Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrights Teen Disco Booking on Facebook

• 10-10-2014 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1 Roundrobin

Hi
    My son has told me that we 'need' to book his ticket for Wrights Teen disco through Facebook. When I went on to do it, I was asked to give access to my profile, friends list, my email address, birthdate, status updates etc. now I have no intention of sharing this info in order for a 14 year old to go to a disco, so my son says he'll do it through HIS Facebook account !!! That's how his friends have gotten their tix. So that got me thinking - why are Wrights gathering and storing all of this information on minors? Where is it being stored and who will have access to it and who is it being sold to? And WHY is all of this necessary to purchase a ticket for a disco???
    Is this legal to gather data on minors? And does anyone else have a problem with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I suppose it's an easy way for them to find out where people are from, there age, sex, what there interest are according to there statuses, do they comment before/after the disco about how it was.
    I know with lots of games/apps on Facebook they often ask for access to your birth date/friend list/location.
    It wouldn't bother me in the slightest as long as they didn't send me loads of e-mails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

im sure if you phone them up they will sell you a ticket. its just a marketing ploy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Alia Wooden Trance

If you're worried contact the data Protection commissioner for advice.

Advertisement