Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SERC 3 Peaks challenge 2013

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,472 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Another good day out. 3rd time for me and still a great event. Managed to get into a group after the SE descent but dropped my water bottle and had to go back to get it so faced the remainder on my own. How I cursed that decision as I struggled for the next 40+kms! Was it just me or did the wind seemed to always be against us on the way back.

Decided to go up the last hill to the right of Woodenbridge, good call taking it off the route. The road is a disaster. Just about got though it on my own, would be impossible with a group. Lost my bearings at the top and ended up taking an extended route back to the finish. All in all 112k.

Great spread afterwards. A big thanks to all the ladies (it seemed mostly ladies anyway) who were helping with the food and drinks, it was great to get a nice warm cup of tea and a few sandwiches. Just the ticket.

A thanks also to whoever it was got me moving about half way up Slieve Mann. Was really struggling and this guy (didn't catch his name, too busy trying to avoid a heart attack) saunters up to me and gets me to grab his wheel. Got me through a really sticky few minutes (he was wearing Bigfoot cycling shorts/bib tights).

The weather held up, a well run event and I was glad to see so many SERC guys at the front. Always nice to see a big turn out from the club itself.

Have this one marked down on my calender for next year already.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Muckers

Tough day indeed in the saddle. I had never climbed any of the hills on this route before, and found Slieve Maan and Shay Elliott tough going. It seems to be a countrywide problem, but our road surfaces are crumbling beneath us. Some mega potholes on route, but in fairness the lads had them well marked in advance. Couldn't believe the cold on the descent from Slieve Maan. Like an earlier poster I was solo during the last 30k, but got on the back of a 3 man group after Aughrim and stayed with them to the finish. Well done all concerned in organising the event. Would have been nice to have a hot shower afterwards but I was told there was no hot water available. Other than that, no probs. Got back at 1:40

Advertisement