Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Galaxy S3 & Netflix (alt to app?)

• 21-08-2012 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

just hoping someone here can give me some pointers.

I have an issue with the netflix app on my S3. The error is that it won't connect.
    > I have deleted and re-installed netflix but cannot resolve the problem.

I have been advised to log in via a browser.
    However while I can log into Netflix with the issue around Silverlight I cannot play any of the shows.

Has anyone any suggestions of browsers or steps I can use to be able to play netflix again?

Browsers attempted:
    1. Internet vers 4.0.1
    2. Chrome vers 18.0.1025123

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Netflix app works fine for me (had to look up my password to check), what error message are you getting and have you searched around for work arounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Just getting that it cannot connect. Either it times out on the login red screen or I get a white screen.

Have rebooted, cleared cache, and re-installed.
    Support have suggested using a browser but I cannot get the browser to work on the android hence the query here.

Hrrm

Just reading around, do you have the problem on both wifi and 3g?

Hmm...

Can't use it on 3G.
    Just Wifi...

Using it on 3G is not an option for me Baz - can only use it on Wifi.

I really can't say more on why I can't though...

• Advertisement

I had this problem on my wii before, but I didn't remember why until just now.

When this problem occurred for me it was when I was experimenting with my DNS settings in order to access the content ROM the us version of Netflix. Have you by any chance changed your router settings in order to avail of stateside only services? ( Pandora, Netflix, hulu etc.) If so change them back and see how you get on...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

how you find using the dns settings for netflx. i use unblock us ,find it very good,once i have the dns settings set, i log into the unlock us site assign the ip and it works everytime.

What are you using and how you like it?

Back on topic is the phone rooted and if so what rom is on it?

Um don't want to go into specifics of what I am doing or any service I might be using - risk breaching site rules doing that here...

In terms of my current setup.
    Phone - not rooted, not going to do this either, one bad experience bricking a device years ago has made me wary of doing this with new devices.
    Modifying my home network - have not made any changes to my home network.
    Modifying my phones WiFi advanced settings - yes I have played here, putting in static IP and changing DNS settings. Updating these does make a difference to overall performance.

Have found that the app is now working again but I am concerned that there is something else happening that may make it un-usable again.
    So to my question is there any other way of accessing netflix without using the app and without rooting the phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Let't try different aproach then

Have you tried clearing the app data/ cache under Settings> Application Manager> Netflix and reloading the app to see if that fixes things?

Cheers Jarren - yes I have - sorry should have been more explicit in my original post.

Have.
    1. Cleared data / cache etc
    2. Have deleted the app
    3. Have re-installed the app
    4. Have adjusted wifi settings

At this moment the app is now working again but between my last attempt to use it and this I had done nothing except to charge the phone.

If there is no other way to access Netflix without rooting the phone that is OK, I will use one of my other devices - I was just hoping that there was some workaround to getting in without having to rely on the app.

Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement