Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Gaelic Football

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lemlin is the man here, c'mon pal who's Meaths most likely scoring defender?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Mickey Quinn for longford against offaly this evening named at half forward and should be on 45's. Should be decent for one game at least, winner plays the dubs pretty sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

John Heslin will be a good differential. He's down as a midfielder but will most likely play in the forwards and he takes all Westmeath's frees. The play Louth in the first round so there's a good chance he'll have two games.

Bryan Sheehan is similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭JuanJose

Gonna give this a rattle. I see the deadline is 6pm tonight and not 7pm as posted earlier on in the thread.

Any freetaking keepers outside of Tyrone or Dublin spring to mind, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Lemlin is the man here, c'mon pal who's Meaths most likely scoring defender?

Post the list of their backs from the game.

• Advertisement

1-5 from Donie Kingston last night gives me a decent start. John Heslin to play today v Louth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I missed a trick, hadn't realised Heslin was down as a midfielder

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I missed a trick, hadn't realised Heslin was down as a midfielder

Was Lacey booked - didn't get any points, even though he played and scored 0-1?

Don't think Lacey was booked. They're still updating the game, so it might not show until tomorrow.

0-9 from John Heslin today. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Nib wrote: »
    Don't think Lacey was booked. They're still updating the game, so it might not show until tomorrow.

0-9 from John Heslin today. :eek:

Ah dont say that :/ That stings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

I see that Darren McCurry hasn't been credited with the goal he got yesterday. I presume that will be amended later today?

Nib wrote: »
    John Heslin will be a good differential. He's down as a midfielder but will most likely play in the forwards and he takes all Westmeath's frees. The play Louth in the first round so there's a good chance he'll have two games.

Great shout :)

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

can one change the captain every week or is it the case of no changes for the whole provisional matches ?

can one change the captain every week or is it the case of no changes for the whole provisional matches ?

Rule 6.
    You can only change your captain during these transfer windows (1st one is before the provincial finals) - See more at: http://www.fantasygaelic.ie/home/rules#sthash.Hc85T6ra.dpuf

Anyone know what the 5 point bonus is for?

cocoman wrote: »
    Anyone know what the 5 point bonus is for?

Appearance points - 5 per game in provinional

Appearance points - 5 per game in provinional

There seems to be another 5 point bonus on top of that. Only some players got this extra 5 points but I don't know why. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

There seems to be another 5 point bonus on top of that. Only some players got this extra 5 points but I don't know why. Any ideas?

There are points going for MOTM awards, so presumably that.

There are points going for MOTM awards, so presumably that.

No it's not the MOTM. 20 for that.

Just found out what the bonus points are for. According to fantasy gaelic:

"Bonus points are given to the stand out players in a game. Up to five players in each game potentailly can get bonus points depending on performences, so the players receiving bonus points will vary."

I don't know how they will decide who were stand out players. Could be a bit dodgy especially if there are only a few points separating the winner at the end of the competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

As a Westmeath man I can't believe I left out Heslin, in my defence he plays for St Lomans our arch rivals so **** him.

How does one know who is MOTM per game ?

How does one know who is MOTM per game ?

I think it's the Newstalk MOTM.
    McManus got it on RTE but its one of the midfielders who has been credited on fantasy gaelic. I dont know how they will do it for the matches not covered by Newstalk.

McManus got it on RTE but its one of the midfielders who has been credited on fantasy gaelic. I dont know how they will do it for the matches not covered by Newstalk.

From the tweet machine - MOTM is from the Irish Indo reports.

Very poorly run this year. League tables still not updated.

Also the bonus points system needs to be explained in the rules and clean sheet points don't seem to be added.

I got motm points for McManus

I got motm points for McManus

FG originally had McManus as MOTM but then they changed it.

FG originally had McManus as MOTM but then they changed it.

Bollocks:o:pac:

Make up the rules as they go along , hmmmmmmmmm
    not impress with Fantasy Gaelic this year

• Advertisement

Make up the rules as they go along , hmmmmmmmmm
    not impress with Fantasy Gaelic this year

Results updated now.

I see team of the week has 6 Monaghan players !!!!!!

Advertisement