Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chisora slapped Vitali at the weigh-in

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

No, Chisora before the annoucment had very good rounds while Vitali wasn't throwing his jab nor attacking for those previous rounds, yet Chisora got none of them.

The bias is so affluent in Germany, no wonder the Klitschko don't fight outside often. (or in the case of "Cautious Wladimir", never at all.) Wladimir putting down Haye by saying "he wants to go to Hollywood", whilst the Klitschko's star in TV commercials, appear on products, the whole 9 yards.

I wonder how history will look upon 2 Heavyweight Champions refusing to fight each other for the first time ever. It isn't one dodging the other, it's the 2 champions dodging each other. That is something.

I hope the view will be negative. The sooner America produces Heavyweight talent, keep the line of Dempsey/Louis/Marciano/Liston/Ali/Frazier/Foreman/Norton/Holmes/Tyson/Holyfield/Bowe going the better. Then these foreigners can come over to Madison Square Garden and fight on fair terms, instead of cowering in these own little square, knowing they can't lose their titles.

"Vitali Klitschko has never lost a round ever since his comeback". They couldn't have put it more correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I don't think you really think about things before you make quotes.

The quote was used as a vehicle to show it was you I was talking to. Simples!
    I had it close. I had Chisora slightly behind and looking better, around the 8th/9th. But I feel when the extreme bias came out in the public announcment of the scores (and the entire stadium chanted, despite Ali at his most famous never having an entire stadium chant for him over such a trivial matter.), showing Chisora the mandatory 3 rounds down, and needing a KO, he slightlo lost hope.

the term "clutching at straws" springs to mind.

Chisora was never in charge of this fight. At no point did he ever look like he was going to win it! I agree that the scores were closer than the ones given, but Chisora never looked like the guy winning the fight up until the 9th round........ and you think the reason he didn't look like that in the latter rounds was because of the score announcement?

Not a hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

No, Chisora before the annoucment had very good rounds while Vitali wasn't throwing his jab nor attacking for those previous rounds, yet Chisora got none of them.

The bias is so affluent in Germany
    , no wonder the Klitschko don't fight outside often. (or in the case of "Cautious Wladimir", never at all.) Wladimir putting down Haye by saying "he wants to go to Hollywood", whilst the Klitschko's star in TV commercials, appear on products, the whole 9 yards.

I wonder how history will look upon 2 Heavyweight Champions refusing to fight each other for the first time ever. It isn't one dodging the other, it's the 2 champions dodging each other. That is something.

I hope the view will be negative. The sooner America produces Heavyweight talent, keep the line of Dempsey/Louis/Marciano/Liston/Ali/Frazier/Foreman/Norton/Holmes/Tyson/Holyfield/Bowe going the better. Then these foreigners can come over to Madison Square Garden and fight on fair terms, instead of cowering in these own little square, knowing they can't lose their titles.

"Vitali Klitschko has never lost a round ever since his comeback". They couldn't have put it more correctly.

Tell me more about this "affluent bias".

LOL

So you are saying that the extreme bias in the public annoucment didn't discourage Chisora?

So you are saying that the extreme bias in the public annoucment didn't discourage Chisora?

I'm saying you don't know what the word "affluent" means.

• Advertisement

Affluent means generous.

Very well could've been. Maybe, maybe not! But you're making the mistake of attributing causality to your hypothesis!

But even if he was, you're still clutching at straws!

MrStuffins wrote: »

It depends upon the situation it is used in. It is not used exclusively to describe wealth.

Let's keep this going!

It depends upon the situation it is used in. It is not used exclusively to describe wealth.

Let's keep this going!

I accept your point. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,588 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What?

Was it bias because the first 4 rds happened to be dominated by Klit? Or was it bias because they simply read out the scores, which happened to be dominated by Klit?

Vitali did good for the first 4, but then slowed down and Chisora came on.

Chisora pressured Vitali a lot and threw many body punches, Vitali's right hand side was badly marked at one stage. The commentator on BoxNation even said "Is Vitali's age catching up with him" during all of this. The Co-commentator on BoxNation had Vitali only 2 points ahead after 8 rounds.

And no he wasn't on acid. (at least to my knowledge :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭runboyrun

Vitali was definitely ahead after 8 rounds but not by the wide margins the judges had it.

Germany is famous for terrible judging decisions. The old saying even if you ko your opponent in Germany you still might not get the decision.

Calzaghe got a lot of stick for not fighting abroad until he finally did. The Klits are too protected. They are a money machine in Germany so it makes business sense but in terms of their legacy it will look bad.

Vitali did good for the first 4, but then slowed down and Chisora came on.

Chisora pressured Vitali a lot and threw many body punches, Vitali's right hand side was badly marked at one stage. The commentator on BoxNation even said "Is Vitali's age catching up with him" during all of this. The Co-commentator on BoxNation had Vitali only 2 points ahead after 8 rounds.

And no he wasn't on acid. (at least to my knowledge :))

Smith was on something. He was well off with his views. His problem was that he didn't see a destruction, and he extrapolated this to come out with the "fight being close." It was never close. He saw Chisora moving forward, and then this suddenly became success in his world. Moving forward and throwing punches that are mostly missing, whilst getting tagged consistently, is for some mad reason, success in the eyes of Paul Smith and the other English commentator, oh, and you.

Tagged consistently? WTH. Vitali wasn't even jabbing some rounds and I don't remember him landing too many flush right hands, Chisora wasn't rocked once in the fight. Vitali's power must really be draining.

As I said, Vitali had a big red mark on the red hand side of his body from those Chisora body punches. That wasn't sunburn.

Tagged consistently? WTH. Vitali wasn't even jabbing some rounds and I don't remember him landing too many flush right hands, Chisora wasn't rocked once in the fight. Vitali's power must really be draining.

As I said, Vitali had a big red mark on the red hand side of his body from those Chisora body punches. That wasn't sunburn.

So he landed a few body shots. Big deal. I mean, Vit has a lot of body to hit.

So, what was your score?

Rds wise, and overall punches landed? To me it was a clear cut win. Not at all close in both categories.

15:40 in is the 6th round. Tell me what you see.

In that round you can see Klitschko's wife jumping out of her seat screaming.

So Chisora wasn't rcked once and actually PUNCHED Vitali and left a mark............ so what?

He didn't win the fight! Nobody had his winning the fight. Not at any point! Even Chisora's ma sitting at home would've had Chisora ahead ot any point.

So what are you still moaning about. He lost He was never gonna win! Let it go! There's no controversy!

walshb wrote: »
    So he landed a few body shots. Big deal. I mean, Vit has a lot of body to hit.

So, what was your score?

Rds wise, and overall punches landed? To me it was a clear cut win. Not at all close in both categories.

I agree Chisora lost the fight but I don't agree with you make it clearcut as you are making it.

Vitali won 8-4 but some of the rounds chisora lost were close.

If Chisora was busier on the inside he could well have won. He seemed too hesitant and I feel he has a point when he said a lack of experience let him down.

Vit is now there for the taking and I would definitely give Haye a chance.

• Advertisement

MrStuffins, you think Chisora didn't win one single round. I am no longer going to respond to your views.

MrStuffins, you think Chisora didn't win one single round. I am no longer going to respond to your views.

RiseToThe Top, you need to learn to read posts properly. Or at least learn to understand what people are saying to you.

Where the hell did I say he didn't win one round? What are you on about?

So Chisora wasn't rcked once and actually PUNCHED Vitali and left a mark............ so what?

He didn't win the fight! Nobody had his winning the fight. Not at any point! Even Chisora's ma sitting at home would've had Chisora ahead ot any point.

So what are you still moaning about. He lost He was never gonna win! Let it go! There's no controversy!

Read the bold/italic parts. You said that Chisora was not winning a single part of the fight.

This insinuating he lost a very wide UD decision in your eyes.

He said not at any point. Never said he never won a rd. He may have won a rd, but never was Chisora ahead in that fight. From second 1 until second 2160 Chisora was never winning. Vitali was always ahead in those 2160 seconds.

Read the bold/italic parts. You said that Chisora was not winning a single part of the fight.

This insinuating he lost a very wide UD decision in your eyes.
    walshb wrote: »
    He said not at any point. Never said he never won a rd. He may have won a rd, but never was Chisora ahead in that fight. From second 1 until second 2160 Chisora was never winning. Vitali was always ahead in those 2160 seconds.

I find it quite telling that I made a very very simple point, a point evidently understood by walshb, but somehow you failed to get your head around it................

Either that or you understood but decided to try twist it for your own ends. Either way............. very telling!

Oh look, you found out how to use quotes!!

Oh look, you found out how to use quotes!!

Yup. But you still haven't learned to read the posts of others.
    The quote was used as a vehicle to show it was you I was talking to. Simples!

Also... seriously? THAT'S your reply? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

He wan't jabbing most of the rounds because he tore a ligament in his shoulder early on in the fight, leaving him with zero power in his left arm .With one arm , an over the hill Vitali beat Chisora 10 rounds to two

No matter if that fight was fought in Japan or London, Vitali won that fight by a very wide margin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

runboyrun wrote: »

I would definitely give Haye a chance.

Did you see his last couple of fights..?

• Advertisement

sxt wrote: »
    Did you see his last couple of fights..?

Yes seen their fights

Haye blitzed Harrison and Ruiz showing great power, before his loss to Vlad

Vitali beat a cruiser and a few bums

It was obvious that Vit is slowing down and his advanced age is starting to become a factor. Only a fool wouldn't admit that

I feel Haye's speed and power could get a win

Vit is not as fast on his feet or as athlethic as Vlad so I don't see him being able to stalk haye as well as Vlad did or I don't see him being able to react as well as his reflexes are slowing. Chisora caught Vit clean a couple of times and he's relatively slow compared to Haye

Advertisement