Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

About to sign an agreement with a registered migration agent

• 12-12-2014 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I am about to sign an agreement with a registered migration agent, attached are the outlined terms and conditions. Based on the attached is there anything I should make sure of before I sign this agreement?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Galwaygirl1982

Hi
    I am a registered migration agent . The agreement your agent gave you is standard . They use the same migration software as I do and this is a standard contract the software providers use . By law the agent has to give you a contract . All the terms and conditions really protect the agent in case anything goes wrong . If there are any risk they can see they should tell you in advance . The payment terms are fair . You pay for each stage . If you decide not to proceed during the process the agent can still bill you for the stage they have prepared etc. They are not out to get you but they have to protect their business as they get all sorts of clients, clients who love tell fibs, compulsive liars who are never satisfied ,clients who love to complain , clients who are sour if things don't go according to plan etc.

Hope this helps !!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Galwaygirl1982

The professional fee - does it include GST ? Contract does not specify

Skills Assessment - I assume it's a professional assessment . I believe the fees are going up slightly in January .

Department Fee- there is also a credit card surcharge which is 1.08% of the fee specified . This is mandatory

Other fees- police check
    Medical
    Retrieving copies if transcripts from uni- if you lost them

Advertisement