Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

questions about TOG

• 08-08-2012 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was looking over @ tog.ie and see that you guys/girls are doing some really cool stuff.

I was wondering about the "Electronics and Micro Controller Night" and "Computing/Programming/Networking Night". Is there room left over to drop by on those nights? Whats the average age of the people there?

It's always fun to meet up and talk to like minded people.

Have loads of ideas that I would like to make "real" and this looks like a cool place to do just that.

Take care all =)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,548 ✭✭✭zg3409

c0rn3y wrote: »
    Hi all,

I was looking over @ tog.ie and see that you guys/girls are doing some really cool stuff.

I was wondering about the "Electronics and Micro Controller Night" and "Computing/Programming/Networking Night". Is there room left over to drop by on those nights? Whats the average age of the people there?

It's always fun to meet up and talk to like minded people.

Have loads of ideas that I would like to make "real" and this looks like a cool place to do just that.

Take care all =)

Yes there is room. The nights are generally informal, the space is normally open before 7pm and you can just drop down. The average age is probably 30s with people 20/30/40 attending. We do have younger/older people for some events. The Wednesday night computing/programming is quite quiet. It's best to join the public mailing list, explain your interests and what night you will be down, then others with like minded interests will turn up also.

What are your main interests and what projects would you like to work on?

Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭c0rn3y

Hi zg3409 and thanks for you reply.

Hehe "my interests" are all over the place I guess.

But I guess would could say that they are, electronics, CNC, web development, sim racing.

I am in the planing phase of a new racing sim rig and will be building most of the parts my self.

Will be building:
    • Pedal assembly (Hydraulic brake and clutch) with FFB to simulate locking up brakes
    • Vertical hydraulic handbrake
    • Button box for quick settings with LCD display for telemetry based on a arduino board
    • H gated shifter (not sure yet how to make this but have some ideas)
    • Sequential shifter (many different ideas for this one)
    • Tactile feedback connected to rig (bass shaker)

So from that list you can see I need to figure out a lot of stuff and its always fun to do that around like minded people =)

Now please don't think I am contacting and wanting to join in on TOG because of tools and space to build, I have good access at home to that =)

Below is one of my design ideas for the rig so you get an idea of what I mean.
    5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,548 ✭✭✭zg3409

Yes we have a small CNC machine and a 3D printer. We also have a few mame boxes in real arcade machines. We don't have any arcade racing machines but we do have contacts with an arcade so we could enquire for an old chassis. We have experience of wiring controls to standard PCs

Advertisement