Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aggressive bee chased me?

• 21-05-2010 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I was doing a spot of gardening about 3 weeks ago and I heard the sound of a bee.
    I looked over to see my first bee of the year and saw a black bee with shiny velvet coat and single tan stripe over his forehead. As I approached to investigate further, and standing about 2-3 meters he flew up and came at me aggressively buzzing and chased me indoors.
    I have been noticing a lot of these bees in my area since.
    Are they native to Ireland and what’s the story with them?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Looked like the Field Cuckoo Bumblebee but pure black except for the stripey forehead.
    It really meant business though.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Louis Limited Stampede

I wouldn't take it personally! :D:D

Well you know, I always let bees get on with their business, but this one just came at me.
    As for wasps, I attack first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

its your aftershave

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭ Alfredo Chubby Skirt

You should apply for one of those anti social beehaviour orders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Louis Limited Stampede

As for wasps, I attack first.
    Oh good Lord! You're not one of those people are you? Leave the Wasps alone. They are not flying around seeking out people to sting. Certainly brush them away if near food or kids, but live and let live. They are not aggressive if left alone.
    getz wrote: »
    its your aftershave
    Or he was on muck speader duty again! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Oh good Lord! You're not one of those people are you? Leave the Wasps alone. They are not flying around seeking out people to sting. Certainly brush them away if near food or kids, but live and let live. They are not aggressive if left alone.

Or he was on muck speader duty again! :D
    he is using the girly-girly toilet type ,when he should be using brut or all spice

I thought this was nature and bird watching not pull the p**s out of Lando Griffin.
    The last thing I need is an aggressive bee with a crush on me cos I wasn’t wearing my Euro5.99 aftershave that day.
    As for the wasps, I had an incident with a wasps nest when I was four years of age that I will not talk any further about, but let’s say I look where I sit in autumn.
    No I wasn’t spreading muck that day either, good weather for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I thought this was nature and bird watching not pull the p**s out of Lando Griffin.
    The last thing I need is an aggressive bee with a crush on me cos I wasn’t wearing my Euro5.99 aftershave that day.
    As for the wasps, I had an incident with a wasps nest when I was four years of age that I will not talk any further about, but let’s say I look where I sit in autumn.
    No I wasn’t spreading muck that day either, good weather for it though.

Seriously dude, dont be killing the wasps, there not crazy killers like you might have been told, they have it hard enough without people killing them for no reason.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭ocokev

Ha ha ha.

Advertisement