Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pregnancy Books

• 28-07-2008 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Anyone know any good 1st time Pregnancy Books??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

What to expect when youre expecting - it goes through all the weeks and what....er....to expect!

I have a copy that I dont need anymore if youre in Dublin I can give it to you if you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Moved from tLL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭shell42970

I would HIGHLY recommend "Your Baby and Child", by Penelope Leach.
    I received this book as a gift when I was expecting my firstborn 18 years ago, and ran out and bought a revised and updated copy when I became pregnant with my second early this year.
    It's a fabulous resource on parenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I loved the "yummy mummy's survival guide"

It very funny as she talks exactly of her own experiences of pregnancy, birth and up to a year after even all the embarassing little problems that go with the same.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I got the following -

The Rough Guide to Pregnancy and Birth - Kaz Cooke
    It was recommended to be my a few people and is funny and informative.

What to Expect When You're Expecting -

This was recommended to me as the one book not to read from cover to cover as it can lead you in to a blind panic !but useable as a reference.
    I haven't got around to looking at it yet.

The Bloke's Guide To Pregnancy -

I thought he deserved a book too;)
    Also recommended to me as a good read and well worth buying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I have The Rough Guide to Pregnancy and Birth and I love it! Very funny and informative.

Was gonna get himself that blokes book, but it's based in England... should write one for Irish blokes!

Advertisement