Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lack of sympathy over killing of Roma girl.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Nodin wrote: »
    ...and whats that supposed to mean, in english this time....?

same old riposte to whats not to understand.. you should read between the lies. are you a member of the gay community I once offended?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭yammycat

...and whats that supposed to mean, in english this time....?

it means she got in the car so all after that is fair game, not my opinion but his meaning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

LH Pathe wrote: »
    same old riposte to whats not to understand.. you should read between the lies. are you a member of the gay community I once offended?

You stated
    A lack of sympathy?! .. might be borne out of the possibility she was willing to go there. i'm not gonna practice the last saving grace of the desperate by claiming "i hate perverts" .. But I do; you know?! and even if there's a bit of one in all of us dubbed sexual urges this was completely bottom rung. And should be re-enacted in love/hate to drive home the grimey reality -she certainly has my sympathy, and international embarrassment past the point it went particularly awry n she stopped enjoying her evening

...what, exactly, are you trying to say, in plain english, please.

That I'm disturbed as anyone by the lack of sympathy conveyed but trying to understand why. Personally I respect women in such a way, on such a level that even any sort of advancement is encroaching.

That I'm disturbed as anyone by the lack of sympathy conveyed but trying to understand why........

ty.

• Advertisement

ty.

in english please?!

I conveyed myself perfectly the first time, might wanna go back n check. didn't require an explanation

Why would the public mourn or be deeply moved by the death of someone who spends their life as a leech on society.

yea a leech, they cost us the coppers out of our pockets, not the quarter of a trillion debt we are currently crippled with because of your productive members of society fatcat bankers and friends, seriously i'd happily take another few hunded thousand roma into our country if we could wipe out the destruction your productive friends cost us.

You've got to be deeply moved and embarrassed that an Irishman could do this sick shìt, for starters.

You've got to be deeply moved and embarrassed that an Irishman could do this sick shìt, for starters.

people have been raping and killing since the dawn of time, nothing to do with nationality

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

A lack of sympathy?! .. might be borne out of the possibility she was willing to go there. i'm not gonna practice the last saving grace of the desperate by claiming "i hate perverts" .. But I do; you know?! and even if there's a bit of one in all of us dubbed sexual urges this was completely bottom rung. And should be re-enacted in love/hate to drive home the grimey reality -she certainly has my sympathy, and international embarrassment past the point it went particularly awry n she stopped enjoying her evening

She has your international embarrassment? Strange sentiment!

The bit in bold made me want to vomit. Your idea of perverts is also strange and the fact that you think people that sell their bodies actually enjoy it. I would think that the majority do it on a needs must basis and not on an I enjoy my job basis. :rolleyes: Do you really think there was a point where she was enjoying it?

That I'm disturbed as anyone by the lack of sympathy conveyed but trying to understand why. Personally I respect women in such a way, on such a level that even any sort of advancement is encroaching.

I have a picture of you in my mind as a Victorian grandfather - respectable on the surface but with his hand up the tweeny maid's skirt when the chance is there. What on earth do you mean by "any sort of advancement is encroaching"? :confused:

• Advertisement

yammycat wrote: »
    people have been raping and killing since the dawn of time, nothing to do with nationality

You make it sound like it has nothing to do with etiquette and that we should not necaserrily moved out of the 'dark ages'

another reason i feel it has everything to do with nationality, is that if it had not happened here I'd likely not have heard about it! Also for me it's a new low, for us. A particularly grimey all nighter I'd say was rare here, even back then..

ok that's my lot here.

You make it sound like it has nothing to do with etiquette more than nationality and that we should not necaserrily moved out of the 'dark ages'

another reason i feel it has everything to do with nationality,is that if it had not happened here I'd likely not have heard about it! Also for me it's a new low, for us. A particularly grimey all nighter I'd say was rare here, even back then

are you smoking crack right now ? because it sure sounds like you are

also nice to equate rape and murder to a grimy all nighter, pretty much sums you up

- particularly grimey allnighter. as an understatement.. why do I feel as if I'm bein stitched up :/

- particularly grimey allnighter. as an understatement.. why do I feel as if I'm bein stitched up :/

well dont compare rape and murder to a few lads on the beer and you won't get stitched up, those comments were disgraceful.

yammycat wrote: »
    well dont compare rape and murder to a few lads on the beer and you won't get stitched up, those comments were disgraceful.

Comparing what to what?! .. and for what; who's what?! who's being disgusting. I've a good mind to hit the revolt button and run for the disgust room

Comparing what to what?! .. and for what; who's what?! who's being disgusting. I've a good mind to hit the revolt button and run for the disgust room

you are being disgusting, most of your comments have been disgusting and offensive in the extreme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Where are the outpourings of disgust that such a level of depravity could be committed here?
    I didn't know I was supposed to be doing this. Do I email him or something?
    I have a list a mile long here.

Another great unsaid here might be "Maybe it's lowlifes like her that expose lowlifes like him".

Obvious who the lower the life is.. but if not presented with such an opportunity or service where he may have felt the only point he might have felt he was crossing the threshold, if at all was faaar beyond what I would have considered.. who here in AH still thinks coke n hookers is a good idea. Potential monsters, all of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Another great unsaid here might be "Maybe it's lowlifes like her that expose lowlifes like him".

What a charmer you are! :rolleyes:

She was child raised in a family and culture with with huge disadvantages and no means of escape and superior you feels that you can refer to her as a lowlife.

In your own jumbled words, "Obvious who the lower the life is.."

What a charmer you are! :rolleyes:

She was child raised in a family and culture with with huge disadvantages and no means of escape and superior you feels that you can refer to her as a lowlife.

In your own jumbled words, "Obvious who the lower the life is.."

there's no charming anyone on such a topic you softly fool. only divulging of possible avenues.. Prostitution is lowlifery to me; nevermind begging if you're merely up for annoying me off the back of someone else's coat tails, then go to bed already

• Advertisement

my sympathies are very much with the girl.. however disgust is the overriding emotion. The notion an irishman might be harbouring such and saw fit in a girl like that.. If approached for money tend to say to em yer better than that, but he didn't seem to think so. far from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I used to work for a charity that dealt with a large percentage of the Roma community in Dublin,and I remember talking to the detectives when Marioara first went missing,and then again when they found out the sickening details of what happenned to her.

The general apathy that this most vile case has been met with is just another sign of the decline of society in this country,and of the increasing emergence of selfish,small minded racism.If this had been an 18 year old Irish female or a female from a socially acceptable background it would've been front page news and there would've been public outrage,but because it was ''only a begging Roma girl sure'' nobody gives two shíts,which is quite a disgusting attitude to have when referring to another human being,regardless of their ethnicity.

So if it was an Irish begger that lived on the streets there would be outrage? Not a hope so I I'm calling bullsh1t on the racism part.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

All comments very interesting. But at the end of day I really could not give a damn about a dead Roma prostitute / beggar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I don't think it is a question of racism, it is a question of inclusiveness, they are not part of the Irish community and that is the way they want it. I give an example, would we feel outrage over a murder, of say, a French girl in France, no we would sympathise, but we would not feel outrage we would be largely apathetic. I think the same applies to this Roma girl, we sympathise, but that is all, we don't feel she is part of our community.

That is nothing to be ashamed of, that is human nature.

Obvious who the lower the life is.. but if not presented with such an opportunity or service where he may have felt the only point he might have felt he was crossing the threshold, if at all was faaar beyond what I would have considered.. who here in AH still thinks coke n hookers is a good idea. Potential monsters, all of you!

More pseudo intellectual blather, hidden beneath half arsed cryptic gibberish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭tigger123

humberklog wrote: »
    But it's only the GRA's PJ Stone saying that in the GRA's own publication. That doesn't make it fact. What is fact is that the Gardai didn't care and he's trying to mirror that onto general Irish society.

This bonzo's deflection is sickening.

What makes you say the Gardaí didn't care? About her or the investigation? I can't see the connection you're making.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

I'm not saying it's "right" - but it's certainly understandable.

People seem to naturally identify with other people they share things in common with. If someone in my building (in Dublin) is murdered, it would upset me more than if someone in Cork is murdered.

If I were someone living on the streets, I would care more about the murder of someone else who lives on the streets than if I had a house.

If I were part of the Roma community, I would feel more when I heard of someone else in the Roma community being murdered.

Maybe that's bad. But it's certainly a common human trait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Paparazzo wrote: »
    So if it was an Irish begger that lived on the streets there would be outrage? Not a hope so I I'm calling bullsh1t on the racism part.

There was an outrage over an Irish beggar's rabbit ffs...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,429 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

humberklog wrote: »
    But it's only the GRA's PJ Stone saying that in the GRA's own publication. That doesn't make it fact. What is fact is that the Gardai didn't care and he's trying to mirror that onto general Irish society.

This bonzo's deflection is sickening.

How in fairness can you say that "the Garda didn't care" ?
    I heard several appeals from them for help with the case over the years.
    That's a very strange statement and you should retract it.
    If we were to believe that then there is no hope for society at all. In my area we had a young girl who disappeared about 15 years ago without trace and there are regular appeals from the Garda still, updated photos, shop window appeals etc. Even the Garda who was involved in the case at the time though retired now is still calling to her family home helping in any way he can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I dunno. I'm still stuck on the question of what we can do about it. Public outrage won't bring her back. Sociopaths, by definition, don't care what we think, so they will not heed any public demonstrations. There is no lesson to be learned here, no sense that we can make a difference and prevent future murders, not without straying in to some legally and morally dodgy territory ourselves.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement