Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leinster's worst SH import

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

glasnost22 wrote: »
    Cameron Jowitt was a very questionable character. He had way too much hair.

Remembered for a glorious game against Toulouse but played like a backpacker for the rest of it. Got a Super 14 contract when he went south, didn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

He was very solid for about his first 18 months. He kept some good players out of the side. For a bloke of his size, he was very agile with good hands. I reckon his presence was a factor in Miller quitting before time.

Got a gig with the Waratahs but was cut before this season I think.

Buer wrote: »
    He was very solid for about his first 18 months. He kept some good players out of the side. For a bloke of his size, he was very agile with good hands. I reckon his presence was a factor in Miller quitting before time.

Got a gig with the Waratahs but was cut before this season I think.

Nah. Miller was bedevilled with injuries and just couldn't stay fit. Saw him after he finished playing rugby and couldn't get over how massive he was. Too big really and it probably contributed to the injury problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

Wow just reading Eric Millers wikipedia page. He played intercounty football for Dublin after retiring! All 17 stone of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Thomas D wrote: »
    Wow just reading Eric Millers wikipedia page. He played intercounty football for Dublin after retiring! All 17 stone of him.

That doesn't seem right. I know he played for one of the senior clubs but I'm almost sure he didn't make the inter-county team.

I remember playing against Wesley in school and them having a freak of nature at 10 that day. Singlehandedly dragged them to victory. He could do everything - kick, carry, tackle, barge through opposition. Unstoppable.
    It was Millet.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

Ah, development squad. Classic wikipedia.

http://www.hoganstand.com/Dublin/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=69898

Thomas D wrote: »

No. Never played championship football for Dublin. Was a stalwart for Ballyboden St Endas though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭Zico

This thread is the reason I never visit here.

Advertisement