Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where did you get your username?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

I was so bad at Sonic the Hedgehog on the Sega that my friends called me chronic which led to mr Kr0nik in my later years as I'm bad at all video games...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

A guy on here had a problem with my companies website and I created the account to PM him and let him know we were fixing it and not to call the guards.

It was all cloak and dagger stuff as my boss didn't know I was helping the "customer" out directly....hence Smokingman from x-files fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I got mine from watching Friends, My real name is Michael Sheridan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

its what i drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

A movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I used a random number generator, took the numbers (83779) and applied them to letters on a phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    I got mine from watching Friends, My real name is Michael Sheridan.

I'm actually puzzled by this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Terry wrote: »
    I used a random number generator, took the numbers (83779) and applied them to letters on a phone.
    So wait there...... You're not a chick!!??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Grand song by MC5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭somethingwitty

Because I wanted something witty with mimimum thinking involved!!!!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

antodeco wrote: »
    My username came from two of my mates Tony and Paul. TonoPaulo. Wait..

Username thief!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

They sucked his brains out!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭auditek923

from my pc speakers beside my screen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

"Halloween Jack is a real cool cat,
    And he lives on top of Manhattan Chase."

"Diamond Dogs" by David Bowie.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Tolkien.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

George Lucas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Bag of crisps

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

A Gary Barlow song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

size of me mickey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I like the word igloo, and the "square" part was because I wanted the letter "q" in my username.
    The thought process took all of 7 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The old Brooke Shields film, plus I live on a boat in a lagoon-like harbour. 1980 film: http://i00.twenga.com/v/30/13/163013vb.png

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

Galvasean wrote: »
    Galvatron was a transformer from the '86 Transformers movie who had a similar goatee to me. My real name is Sean so i just rolled out with Galvasean.

as a transformers fan from back in the day and still one too, i have to say i like the username/sig combo mate :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

i got it from a monkey who owns a blender and has a really annoying voice !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Well, what's the idea behind your username?

got it from a phone bill(seriously)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Greek play/A Perfect Circle song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 vantasic

my second name, vandamme. meant to write vantastic, left out the second t by mistake and can't figure out how to fix it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You'd have to subscribe. You could subscribe for a month, request the name change and it would only cost you a fiver.,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I just wish all usernames where are an accurate repesentation on the actual person:( But then again my local women are fat middle age crazy cat woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RoMiLe

vantasic wrote: »
    my second name, vandamme. meant to write vantastic, left out the second t by mistake and can't figure out how to fix it

haha

I know that on other forums that if you get in touch with the administrators then you can get them to fix the mistake. I'm no sure what the story is here though.

I got mine from the first 2 letters of my first, second and middle names.

Robert
    Michael
    Lewis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I have no idea. I think it may have been a parody of Darth Vader...but then I'm not really a star wars fan. I might change it if I ever become a subscriber.

I've been told that for some reason it sticks in people's heads, sticks in people's heads, sticks in people's heads.

Advertisement