employ people on the minimum wage and a manager gets MW +20%. they do nothing to support other local business , IE stock , shopfitting and supplies.
    Still must be plenty of well heeled mugs left to support them in their quest to drain our economy with their over inflated prices compared to the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

hi folks,

good to see fatface in wexford and should be opened soon ... www.fatface.com

also jack n jones accross from the aib bank to open soon and for the ladies ruthy's which is located beside chocolate ...womans boutique i think ...

i also heard more news over the weekend that champion sports are looking to have wexford as the place for one of its flagship stores....

they had originally been looking at the old tesco site but it was too small for them...

they need a depot etc for artics to access so they are working to get somewhere sorted out.. anybody else hear any more news on this or any other news concerning the development of our great town ?

Was in a branch of Fatface recently-Pennies quality clothing at Arnotts prices,not what Wexford needs really.That discount store at Byrnes is up and running,the way the economy is gone thats all that will be any real success.:(
    Even so,at least Wexford town is getting a few new stores,try shopping in Enniscorthy-won't take you long to be jumping in the car and heading elsewhere.

eliza thats a pity not being able to afford the rent... i know prices are meant to be crazy rent wise and its a pity some spaces are left unused because of this reason... you'd think some rent money would be better than none but thats the way this crazy country has gone i suppose....

new shops open in selskar with ALIEN 8 ... a book store with an eye for specialty comic's from DC Marvel etc etc... surprising to see but excellent at the same time... nice speciality comic's ....

also red square pizza now open the bottom of rowe street beside that coffee shop on the corner...

• Advertisement

New toy shop open south main street .... forget the name.... new shop going into where the Silk connection was beside argos and a shoe repair /key cutting/ art exibition coffee house opening beside chocolate bar with split level so i seen ....

nice to see the garden area of the stores back again too...looked absolutely aweful when it was a derelict site for a while during that debacle.

any more shops opening ?

New toy shop open south main street .... forget the name.... new shop going into where the Silk connection was beside argos and a shoe repair /key cutting/ art exibition coffee house opening beside chocolate bar with split level so i seen ....

nice to see the garden area of the stores back again too...looked absolutely aweful when it was a derelict site for a while during that debacle.

any more shops opening ?

Have seen that toy shop - someone needs to tell the owner to play some music and or kids movies etc...place was deadly silent when I dropped in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Have seen that toy shop - someone needs to tell the owner to play some music and or kids movies etc...place was deadly silent when I dropped in

Where is this new toy shop ?

Bridges never had music or anything like that and that did no harm to there business. Heck the only harm Bridges did was to childrens necks from looking at the ceiling.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Where is this new toy shop ?

Bridges never had music or anything like that and that did no harm to there business. Heck the only harm Bridges did was to childrens necks from looking at the ceiling.

Its between Coleman Doyles and Barkers - on same side. Shop is laid out well but badly needs some background music (nothing noisy). TV screen in window would really catch the kids eyes.....just my opinion..

new womans boutique on the main street inbetween dv8 and barkers ..accross from pennys ...forget the name... Emobile also opene on the main street and "the blinds boutique" opened on the corner of cinema lane formerly "lulu's" ...

new barbers beside pettits in town in the old l&n carpark.... and new unnamed shop beisde diva salon in the same area ...shops accross from the bean and berry selling womens accessories of some sort !

That new toy shop down near Heatons seems to have closed up already. Anyone known the story?
    I thought it would do well but it did'nt feel like a toy shop - no music playing, no kids videos playing in shop etc. Silence in shop was actually off putting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

That new toy shop down near Heatons seems to have closed up already. Anyone known the story?
    I thought it would do well but it did'nt feel like a toy shop - no music playing, no kids videos playing in shop etc. Silence in shop was actually off putting

I think there was one there last year and the year before maybe not the exact same location but they were on south main street. They only seem too open up just before christmas and then there gone, probably discount type stores maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Malerie

There's a great furniture restoration shop in The Forge, Baldwinstown near Kilmore Quay. I got 2 chairs restored there recently and they're fantastic, very reasonable too. They have alot of old furniture and antiques. Love love love those kind of shops!!!:D

• Advertisement

well "Haven" has closed its doors on the quay ... i thought that was a nice enough little place for the odd few pints on saturday before moving off somewhere else... just didnt do the trade during the week .....

springsteens has closed its doors and will be reopening next week into a nightclub venue mainly promoting live bands so ive heard ! so one door shuts another opens....

and looking forward to the thomas moore tavern reopening again ! loch garman abu !

Advertisement