Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Becoming a Real Runner

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

mrslow wrote: »
    Dude?:eek:

:D

Only kidding. It was a burst gel. :P

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

menoscemo wrote: »
    That's what she said :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

I'm guessing the thoughts of getting that ultra medal around your neck was more excitement than you could take.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

He begged me not to tell anyone. He said he hadnt done it since he was 7 and the doctor said he was cured:D

Oisin11178 wrote: »
    He begged me not to tell anyone. He said he hadnt done it since he was 7 and the doctor said he was cured:D

Well if what mr slow is insinuating is true, I must have been a very advanced child :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

And what were you doing with the gel at the time that it burst down there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

gerard65 wrote: »

Too many jokes that my head hurts. Oh the pain:eek:

gerard65 wrote: »

Ehhhhh no comment :pac:

Met up with the gang at UCD (claralara, digger, RK, Aimman, aficionado, perkina). Everyone seemed to have their own plan from my 200's to aimmans 800's to RK's MP laps. (though funnily enough; the other lads seemed to stick to claralara pretty much constantly before challenging each other to duels at the end :rolleyes:)

Anyway this was my first time doing 200's. The plan says 800m pace which mcmillan gives as 2:27. That means 37 sec/200m or just under 5 min/mile pace. The problem was pretty much to keep the speed down. I ran the first in 34 and tried to slow down, but the second was 32! Jerry Kiernan had his team out tonight and I even managed to keep Joe Sweeeny and the boys at bay during my 200's and get the thumbs up a few times from Jerry himself :cool:.

Splits went (max hr): 34 (167), 32(171), 35 (175), 36 (175), 33 (177), 35 (179), 36 (178), 32 (177), 37 (177).

The Garmin is pretty off in terms of distance/pace and HR. On the map you can see it shows me running up the grass on the 200m reps leaving the reps short and running way outside the track on the cool downs . It also show the HR on the cooldowns to be way higher than during the sprints :confused:

Anyway I am guessing the paces are pretty much in 4:30/mile range for the 200's which I am very pleased about. I have to say I enjoyed this session and it felt much easier than the 400/800 reps.

Total: 4.6 miles.

WTD 2 runs 9.8 miles

Month|No. of days Runnning|Miles
    January|28/31|256.3
    February|24/28|236.9
    March|23/31|221.9
    April|22/30|150.2
    May|9/10|82.5
    Total|105/129|974.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Hi meno, nice session, what was the recovery between reps?

• Advertisement

Woddle wrote: »
    Hi meno, nice session, what was the recovery between reps?

200m walk/jog. Generally walked the first 50m and then jogged the rest, though I have to admit to stopping a few times to chat to the rest of the crew during their rests.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Nice session there horse!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Closing in on the 1,000. Any plans on ending it in style like you did last year?

Closing in on the 1,000. Any plans on ending it in style like you did last year?

Looks like I'll be crossing the line somewhere in the phoenix park on sunday. I think the queen might be in Farmleigh at the time. Hmmm, you are putting ideas in my head....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Good session Meno, the 200s can be a really enjoyable session.

Good session Meno, the 200s can be a really enjoyable session.

Yeah, I have to say i really enjoyed it. Pretty sure I could do something like a 27 second one as a stand alone sprint.

I think there might be a few queens in the furry glen at the time. Hmmm, you are putting ideas in my head....

:D:D:D

Yeah, I have to say i really enjoyed it. Pretty sure I could do something like a 27 second one as a stand alone sprint.

Yeah probably similiar 26/27 as i was doing them around 30/31 in training on fairly tired legs.

Yeah probably similiar 26/27 as i was doing them around 30/31 in training on fairly tired legs.

:rolleyes: Jesus, I can almost feel another bet coming on....

That was the angle i was taking:D

• Advertisement

I want in on that one. One bet i'm sure to win :p

I might give you a chance to win some of your Ultra money back next year:p

No way, you're not in on this one, but I think we can let frank join if he wants.

I'd prefer a 100m race though...

I might give you a chance to win some of your Ultra money back next year:p

I'm confident of victory in that ultra bet! Btw our 10 euro donore 5k bet on me going sub 18 is only valid if i run the race. I decided the rules just there :p

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Is there anything you guys won't bet on? :pac:

Is there anything you guys won't bet on? :pac:

Yes, I never bet on anything I can't win. Hence I am not letting brian in on this one :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Yes, I never bet on anything I can't win. Hence I am not letting brian in on this one :p

Dunno, pretty shocking performance from him on Sunday. Disgraceful form he's in you're in with a shot. Could probably beat him if you gave him a head start after that crap from Sunday.

I'm confident of victory in that ultra bet! Btw our 10 euro donore 5k bet on me going sub 18 is only valid if i run the race. I decided the rules just there :p

No run then you ship me the loots those were the conditions, i have RQ as a witness.

And RK myself, Meno and Briano are degenerates.

Oh thanks for hosting tonights discussion Meno :)

Dunno, pretty shocking performance from him on Sunday. Disgraceful form he's in you're in with a shot. Could probably beat him if you gave him a head start after that crap from Sunday.

Myabe so, but I doubt he has lost his 200m speed.

• Advertisement

Pot kettle black. I had to stop the officials from taking down the finish line while we were waiting for you to finish on Sunday.

You asked for it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement