Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco Mobile

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Oceans12 wrote: »
    i am on o2 and cannot register on o2.ie, aparrently some o2 customers are having this issue too, is there a common thread here?

Post on the O2 forum here.

48 user(s) are claiming that their network is now getting displayed as "Tesco Mobile" !! Crossed Tesco/48 wires?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Oceans12

Fungus wrote: »
    Post on the O2 forum here.

already have, could possibly be related to the other issues , as the same company behind all the networks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Fungus wrote: »
    48 user(s) are claiming that their network is now getting displayed as "Tesco Mobile" !! Crossed Tesco/48 wires?

That is a 48 issue with the providers and does not mean they are on the Tesco Mobile network. Can we please keep this thread for Tesco Mobile issues. 48 and O2 issues are nothing to do with Tesco Mobile

Regards
    Paul

Oceans12 wrote: »
    already have, could possibly be related to the other issues , as the same company behind all the networks.

It is nothing to do with the same issues, nO O2 Ireland services in that data centre

Regards
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Two questions for Paul @ Tesco please - I'm currently signed up on a SIM-only price plan.

Firstly, when I check my account online to view usage as below, I see individual calls / text / data are being charged as per usage (under amount). Surely this should be based on the allowance from my plan and not "charged" per sé?

Service |Date and time |Called number |Destination |Volume |Amount |Discounted amount
    Text Message sent |17-Mar-2012 09:03:12 |353XXXXXXX |National calls to mobile network |1 per MSG |EUR0.10 |EUR0.00 |
    Text Message sent |17-Mar-2012 09:11:05 |353XXXXXXX |National calls to mobile network |1 per MSG |EUR0.10 |EUR0.00
    GPRS Basic Service |17-Mar-2012 09:16:11 |tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com |National calls to mobile network |2,153,453 Bytes |EUR1.62 |EUR0.00
    Voice Calls |17-Mar-2012 19:02:41 |353XXXXXXX |National calls to mobile network |618 Seconds |EUR2.06 |EUR0.00
    Voice Calls |17-Mar-2012 20:19:02 |353XXXXXXX |National calls to mobile network |15 Seconds |EUR0.20 |EUR0.00

Secondly, is there any way of querying remaining call minutes / text / data from my handset in the same way that prepaid customers can check their
    outstanding balance?

Thanks !

shamwari wrote: »
    Two questions for Paul @ Tesco please - I'm currently signed up on a SIM-only price plan.

Firstly, when I check my account online to view usage as below, I see individual calls / text / data are being charged as per usage (under amount). Surely this should be based on the allowance from my plan and not "charged" per sé?

Service |Date and time |Called number |Destination |Volume |Amount |Discounted amount
    Text Message sent |17-Mar-2012 09:03:12 |353XXXXXXX |National calls to mobile network |1 per MSG |EUR0.10 |EUR0.00 |
    Text Message sent |17-Mar-2012 09:11:05 |353XXXXXXX |National calls to mobile network |1 per MSG |EUR0.10 |EUR0.00
    GPRS Basic Service |17-Mar-2012 09:16:11 |tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com |National calls to mobile network |2,153,453 Bytes |EUR1.62 |EUR0.00
    Voice Calls |17-Mar-2012 19:02:41 |353XXXXXXX |National calls to mobile network |618 Seconds |EUR2.06 |EUR0.00
    Voice Calls |17-Mar-2012 20:19:02 |353XXXXXXX |National calls to mobile network |15 Seconds |EUR0.20 |EUR0.00

Secondly, is there any way of querying remaining call minutes / text / data from my handset in the same way that prepaid customers can check their
    outstanding balance?

Thanks !

Hi Shamwari,

Discounted amount is the amount charged. Amount is notional and if in bundle discounted amoutn will be 0.

On your other question, Text BALANCE to 1744 for your remaining units and SPEND to 1744 to check spend outside rental.

regards
    Paul

That's perfect Paul, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Hi Paul,

the wife and myself are having a few problems after moving over to Tesco Mobile.

I will PM you the problems.

Thanks,

Branners

• Registered Users Posts: 1 graciieee

Hey Paul :)
    I topped up by 10 a few days ago but my free calls isn't working. It didn't work before too but only for about a day. It's not working again now and I lost all my credit. Am I doing something wrong? Help please >.< Thank you. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'm trying to reset my password on the tesco website, it's supposed to send the password by text but it isn't working, I've tried this 4 times over the last week and nothing is happening.

graciieee wrote: »
    Hey Paul :)
    I topped up by 10 a few days ago but my free calls isn't working. It didn't work before too but only for about a day. It's not working again now and I lost all my credit. Am I doing something wrong? Help please >.< Thank you. :)

Replied by PM

ShaneU wrote: »
    I'm trying to reset my password on the tesco website, it's supposed to send the password by text but it isn't working, I've tried this 4 times over the last week and nothing is happening.

Please PM me your number and I will check your account

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭SMI

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the ongoing updates during the outage, much appreciated.
    Now that the dust has settled and normal service has resumed, I was disappointed that Tesco Mobile did not send out an SMS or email to customers explaining the problems and, most importantly, apologizing for it.
    For me, it signals that the company is not valuing the customer as much as it should.
    While I was able to stay up to date using this thread and appreciated the feedback and apologies you have offered us, I assume the Tesco mobile customers that use Boards.ie are in an overall minority.
    My sister was in the dark on the matter, I had to keep her updated and I know that she, and no doubt many others, would welcome some sort of official correspondance.

Also are you aware of any plans to offer customers affected by the outage some form of concession as a token of good will?

Thanks

SMI wrote: »
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for the ongoing updates during the outage, much appreciated.
    Now that the dust has settled and normal service has resumed, I was disappointed that Tesco Mobile did not send out an SMS or email to customers explaining the problems and, most importantly, apologizing for it.
    For me, it signals that the company is not valuing the customer as much as it should.
    While I was able to stay up to date using this thread and appreciated the feedback and apologies you have offered us, I assume the Tesco mobile customers that use Boards.ie are in an overall minority.
    My sister was in the dark on the matter, I had to keep her updated and I know that she, and no doubt many others, would welcome some sort of official correspondance.

Also are you aware of any plans to offer customers affected by the outage some form of concession as a token of good will?

Thanks

Thanks for your feedback. I will pass on to the team here.

Comms were issued through multple channels not just boards.ie (Our website being the primary channel). Customer care have been dealing with customer queries related to the outage in detail since Saturday.

SMI wrote: »

One can compare and contrast ,the goodwill gestures, offered by the 3 main effected mobile operators, to their respective customers, post outage.

48 goodwill gesture: 7 days of free unlimited any network calls and free any network unlimited texts.

GiffGaff goodwill gesture: A donation of 10,000 GBP to Macmillan Cancer Support.

Tesco Mobile Ireland: ??? TBC ???

Meanwhile, Mobile magazine says that there will be "substantial investments in infrastructure" after the water leak. Maybe this will be the last time that the data center fails for these operators.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Anyone else having problems with data?

My Galaxy S2 works great when the connection displays "H+", at a very respectful speed of 1m/bits but sometimes the connection tries to use 3G and that *never* works. I can't seem to force Android to only use H+ whatever that is.

edit: looks like this could possible be a galaxy s2 firmware issue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

branners69 wrote: »
    Hi Paul,

the wife and myself are having a few problems after moving over to Tesco Mobile.

I will PM you the problems.

Thanks,

Branners

Fair play Paul you got my problems sorted within 24 hours!!

Many many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Cyril706

I am having problem again, I lost my wap connection and cann't make a call. it says my balance is too lost. but i am almost sure it's not the case. I tried to login on line, but is seem that there is another problem

anyone has the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Sorry, missed this last night.

1. Our preferred partner is O2 UK. But if you go into our SIM Menu there is an option to switch to "Belgacom IMSI" which will allow you to access other operators through our roaming partner. This normally happens by default without you having to do anything but in the UK O2 UK is embedded in the SIM as preferred partner.

Hi Paul,

I only had a chance to try this again yesterday when I was back in Northern Ireland. I selected Belgacom IMSI and tried to roam on another network. For the four UK networks available, I get 'No Access' using Belgacom - I actually can't roam on any UK network using it!

It's not that big a deal since at least I can roam on O2 UK via the Tesco IMSI but there are some areas where O2 UK reception is not great, which is why I was looking for the option to select another network, like I could formerly when I was with O2.

Btw - on a totally different note, is there a known issue with logging into Tesco Mobile's website? I get to 'Home Selfcare Starter' when I try to log in using my user ID.

• Advertisement

byrnefm wrote: »
    Hi Paul,

I only had a chance to try this again yesterday when I was back in Northern Ireland. I selected Belgacom IMSI and tried to roam on another network. For the four UK networks available, I get 'No Access' using Belgacom - I actually can't roam on any UK network using it!

It's not that big a deal since at least I can roam on O2 UK via the Tesco IMSI but there are some areas where O2 UK reception is not great, which is why I was looking for the option to select another network, like I could formerly when I was with O2.

Btw - on a totally different note, is there a known issue with logging into Tesco Mobile's website? I get to 'Home Selfcare Starter' when I try to log in using my user ID.

Hi there,

Yes we were re-checking this ourselves recently after yours and other queries. it seems we are locked down to O2 UK even when on Belgacom IMSI. This is currently a UK specific anomoly. We are looking to have this addressed shortly so that when on Belgacom you can pick up other operators.

The website should be operting OK now, apologies for the convenience.

regards
    Paul

Hi Paul, could you please post TM wap setting here, i have been trying to get it from tesco site for many time but failed. So i have to set it myself

Cyril706 wrote: »
    Hi Paul, could you please post TM wap setting here, i have been trying to get it from tesco site for many time but failed. So i have to set it myself

No problem Cyril, for Wap/internet you just need the APN and it is tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com

MMS has other settings like below

MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19
    MMS Port: 8080

regards
    Paul

No problem Cyril, for Wap/internet you just need the APN and it is tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com

MMS has other settings like below

MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19
    MMS Port: 8080

regards
    Paul

Thanks a lot

Hi there,
    The website should be operting OK now, apologies for the convenience.
    Thanks again, Paul, for your fast replies!

One final question for the moment... how long does it take for the Tesco Mobile website to update your usage details? Mine has not updated since March 17 and my wife's hasn't updated since the 18th.

I can PM you our numbers if you need them to check up details.

Cheers!

I've been having some unusual reception problems this afternoon. My phone went to "limited service" despite having full signal. Cycling the power to the phone resulted in the same results, then the phone flashed "SIM refreshing" and then connected to Tesco. It dropped to limited service once before going back to Tesco again.

Anyone else experiencing same or similar odd-ball issues?

As an aside to the above, the Internet and MMS providers on my phone changed from Tesco to Proximus (Belgium).... and wasn't working. Another reboot of the phone restored both to Tesco MMS. This is weird. :confused:

byrnefm wrote: »
    Thanks again, Paul, for your fast replies!

One final question for the moment... how long does it take for the Tesco Mobile website to update your usage details? Mine has not updated since March 17 and my wife's hasn't updated since the 18th.

I can PM you our numbers if you need them to check up details.

Cheers!

There is a limited set of results returned. Change the date filter and you should get more recent records.

Regards
    Paul

shamwari wrote: »
    As an aside to the above, the Internet and MMS providers on my phone changed from Tesco to Proximus (Belgium).... and wasn't working. Another reboot of the phone restored both to Tesco MMS. This is weird. :confused:

The SIM somehow thought you were roaming and switched to our roaming partner values. This should not happen when in Ireland. Once it rights itself you should be fine.

Regards
    Paul

• Advertisement

There is a limited set of results returned. Change the date filter and you should get more recent records.

Regards
    Paul

I tried it again just now - the date filter is from Feb 24 - Mar 24 but I am still not getting any results for my phone usage since March 17. Same as for my wife's phone usage (we both used our phones today) - the last date listed is March 18. For the filtering, Service is set to All and Destination set to all.

I think I worked out what it is though... On the top of the page, there is a note stating "The maximum number of visible records is limited to 100.". However, the max number it is displaying for us is 50.

Would it be possible to get this limit raised to showing (say) the last month of usage, irrespective of how many records returned? 50 is quite a low limit.

Btw - while roaming in Northern Ireland, are incoming calls charged or are they free? I wasn't sure.

Advertisement