Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera recommendation

• 08-05-2012 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

I am looking to get a camera with a budget of € 300 so nothing too fancy obviously. Have no idea of spec etc or where the value might lie, so if someone could suggest a few recommendations, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Comments

I am looking to get a camera with a budget of € 300 so nothing too fancy obviously. Have no idea of spec etc or where the value might lie, so if someone could suggest a few recommendations, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

www.dpreview.com and then check on amazon.

would recommend this camera as a great all-rounder that will take great pics and also decent video. also will allow for a bit of more creative stuff if you get into photography. there is a slightly newer version out now but outside (s100) your budget (and new features not that huge an upgrade). 10mp is plenty for printing up to near poster size - don't be swayed by that fact. lens on this camera is nice and the sensor is good.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-PowerShot-Digital-Sensitivity-Megapixel/dp/B00400OK52/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336486082&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭coffee to go

For pure flexibility (i.e. a camera that can do pretty much everything - like a lens that goes from 1cm super macro to 720mm telephoto and can shoot HD video), the Fuji HS bridge cameras are a good bet.

HS-20

HS-30

We have at least six cameras in the house, but it's our Fuji that usually goes in the bag when you need an all-in-one package and when you don't know what you might end up shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭omeatheopian

Cheers guys really appreciate the good advice

Advertisement