Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

(Big merge) Hairdressers in Galway

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 eviancool

Great thanks a million for the replies!! i'll book myself in so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Just had my hair cut in Zenith with Paul.
    He is brilliant!!!

IBTL.... :pac:

EDIT: IBT-Move :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I find it quite hard to get an appointment with Fringe Benefits.

Has anyone any experience with Annette's on Middle St.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Any opinions on the place in Ballymoneen? Just wondering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Just had my hair cut in Zenith with Paul.
    He is brilliant!!!

Is it worth 50 euro? I just called them. Bit agasp at the price, it's two years into the recession!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 elcy86

Anyone have any suggestions for colourists? I'm dark brown naturally and wanna go the red colour Ashlee Simpson had about a year ago.. Whenever I get my hair coloured in hairdressers they never get it quite the way I want it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

20% off all services in Toni and Guy at the moment Mon-Wed:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Pk10

Just tried to book an appointment with Niamh at Paul Anthony only to be told she had left, I know someone who went to her there about 2 weeks ago! The girl who answered the phone said she is with Pink now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Pk10 wrote: »
    Just tried to book an appointment with Niamh at Paul Anthony only to be told she had left, I know someone who went to her there about 2 weeks ago! The girl who answered the phone said she is with Pink now.

Yeah, Niamh is the new manager at Pink - she sent out a text to all her regulars.

PS there's a voucher in today's Galway Independent for €10 off at Pink

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Pk10

Xiney wrote: »
    Yeah, Niamh is the new manager at Pink - she sent out a text to all her regulars.

Cool, tomorrrow is my first time but I posted in case the word hadn't filtered through.

Top tip, thanks a million, just have to remember to bring it with me now!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭antonf

Just had my hair done with Michel in Soa. Excellent job and half the price I usually pay in The Hut.

My daughter went there yesterday and they gave her a student discount also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

anyone know of a reasonably priced hairdresser in galway

all i need is a wash, trim - no styling or anything like that.

last time I went it cost me 55 Euro on high street, with a 5 euro tip.

A bit much I thought for a trim - want somewhere more reasonable this time round.

any suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Had a lovely haircut in the Hair Co on Eyre St two weeks ago, just walked in, no appointment, and I had a total restyle for €40.

Number : 091-568789

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

open bake

thank you so much for this tip - I will definitely try them out - a lot more reasonable than what I paid before.

I have the kind of curly hair that just bounces around so no matter what style i would get it just kind of bounces back into place- hence I don't want to be spending tons of money on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

What about Connacht School of Hairdressing? €15 for a wash cut and blow dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

You're very welcome!
    Curly hair needs a good hair cut, and I've been pleased the last two times I went to the Hair Co. They are so much more reasonable than anywhere else in town, they don't try to push products, they don't take hours, just no frills good hairdressing.

That said I also recommend Talents in Terryland, mainly for colour though. They are very reasonable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭geekychick

Spadina wrote: »
    What about Connacht School of Hairdressing? €15 for a wash cut and blow dry.

That's where I always go! :) Cos it's such a steal, always feel very happy with myself after I've been, HOWEVER they are not for everyone; as I have long hair and my hair-style is always the same old thing more or less, there are no substiantial risks involved in letting the novices and teachers have a go at it, plus be prepared for quite a bit of waiting around while the girls get their supervisors to come and have a look at what they've done or improve on it. I usually spend 3 hours on average in there, 2 if I'm lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭antonf

Went to Soa for the first time a few weeks ago. Had a great haircut from the guy there (Michel), cost 35 euro and he told me to come back when my fringe got too long and he would trim it for free.
    They have a loyalty card which gets you a free L'Oreal product with 10 stamps (he stamped my card three times)
    Will definitely be going back, half the price I've usually being paying and he knows his stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

shes moved again?

I got the text that she had moved to P.A's but not that she had moved again?

Where is Pink?

• Advertisement

shes moved again?

I got the text that she had moved to P.A's but not that she had moved again?

Where is Pink?

If you remember where Grafton house of hairdressing was, it's upstairs there. (Grafton still exists but it's in the downstairs and Pink is the more visible sign)

It's kind of accross shop street (technically it's on William Street) from Pulse Accessories, really near Brown Thomas end.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

why do they move around so often, ive being to the one in oranmore beside the church , but the girl who listen to me(on how i want it coloured) moved to orantown centre, guess what she aint there no more,now i go to elegents near chemist .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Emer98

Went to Ronan in Tony & Guy as recommended by friend. He did a good cut but he was so moody. kept leaving my hair to go and tidy saloon. Staff all nervous of him. the atmosphere was so bad. real dog to them all. was afraid to say anything to him as you would fear you would get a bad cut. v v expensive, cut and touch up roots €132 and was there for over 4 hours. Was waiting half hour first before he came to me.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

132!!! Sounds like Yourelle's, spent 150 there once, never again!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

Got a trim in Zenith. Very pleased, did exactly what I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

any feedback on Pink? :)

Love Pink. It's all about Niamh anyway, but the salon is very relaxing and quiet - a bit small but I've never felt cramped in there. It shares premises with House of Gratfton's barbers but you're completely separate.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

I have very curly and unmanageable hair but wanted a restyle. On the strength of this thread I went to Zenith. Got a cut, wash and blowdry for 45euros. Basically my whole hair was restyled and even though I would never have imagined having this style in my type of hair it is so easy to style thanks to the good cut. I am now converted.

Had colour done previously in the Hair Co. and was very happy with the results and the service received.

Have had a few blowdrys with the Polish ladies at the rear of Kiltartan House. Very reasonable and happy with the blowdry results.

Just my 2cents!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭seabre

Hi All

Just wondering can someone recommend a good Hairdressers in Galway who will do a colour and cut for a reasonable price? I only need a T Bar of 3 colours but don't have the money to spend a fortune on it at the min.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement