Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

disability claim

• 22-05-2012 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

hi all im new to this ,just got letter sayin my illness benifit would be cut off in august just wondering how do i apply for disability and what are chances of recievin it. i snapped achilles tendon in 2010 and had repair done in june and again in oct its still nor right ihave ortothics and plastic boot to try correct my doctor now wants to send me back again to get it looked at as im in pain walkin and standin for any length,so now i am waitin for orthopedic surgeon to check it out . am i wasting my time even applying here

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

From my own experience i would suggest that you should apply for DA now if you believe you ll still be unfit for work in August.

In my situation i applied before my Illness Ben. expired and applied to my CWO for supplementary welfare while my application was being assessed .

As for how long you ll be waiting ? i was waiting 8months and got approved without any real issues but others here can tell you far worse waiting times and horror stories from trying to get awarded DA.

My advise, apply now and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kilkennyfeline

thank you for ur reply,hopefully it goes well .just downloaded form now .thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I applied for disability a year ago, and I'm still waiting to have it resolved. I have a genuine case, and they have refused me 2 or 3 times. I had to write in a letter a few months back, and I'm still waiting to hear back about it.

If you apply now, chances are it will NOT be cleared by August. Do sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kilkennyfeline

to be honest i have heard some horrible stories,people left waiting for months ,got form today and filled it out doesnt seem much information about illness just how much money you have and not much about your illness . if u are refused can you reapply to have decision looked at? thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement