Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Renting in Leitrim

Options
  • 04-10-2009 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

What would the areas/estates called Maigh Glass and Lis Cara like to live in? The rent there seems a little cheaper than elsewhere, personally i would prefer to take a house for the same price as a smelly appartment in town when they are going for much less money! It makes me wonder if they are 'bad' (how bad can any area in carrick be) areas to live or something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

Lis Cara doesn't have the greatest reputation in town, from what I've heard - so that probably explains the lower rents.
    Don't know anything about Maigh Glas so can't help you there!
    From I know, Inver Geal - beside Supervalue - is meant to be a nice development to live in - as is the Plaza and Shannon Court apartments behind the Bush Hotel.
    If you want to live outside Carrick, Leitrim Village and Dromad are both meaat to have good rental properties too.
    Best bet would be to pop into an agent in town and get them to show you a few places.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Blonde27

Lis Cara is not a nice estate, you should look out for rentals in Shannon Grove (Hartley) or Shannon Gael (Cortober). There are loads of houses available there Id say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Lis Cara has become a serious ghetto. In fact it's remarkable that a town like Carrick has such an estate. Avoid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

becah wrote: »
    From I know, Inver Geal - beside Supervalue - is meant to be a nice development to live in .

Yeah, like a lot of Carrick, its like Venice at the moment. It should never have been built on that flood plain. I pity the poor people flooded there. The buildings will never be the same again. Best bet : head for the hills. Marymount is the Beverly Hills of Carrick now, its the best location just beside Carrick, its on the hill and the people there do not need wellies in their properties.

Advertisement