Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Final Position,Team Value and No of Transfers for the season.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Final Overall Ranking: 18,689

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 105.3

Total Transfers: 59

Your Best Transfer(s):
    I'll go with Walcott yesterday. Bit of a differential captain at a crucial time.

Your Worst Transfer(s):
    Costa out when I thought he was injured, and deciding he was still injured for GW4. 50 point difference between captaining Van Persie and Balotelli those weeks and having him. I know its not as simple as that, but that transfer alone, all other things being equal, would have put me in the top 6k.

Highlight of the Season: GW 28. 97 points, with only Tottenham players having a DGW. FSA Premier League was another highlight.

Lowlight of the Season:
    I started badly. Again. Caught up in alot of my money leagues, but not all of them like the year before.

What Have You Learned from this Season:
    Less points hits. I get carried away sometimes.

Aims and Expectations for 2015/2016:
    18689 has been my lowest ranking since I started really taking the game seriously. I get that its still a pretty decent score but I'd like to get back into the top 10k, and hopefully beyond that. Not starting terribly would be a huge push in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

Final Overall Ranking: - 978

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): £104.5m & 2.1 in the bank

Total Transfers: - 45

Your Best Transfer(s): Bringing in Austin and captaining him just for the DGW

Your Worst Transfer(s): - Sterling for the last few games and possibly selling Schlupp last month

Highlight of the Season: Has to be bringing in Kane for 4.8m back in November

Lowlight of the Season: Not too many really apart from maybe bringing in Terry too late and not captaining Kane when he got the hat-trick at home to Leicester

What Have You Learned from this Season: Follow the crowd when deciding on who to make captain. Stick to the reliable players as opposed to bringing in differentials

Aims and Expectations for 2015/2016: Very difficult to replicate this season again but would be very happy to be in the top 10k this time next year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Final Overall Ranking: 27,805

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 101.8 + 3.2

Total Transfers: 59 :pac::pac:

Your Best Transfer(s): Silva in GW 26

Your Worst Transfer(s): Brought Naughton in for Bellerin in GW 31

Highlight of the Season: Overall ranking was my highest ever in FPL, won my money league and won the FPL Academy Team Cup :)

Lowlight of the Season: Agreeing to go halves on the prize with second in my money league :P Try and guess which gameweek i panicked http://www.visualfpl.com/#/league/51428

What Have You Learned from this Season: Dont rush to make transfers!

Aims and Expectations for 2015/2016: Improve overall ranking and retain the FPL academy Team cup!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

53 transfers

106.2m

best transfer: Austin

worst transfer : shipping out Costa for Giroud then Giroud got sent off.

highlight: being inside the top 1k in thE world for one glorious night.

lowlight: captaining Giroud.

Lessons: form over fixtures, form over fixtures, form over fixtures.

Ambition: I feel top20k is achievable again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Final Overall Ranking: 3164

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): £107.3m

Total Transfers: - 40

Your Best Transfer(s): Getting Silva at the right time and sticking with him. Having Di Maria when it mattered. The legendary Kasper Schmeichel these last few weeks.

Your Worst Transfer(s): - GW 8 got Azpi in, promptly sent off, transferred him out GW 9. Lamela in GW1, should've been Siggy.

Highlight of the Season: Heaton penalty save in GW 16 with clean sheet and bonus points. Got me a gameweek score of 98 that week. Winning €140 for 3rd place in a money league. Getting promoted to FSA premiership by the skin of my teeth.

Lowlight of the Season: Telling everyone I knew to be sure to have Siggy from day one. Didn't follow my own advice though and have regretted losing those points since.

What Have You Learned from this Season: Don't do anything too out of the ordinary, don't chase last weeks points. The wisdom and analysis contained in Fantasy Sports Arena is THE single most important resource there is. The incredible standard here is testament to that. Thanks all.

Aims and Expectations for 2015/2016: Delighted with my highest ever finish. Hoping for another top 10000 finish next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

984th a new PB!
    48 transfers
    105m ( 104.2m + 0.8m ITB )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Final Overall Ranking: 3,587

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 106.7 million

Total Transfers: 42

Your Best Transfer(s): Gameweek 2. 4 point hit to write a couple of wrongs from gameweek 1 and it stood to my rise up the rankings for the season.

Your Worst Transfer(s): Trippling up on Arsenal in GW37 was a disaster.

Highlight of the Season: Being top 4k from early on and maintaining it.

Lowlight of the Season: Repeatedly bad Captain choices.

What Have You Learned from this Season: Judge players by form, not fixtures

Aims and Expectations for 2015/2016: To join money leagues so that a season like this will win me money. (Yeah, I'm greedy)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Final Overall Ranking: 14,588

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 107.5 million

Total Transfers: 43

Your Best Transfer(s): Probably getting Silva in GW19 and keeping for the season, he was a great differential.

Your Worst Transfer(s): Lots of bad ones including Sturridge, Azpilicueta who got sent off the week I bought him but I don't think any were as bad as Baines, bought in GW12 and held him for 6 weeks where he managed a total of 7 pts for me.

Highlight of the Season: Winning boards H2H, 12 green arrows in last 14 weeks of season to move from 105k to season high of 14.5k in GW38, Austin (C) hat-trick, Kun (C) and Kane (C) for a couple of big scores as well.

Lowlight of the Season: Awful start, 512k after 12 weeks. Getting rid of Costa in early wildcard when he was 'injured'. Lots of 2 pt captains but I think everyone was guilty of that this season. Ignoring the Villa / QPR DGW.

What Have You Learned from this Season: Get team right from start is key, then just be consistent / conservative.

Aims and Expectations for 2015/2016: I've been playing 7 years and had 3 good years (top 5k, top 1k and this year) but 4 poor years mixed in as well (65k, 71k, 80k and 151k) so my main aim to better this year and hopefully get inside top 5k again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Final Overall Ranking: 21,152

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 104 million

Total Transfers: 48

Your Best Transfer(s): Kane

Your Worst Transfer(s):Falcao at the start

Highlight of the Season: Won local league and placed in cash league.

Lowlight of the Season: None

What Have You Learned from this Season: Go with your gut and dont knee jerk

Aims and Expectations for 2015/2016: Break 20k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Final Overall Ranking: 1,851

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 107.9m

Total Transfers: 41

Your Best Transfer(s): Austin GW13, Silva Gw18, Cazorla GW23

Your Worst Transfer(s): Baines

Highlight of the Season: Heaton's penalty save and that whole Saturday. I was hungover as fcuk and racked up a huge score from 6 or 7 players (alas the Sunday was a letdown as per usual).

Lowlight of the Season: Going against my gut and transferring baines in ahead of Terry. Lack of southampton defensive coverage.

What Have You Learned from this Season: Not to go against the grain and randomly go for a player that I fancy to go on a run. Stick to the popular in form players. Managed to cut down on it this year but still hoilett, ward prowse, remy, tadic (later in the season), Kompany and kaboul were wasted transfers.

Aims and Expectations for 2015/2016: Try and beat this year's finish but it's not gonna be easy, realistically top 5k is always a good finish. May give UFPL a go too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Final Overall Ranking: ~6,200

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): £106.5m

Total Transfers: 41 (6 hits, all -4)

Your Best Transfer(s): It's hard to peg it down to just one. It seems strange to say, but getting Aguero in extremely early (GW6) was huge for me in private leagues as very few of my main rivals did the same. We all know what he did in GW8 and his price, coupled with the fact many had Costa and another expensive striker, meant his ownership figure was quite low. However, looking through my gameweek history I'm actually going to go for Baines. I brought him in for GW8, got hauls of 15, 7, 7, 11, 0 (someone subbed in with 6) and 1 from him before dumping him. He was a big differential for me at the time.

Your Worst Transfer(s): Without a shadow of a doubt it was the double decision I made with the January wildcard. Eriksen and Pelle over Kane and Silva. I debated it for quite some time but went for the former. I was flying at that time and dropped like a stone, solely because of that one decision, and it took me about 10 gameweeks to recover (3 or 4 of being in denial thinking it would change, 6 or 7 to make points back). Loic Remy at the back end of the season was horrendous too.

Highlight of the Season: The 95 point haul on Boxing Day which sent me to 220th in the world, the highest position I had ever been in playing the game, from just inside the top 1,000. Me and the lads were discussing our teams pre-kick off over a few pints. I mentioned I had brought James Chester in and started him against Sunderland which drew a few giggles. We had forgotten about it until Sky Sports News flashed up that there had been a goal at the Stadium of Light and who had scored? James bloody Chester! :pac: It was at that point that the lads just laughed in disbelief and said everything I had been doing so far this season had somehow turned to gold. A canny moment.

Lowlight of the Season: That January wildcard.

What Have You Learned from this Season: Stick to the tried and trusted. Even looking at next season already, if you build your week 1 team around Foster (Tony Pulis), a Chelsea defender, a West Brom defender (Tony Pulis), Sanchez, Hazard, Silva and Aguero you won't go too far wrong. That's half your squad already that doesn't need to be over-thought. Also not to bother with rotating goalkeepers. It's just not worth the hassle.

Aims and Expectations for 2015/2016: Top 1,000. I'm also going to join as many leagues as I can that offer prizes.

Final Overall Ranking: 4988

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 108.1

Total Transfers: 43

Your Best Transfer(s): Silva early on just as he kicked off

Your Worst Transfer(s): Worst transfer was not transferring out Giroud during the final four or so games

Highlight (s) of the Season: Aguero going nuts

Lowlight of the Season: ignoring the QPR dgw

What Have You Learned from this Season: Don't be afraid to take a hit to solve a problem in your team

Aims and Expectations for 2015/2016: Better than 5k, 2k would be nice

Advertisement