Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defering a year

• 13-07-2010 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

I'm going into 3rd year in september, have erasmus for the first semester. Due to unforseen financial difficulties i want to defer the year and do third year next september instead in able to work and save up some money.

I have no idea if this is possible and whether it is too late. Does anyone know and does anyone know what process you have to go through?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭boo-yaw-ka-shaa

Hey, think this might be what your looking for. See "Leave of Absence"

http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Student_Affairs/Student_Administration/Student_Academic_Administration/Student_Status

Here's the dates for applying for it.

http://www2.ul.ie/pdf/287162809.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭FCUM

Much appreciated mate

Looks like i'm too late, ****.

I'll give it a bash nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭bonzer1again

contact your course leader directly....

Do you pay full registration fee to UL when doing erasmus?

ta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

knowing ul and the irish system you would have to pay full reg fees but if you are going on erasmus you are eliagbal for a grant which you would receve during your erasmus. try to look into every thing before you deside every thing derick would know more about your situation his email is suwelfare@ul.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Im going into 4th year Applied Languages and I spent the last year on Erasmus, and I had to pay normal registration fees to UL but nothing to the host university and also received a grant in two installments for each semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Going into third year. Thinking about deferring and doing third year in 2014. Does this mean that I will have to pay full fees and not be able to receive a grant?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭boo-yaw-ka-shaa

Think that as long as you apply for the Leave of Absence in advance and before the dates they set up for applying for deferring you should be grand. Check up online what they dates are?? Sometime soon I'd be guessing.

You will obviously not get the grant when you are out for the year but it should resume when you are back without you paying any extra fees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Going into third year. Thinking about deferring and doing third year in 2014. Does this mean that I will have to pay full fees and not be able to receive a grant?
    As long as you're not repeating a year I believe you're all okay. You won't get a grant on your year off but that's a given. You may need to attend a student status committee meeting though to confirm this. Ask SAA about a Leave of Absence form.

• Advertisement
Advertisement