Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FSA Championship H2H thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

KevIRL wrote: »
    If naughton gets 2 points tomorrow I draw with capt cummo.

Looks likely but as a pool fan ill be hoping for a hammering lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

a nice run of wins in recent weeks was halted last week but I've still moved well away from relegation zone where I spent the first half of the season. very slim chance of promotion, most likely mid table mediocrity now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,914 ✭✭✭G1032

If Austin and Bruce get more than 4 points I lose again.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭dasa29

wow what a tight game I won my h2h by 2 points, also what a high scoring game as well.

Bunch of Goons 87 - 89 Lcam-01xb Dominion.

Lost by 2 points. In 12th place. Safe from relegation but promotion has to be as good as gone from 12th place I'd think even though I'm just 6 points behind

• Advertisement

The two top scorers this week both drew on 89; thats harsh.
    All top 5 after me lost giving me a 6 point cushion at the top....not that counts for much yet.

skippy15 wrote: »
    The two top scorers this week both drew on 89; thats harsh.
    All top 5 after me lost giving me a 6 point cushion at the top....not that counts for much yet.

Ya. Talk about Murphy's Law. I was waaayyyy behind The Dukes of Hazard going into last night's game but Benteke pulled a point out of the bag for me. I was sure that 89 would seal me 3 valuable points but I'll take the one point all the same.
    I'm still in 12th place and 5 points behind 3rd? If I won every game between now and the end I might sneak but it's hard to see how I could overtake so many people.
    I would love to make the Premier League.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭dasa29

I know it is still anybody League the next few games should decide the top three, I am just happy to be up to 15th after spending a lot time in the bottom three of the league.

also G1032 I think we have a h2h in game week 33

I've as good as lost my match this week already. That's me consigned to a second season in the Championship!! Maybe I'll make a better fist of gaining promotion next season

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

7 points of the top, should win this week but looking like a mid table finish is on the cards .

• Advertisement

I'm up against 2nd place The Gooners this week. If Terry gets the 3 bonus and both Ivan and Fab get no bonus I think it'll be a tie.

I've lost this week already- that's 4/5 loses for the league leader!!!
    2nd play 3rd so whoever wins that goes top! GL
    But i'm still aiming for Champions Cup and FSA Champ double! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

This league is very fukking close. Loads of teams still in the promotion shake up

This league is very fukking close. Loads of teams still in the promotion shake up

I'm 9th with 55 points and 4 points off 3rd. I haven't looked at the remaining fixtures but I'd be shocked if 3 wins got me promotion. What could have been!!

I'm safe from relegation though so I'll get another shot at the holy grail next season

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭bo-sco

I'm top now even though I lost interest in fantasy football after I captained Aguero over Kane the week of his hatrick. Just been making Friday night changes and not paying any attention to form or injuries really.

I've been falling down the overall table but seem to keep winning in this H2H thing. It's all a bit of a lottery.

Key promotion battle between The Gooners and myself comes down to GRU tomorrow. Less than 6 points I win, more than 6 and he does and leave me essentially out of the promotion race

Any faint hopes of promotion well and truly done and dusted unless Bellerin outscores Monreal by 14 points! Mid table mediocrity secured!

Key promotion battle between The Gooners and myself comes down to GRU tomorrow. Less than 6 points I win, more than 6 and he does and leave me essentially out of the promotion race

Winner alright. Looks like bosco have the league title but promotion spots still very much up for grabs

Winner alright. Looks like bosco have the league title but promotion spots still very much up for grabs

Definitely not wrapped up! That Swansea goal cost me the win this week. At least I took a point.

One win from the last two will secure promotion for me though.

Very tight.

Going into the last game looks like 3/4 players could yet win it-
    How many promotion sports are up for grabs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

I'm pretty sure its three. Tight at the top alright.

Looks like I've secured promotion.

6 wins and a draw in the last 7 during my worst run of the season shows the odd nature of this format.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Yeah 1 promotion spot and all 3 relegation spots already decided; looks like 5 or 6 of us in the hunt for the final 2 promotion spots with captain cummo and schurrle not in the driving seat. In the interest of fairness I think all teams should field their strongest 11 and avoid the temptation to have a look at younger players etc before the summer holidays (I mean you Dukes of Hazard and Alabama Hotpockets!)

Think I miss out on a top 3 place on points diff :(

Think I miss out on a top 3 place on points diff :(

Looks like about 5 people could have taken 3rd place in the end.
    Onwards and upwards

And I win the division. Hooray!

Funnily, this might be enough to make me play next season.
    I got really browned off with FF in the last 7 or 8 game weeks this season for some reason. Was strongly considering not playing next season. Hopefully by the time August swings round I'll be interested again.

Thanks to all who competed in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,824 ✭✭✭✭CSF

bo-sco wrote: »

I got really browned off with FF in the last 7 or 8 game weeks this season for some reason. Was strongly considering not playing next season. Hopefully by the time August swings round I'll be interested again.

Congrats man!!!

bo-sco wrote: »

This league (I'll be in championship again next season) might keep me playing next year too. I'll definitely start the season if only to keep my place in this league. Really need a season or two break from the game but I don't want to give up my place in the league!!

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Yeah, congrats to the 3 leaving us for loftier places! Will have to slog it out again next year.

RIP Bill O'Herlihy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,824 ✭✭✭✭CSF

So, after an eventful first year, the following 20 people have qualified for the FSA Championship 15/16. Congrats to Bo-sco, Tom K and Skippy15.

Iago
    Ronan.h
    Jeju
    KevIRL
    Who 8 Paul?
    Local Chap
    Benimar
    TaytoCrisps
    Lucas Hood
    Hogey007
    Easy Rod
    Fizman
    G1032
    Dasa29
    Decoda
    Remoteboy
    Kevinroche3333
    Biscuits1988
    AdpRo
    SantryRed

The order of next in line:
    Greensausage
    Dahat
    Mhaigheo
    Aha Shake
    Itsnotmyfault
    Santi101

The same process will follow as last year in terms of signup. I'll send you a PM in the few days after the website goes up for the new season and you'll have until midnight July 31st to signup. August 1st-8th will be spent filling up any attrition so no late applications will be entertained.

Last year, because it was the first year, I did that extra bit of admin to help people get used to it (not everyone understood their team ID etc). This year I'll have to be a bit stricter instead of spending so much time collating people's details they didn't include, or PMing people to let them know they have to signup in thread too.

To be clear everyone has to signup both in thread (including their teamname and team ID. This MUST be included) and forum. Sign up early to avoid any catastrophes on the final night of the application. I don't wanna have to be a dick an refuse people.

Obviously, this year was the acid test, so if anyone didn't really find themselves to have an interest this year and isn't bothered taking part next year or would prefer to save the spots for leagues with big prizes, can you let me know early and I can pass those places onto the next in line? Its no problem and some people were always going to take to the idea more than others.

Lastly, we had 1 or 2 prizes (due to the highly impressive work of finnharpsboy), and if anyone has any ability to arrange any this year, that would be incredibly appreciated. The only thing I'd insist on is that the size of each league's prizepool is proportionate to the hierarchy of the league. Ie. The prizepool for the Premier League has to be higher than the Championship, and so on and so on, because otherwise the hierarchy doesn't work then and its just 4 random leagues.

Thanks for taking the time to read and I'll post further updates if I suddenly realise at 4 in the morning that I forgot something super important, any feedback is as always more than welcome,

CSF

Advertisement