Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2010 Cooking club Week 33: Tagliatelle Carbonara with Garlic Bread

124»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Made this today... I have a spanish friend staying with me.. made it with Chorizo and oh my god was it delicious!! Never fails to tickle my taste buds!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

ChewChew wrote: »
    Made this today... I have a spanish friend staying with me.. made it with Chorizo and oh my god was it delicious!! Never fails to tickle my taste buds!! :D

Chorizo? That's an interesting take on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

I'm making this tonight... squeee!

I'm making this tonight... squeee!

How did it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

BaZmO* wrote: »
    How did it go?

It was amazing. I threw some extra stuff in as I had planned to make paella tonight, but changed my mind at the last moment. :o

I had some prawns defrosted and I warmed them in melted butter, so I put them in aswell as an onion, mushroom, pancetta and a good handful of fresh parsley from the garden.

Never got round to making the garlic bread but we didn't really need to as there was so much carbonara, there's still some left in the pan but I doubt it will live til tomorrow with the OH around. :rolleyes:

Thanks so much for the recipe, it's amazing. I have never made carbonara with cream before tonight, I normally make it with just eggs and parmesan.

EDIT: I need to clean my cooker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Made this yesterday, was very tasty, too much for two though. Didn't bother with the garlic bread as the new Kerrygold garlic bread is the best I've ever tasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Made this today. Yummy!
    I can barely move now though...:)

Red Pepper wrote: »
    Made this today. Yummy!
    I can barely move now though...:)
    Ha. It's a bit filling alright. Glad you enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Confab wrote: »
    ... the new Kerrygold garlic bread is the best I've ever tasted.

I normally make my own but I'd like to give this a try so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I love a good pasta dish! Going to try this one this week and I might add a splash of white wine to the sauce to be cheeky. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Mmm carbonara.
    I usually make mine with mozzarella and egg yolks no parmesean or cream, will have to give yours a try though because I can't reall justify using four egg yolks and leaving the egg whites regularly, it is such a waste and there is only so many egg white omelettes I can handle.

People talking with scrambled egg pasta brought back some memories for me, I wanted to make carbonara for a home ec. Practical in secondary school, they got me a crappy recipe and the eggs kept scrambling, it still tasted awesome though so myself and a few classmates would gather round and eat the eggy pasta as if it was gone out of fashion, they eventually convinced me I would loose marks for it because it was wrong, can't remember what I made instead!

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Mmm carbonara.
    I usually make mine with mozzarella and egg yolks no parmesean or cream

Mozzarella? Never heard of that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jewelstar

Saw this yesterday, new to this on Boards. Thanks for the recipe. Was getting sick of my pasta option of smoked salmon and mushrooms.

Extremely tasty even at my first attempt. Tried to follow the recipe to the book, worked out and looked good, bit of practice and I'll nail it though. Was cooking only for myself, housemate is dieting so no carbs :(. Bit harder to judge for just one, over indulged on the cream. Added in a bit of Sauv Blanc for a slight vinegary flavour, not bad but not great. I'll try without next time.

Ended up beached on the couch for an hour after!!

jewelstar wrote: »
    Ended up beached on the couch for an hour after!!
    Ha. Tends to be the way I end up after I've had it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Had this for dinner tonight (3 years after it was posted :eek:)

absolutely gorgeous, not something we'd be having every week with all the cream, but tastes amazing

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Going to make this again this eve. It's been a while...

Advertisement