Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANTED, American 8' pool table

• 30-08-2014 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi,
    looking for a used 8' american table in good condition, and playing well. for a games room purchase.
    Must have slate bed.

Munster area preferred !, but willing to look further afield.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

thinking of buying one of these also .. not sure of the best makes though ?

supreme winner and imperial are supposed to be good I've heard ..

theres a post below regarding Lyric.ie thats not too good .. what do you think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭finnan1

Supreme Winners are probably the best uk 8 ball table out there, but thats it, they are a uk 8 ball table, not an american pool table.

The uk game is great, but limiting after a while with its small cue ball, play area etc...

Probably why the better cue men , applpeton, selby, potts, etc...move up to 9 ball, snooker , chinese 8 ball, etc..and financially more rewarding i should think

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jynx NO 10

ger dunphy snooker and pool in dublin usually have a couple of american second hand in stock.think his website is wwwsnookerpool.ie

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Just wondering if you have checked the sister site to here at Adverts.ie. Definitely worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

finnan1 wrote: »
    Hi,
    looking for a used 8' american table in good condition, and playing well. for a games room purchase.
    Must have slate bed.

Munster area preferred !, but willing to look further afield.

cheers

Looking for 8' American table myself

Any luck on your Hunt?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 Marion Morrison

They used to be a big craze in the celtic tiger, even if you didn't really play pool, no massive mortgage was complete without one and an extra room to put it in, there should be a load of second hand ones about done deal etc.

They used to be a big craze in the celtic tiger, even if you didn't really play pool, no massive mortgage was complete without one and an extra room to put it in, there should be a load of second hand ones about done deal etc.

looking at really bad overpriced poorly maintained tables there for weeks looking for some advice from someone that plays re. what options available

Do you play at home/club?

what table do you prefer?

Looking for 8' American table myself

Any luck on your Hunt?

Yes,
    purchased a used table some weeks ago from Ger Dunphy snooker & pool.
    Good service, i would recommend Ger to anyone.

The game itself takes a little different technique etc, i havent had the time yet to put in some real practice, but the game is fun.
    i just wanted something different to the uk game for a change.

regards

finnan1 wrote: »
    Yes,
    purchased a used table some weeks ago from Ger Dunphy snooker & pool.
    Good service, i would recommend Ger to anyone.

The game itself takes a little different technique etc, i havent had the time yet to put in some real practice, but the game is fun.
    i just wanted something different to the uk game for a change.

regards

Thanks for info

Could you give me an idea how much a used 8" American costs?

Cheers

• Advertisement

You should be able to get a good used table for around the same as a new uk 7x4 table

rgds

Advertisement