Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild Wood

• 14-05-2010 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

Just wondering if anyone saw the programme on RTE 2 last night at 8 oclock, called Wild Wood? Must say I really enjoyed it, best nature doc ive seen in ages!

Long story short, it was about a woman who lives near a wood and she documents the coming and goings for a full year. Hope its on RTE player for anyone who missed it. And yes, i did shed a little tear at one part :o but I wont ruin it for yous. Must say, what i would give to leave near a site like this. Its was only 5 acres but an unbelievable amount of wildlife was crammed into it.

There was also another good programme before this, Mouse, A Secret Life, was also very good.

Let me know what you's think :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Didn't see it. damn. watched most of the mouse thing. Is it continued, or was it a once off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

Seemed to be a one off. I e-mailed RTE to see if they would load it onto Player, but they said they dont have the internet rights for it :(

going to try hunt it down and if i do, ill post a link.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

Im no good at this computer stuff, so here's the details:

The Wild Wood by Philippa Forrester

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Shelby Gifted Chef

This was a BBC Natural World programme from 2004 about Philippa Forrester. I'm sure a Google of the key words will lead to a DVD for sale somewhere in BBC as they are brilliant at making this kind of thing available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bluelilly

Watched it, loved it, even cried when i saw da blue tit babies ( i know dat sounds a bit naff, but i love all da nature stuff!! can't believe dat wz al in one place!) i really wanted to no who sang dat song for autumn (monks?:confused:) would luv to download it!

I always tot dat if i won da lotto :cool:i wud buy sum land ( not dat thers much left with all da ghost estates and all haha) and start me own native irish forest! well i can dream!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there's a new series produced by philippa forester which started last night, about the river she lives beside, filmed by her wildlife cameraman husband. excellent stuff, especially the battle he has in trying to get their kids interested.

it's a four parter, so three more to go.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00shp24

Advertisement