Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Name your own price for six "puzzling games" (some or all may be rubbish)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Just noticed G2Play have Riptide for 13.99 when bought with anything else over a fiver....great value.

https://www.g2play.net/store/home.php?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=190713-EOWS-CiA

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Decent sale of a few games on Origin - http://store2.origin.com/store/eaemea/en_IE/html/pbPage.floor_price_2013_en_IE/

Noteworthy for me were DA: Origins for €3 and DA 2 for €4.99. Have Origins but grabbed 2. Origin sales seem very random to me. For example Awakenings, the DA: Origins expansion is not on sale, Kingdoms of Amalur dlc is on sale but not the main game and so on. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

mewso wrote: »
    Decent sale of a few games on Origin - http://store2.origin.com/store/eaemea/en_IE/html/pbPage.floor_price_2013_en_IE/

Noteworthy for me were DA: Origins for €3 and DA 2 for €4.99. Have Origins but grabbed 2. Origin sales seem very random to me. For example Awakenings, the DA: Origins expansion is not on sale, Kingdoms of Amalur dlc is on sale but not the main game and so on. Strange.

Alice Madness returns, only 3eu... feck! thats worth getting even if you do need to install Origin! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

A choice of 4 games for €6 on Get Loaded Go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Has origin improved or is it terrible? My girlfriend and I are both nearly finished dragon age and want to get 2. Find it difficult to even find out whats on sale on it, you would think they would promote it better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Has origin improved or is it terrible? My girlfriend and I are both nearly finished dragon age and want to get 2. Find it difficult to even find out whats on sale on it, you would think they would promote it better.

Never had any issue with origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

The store is pretty useless and the interface is pretty but I imagine impractical for large amounts of games but over all its alright.

Worse than Steam. Better than Uplay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Guess Im picking up DA2 then. Had to look up about DLC for it because for some reason selling DLC where you sell the game is too mainstream. Doubting the DLC is worth it anyway, costs more than the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

• Advertisement

Monaco €5.70 from the dev http://www.monacoismine.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Awesome. Bought that there, and then the Gold Edition upgrade on Steam for 2.50. In total then, Civ V GE for under €6.

Which was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Awesome. Bought that there, and then the Gold Edition upgrade on Steam for 2.50. In total then, Civ V GE for under €6.

Which was nice.

Get Brave New World here for €20.:p

Is it worth getting BNW immediately? That is, does it improve vanilla Civ V significantly?

Is it worth getting BNW immediately? That is, does it improve vanilla Civ V significantly?

Well.......... Its hard one. I was really opposed on that expansion as it is a bit pricy for what it is. I would really not pay full 30eu for it, but 20eu with a pain in wallet is not that bad.
    The value you get from gold edition makes the new expansion to look like very bad deal. If you new to civ 5, I would recomend play civ for at least 10 hours. then have a look some of this guy vids. He is a fantastic at Civ 5 and he explains everything very well. Just by watching few of his videos I am a lot better civ gamer and I played Civ games since Civ 2.
    When you will have Idea on how to play, then you will know better if its worth it. I got it just because I like to have complete games like Civ.

It's €15 on Nuuvem http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1245-sid-meier-s-civilization-v-brave-new-world And imo it's definitely well worth getting asap as it makes the game feel so much more complete (I'm not saying that I personally thought it felt incomplete before) but the expansion does really add a lot more end game content, I've played two full games since I got the expansion and I'm loving it so yeah get it if you can :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

NBA 2k13 for steam is €3.40 on nuubem for those that done know. Just cause is also 27 cent on steam!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,294 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

new Bundlestars out today for €4.55, all register on Steam

Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD

Afterfall Insanity Extended Edition

Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers

Cargo Commander

Disciples III: Renaissance

The Journey Down: Chapter 1

Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise

Dungeons: The Dark Lord

Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space

Zeno Clash

• Advertisement

If you missed the Orcs Must Die series during the Steam sale, Gamersgate have 75% off all OMD stuff currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

If you missed the Orcs Must Die series during the Steam sale, Gamersgate have 75% off all OMD stuff currently.

Get it! Get it! Get it! Get it! Get it! Get it!
    Game is a terrific amount of fun to play every now and again. :D
    (Sorry I'm not quite out of Steam Sale mode yet. :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭C14N

The store is pretty useless and the interface is pretty but I imagine impractical for large amounts of games but over all its alright.

Worse than Steam. Better than Uplay

I still think Origin is woeful. I had forgotten about it because I hadn't had to use it since Mass Effect 3 but Battlefield 3 forced me to use it too and it was dreadful. It took me 2 days to download 9GB from Gamefly and then Origin wanted to install another 13GB which took well over a week. Main problems I had were:
    • The software crashed several times a day while being left to download which was annoying.
    • It was slower than other programs at downloading, usually getting less than 50% of the speed on most sites and it often slowed down over time to dial up speeds of about 3 or 4 kbps which meant I had to restart it to set it straight again.
    • More than once, I had left it overnight expecting it to get through several gigs by the time I woke up to find it had paused itself after about half an hour and made barely any progress.

Definitely worse than Uplay for me, and I really don't like Uplay. Had some problems with it trying and failing to sync files with the cloud too. Apart from that, when the game actually got started I didn't get many problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Uplay is just so slow with having to connect every time you think of clicking a button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Great Bundlestars deal!

The only game I really want is Afterfall, will have to see if I can maybe swap some of the others for something else as I won't play them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Trine 2 on Steam -85% discount = €2.54 .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭C14N

Well.......... Its hard one. I was really opposed on that expansion as it is a bit pricy for what it is. I would really not pay full 30eu for it, but 20eu with a pain in wallet is not that bad.
    The value you get from gold edition makes the new expansion to look like very bad deal. If you new to civ 5, I would recomend play civ for at least 10 hours. then have a look some of this guy vids. He is a fantastic at Civ 5 and he explains everything very well. Just by watching few of his videos I am a lot better civ gamer and I played Civ games since Civ 2.
    When you will have Idea on how to play, then you will know better if its worth it. I got it just because I like to have complete games like Civ.

Does he have many games for vanilla Civ 5 or the Gods and Kings version? I'm interested in seeing someone helpful but I don't have Brave New World and probably won't for a while.

C14N wrote: »
    Does he have many games for vanilla Civ 5 or the Gods and Kings version? I'm interested in seeing someone helpful but I don't have Brave New World and probably won't for a while.

He does. I even watched his civ 4 videos like that. He pick up city, explains what kind of victory he will try to get and off he goes. Actually only few latest series are with new expansion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

I have a tradeable coupon for 75% off portal 2 on steam until july 31st if anyone wants to trade for it add me on steam.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement