Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Towzer100

Francis from Malcolm in the Middle!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Towzer100 wrote: »
    Francis from Malcolm in the Middle!

More info please?

Met him at Cork airport he was on my flight to Milan with the two from that 70's show! You know Donna and the guy with the fuzzy hair I think his name was Kelso?? Donna and Kelso were lovely but Francis was an ass. Kept like standing in the corner with his sunglasses and giant headphones on and just wasnt friendly like the other two! Wouldnt give autographs and that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Towzer100 wrote: »
    Met him at Cork airport he was on my flight to Milan with the two from that 70's show! You know Donna and the guy with the fuzzy hair I think his name was Kelso?? Donna and Kelso were lovely but Francis was an ass. Kept like standing in the corner with his sunglasses and giant headphones on and just wasnt friendly like the other two! Wouldnt give autographs and that!

You're thinking of the guy who played Hyde. He and the guy that played Francis are brothers IRL so it makes more sense. :)

Thats the fella!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 dilly32

Mick Hucknall ( Simply Red ) I woz workin at 'trip to tipp' yrs ago. I was there for the wkend so we were stayin in campers/tents at the back of the stage. We had access all area passes. When he saw a gang of us on our way backstage headin to get a kip, he shouted at his security to 'keep those ppl away from me'. We all roared laughin at him the p****. None of us were goin in his direction. I think he woz prob showin off to the girl he woz chattin to.

Twink, don't need to comment here

Anne Doyle, met her in o'Donohoes on Baggot Street when she woz with Jim Mc Daide. One rude bitch to ppl. Sneering at them thinkin her s**t didn't smell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

OK, no one really famous, and no one rude. But i'll post it anyway:
    I met Anne Doyle in Donahue and Nesbitts, she was really nice. Place was wedged, standing room only. She was standing with some guy and didn't mind a few people with me taking photos with her.
    I met Bertie (does he count as a celeb?) in Fagans when he was Taoiseach, he was sitting down talking to someone. My girlfriend went over and asked for a photo and he couldn't have been nicer. But he has to keep voters happy.
    We also met Rosanna Davidson in The Waterloo. Was with a load of really drunk people and she was also really nice and chatty, she was delighted to get into photos with us. This was ages ago, about a year after she won Mrs World. For some reason I thought she was going to be a stuck up bitch!
    Met Dermot Keeley (League of Ireland player, not manager) in a pub. I'm a Shelbourne fan and said hello had a small chat. Then my girlfriend went over and told him and chatted to him for ages, told him I was a Shelbourne fan and we had just got engaged. He gave us his number and told us to ring him tomorrow and he'd organize 2 season tickets for an engagement present! Legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I'd say a good sixty percent of this thread's posts amount to "I acted like a complete arse to somebody because I recognised their face from the telly so they weren't supernaturally patient with me. Those gits."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

I'd say a good sixty percent of this thread's posts amount to "I acted like a complete arse to somebody because I recognised their face from the telly so they weren't supernaturally patient with me. Those gits."

ah well sure that means 40% of them are grand

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Well, some celebrities are arses too.

Somewhere, there is an alternate, celebrity-only board where they're talking about the rudest boards.ies they've ever met. 60% of those posts are probably the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

Twint on the set of play that game, was only a kid...I'm still scarred :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

<Snip>

ya don't work in "PR/morketing" by any chance :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Ruud Gullit...he came across more annoyed than rude (no pun lol) cos he was on holiday but I had met Paul McGrath three days previous and he had all the time in the world more me. I was working as a student in Cannes and he wanted to know all about it. We spoke for about 20 minutes. Only for the obvious I'd say he'd have suggested going for a pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Sinead Desmond(ireland am), She's like a tranny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

not rude but shane filan is a gentleman. spoke to him and seen him out loads of times. always just goes out with his old mates in sligo when hes home and has the craic. dosent seem to mind anyone going up to him and chats away and always poses for pics. just one of the lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 NiMaolriain

I worked at LWT in the 80s and got stuck between floors in a lift.
    There were 5 of us in there, one of whom was Bruce Forsyth.
    Let's just say one of us didn't handle the situation very well,
    thought he was so much more important than the rest....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

You obviously weren't so much better than the crowd he got stuck in the lift with last week :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

That Bruce fella is some man for getting stuck in the lifts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

A friend works in the living room pub in galway, grainne and sile seoige came in one day with their mother for lunch, the place had a handful of people in it yet they asked to be seated upstairs because people were 'gawping at them', total divas. Michael moore visited my nan's house a few years back with his wife tracing family roots in the area, she had no idea who he was until she showed me photos of the 'nice american couple'!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shakeandbake!

Not sure if she counts as a celeb but Tracy Piggott is a very rude bitch.

Shane Lynch - 110% down to earth dead on guy.
    Andrea Roche - A total lady
    Mika Hakkinen - Brilliant guy, laid back, approacable, plenty of time to talk to fans. I met him briefly at Silverstone in '92 and again at Brands Hatch in '07 when he explained the handling charecteristics and aerodynamics of the Merc DTM car to me. Top top bloke.
    Bono - met him backstage at the Point when they done the xmas gigs with BB King, he was great craic.
    Alex Ferguson - Met him at Dublin Airport, asked for his autograph, he obliged and had no bother in engaging in chit chat, i was asking him about Rock of Gibralter (who was in training at the time) etc, then mentioned i was a Liverpool fan......."sorry for your troubles son" he said with a laugh!
    Enya - Met her a good few times when we were renovating an apartment of hers in Killiney around the early '90s, quiet and reserved but polite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭garden_snapper

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Brian Kerr was very rude to my sister a few years ago. She won VIP passes to a concert in Croke Park. She went over to him to ask him would he pose for a photo with her and he said to her really impatiently "I have to go take a piss !" and he stormed off

Met Brian Kerr in the airport going to Milan for a Champions League game a few years back. I said hello Brian are you going to the game...he returned and ignorant grunt. I put that down to the early start in the morning but met him again in Sin É I think its called in town and he was twice as ignorant. He has found his level with the Faroe Islands

The most ignorant however would have to go to Colin Mountgomerie - found his ball at the Irish Open when I was stewarding as an excited teenager - when he came over he never even said thanks and motioned me away with his club!!

On a nicer note I met Roy Keane and he was intense but sound, Paul McGrath is a gentleman, had a few pints with Charlie Burchill (Simple Minds) who lived in Ashford a number of years back and is a top block. Kevin Moran was bang on and Seamus Heaney is the kindest and most interesting man you will ever have the pleasure of meeting!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

I served Mary Coughlan the singer once when I worked in a shop- she ate the face off me over the shops returns policy.

Paschal Sheehy was sound the few times I met him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 squiddly

Hmm... Although Sinead from Six doesn't really count as a celebrity, she was a right mare when I served her where I worked an few years ago! Failing that, Tommy Tiernan. Not a fan of his, so thankfully the "don't meet your heroes" adage didn't apply! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I witnessed Packie Bonner been incredibly rude to a group of people who approached him for an autograph in a Dublin hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Brendan O Carroll.Took my nan to see him years ago, and he was so rude.She was about 70 at the time and went to shake his hand.I have hated him since...not one to hold a grudge me.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

ronan o gara!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

I met Dave Grohl at the airport. He was the nicest guy in the world and we talked about guitars for a few minutes. He fell over his suitcase and just laughed it off too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Blobby George

I had occasion to attend a social event in London recently. Whilst there I bumped in to Ricky Gervais coming back from the bar, quite an arrogant little runt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭smares

Met the Spice girls years ago when they were popular and geri Halliwell told there minders not to let myself and a friend into the shop or near them.
    But my friends parents owned the shop and in we went,the others were nice,she was not happy!!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

'Met' Eamon Holmes at a Utd game. Wouldn't even acknowledge us despite us being directly in front of him, about 3 feet away. Almost barged us out of the way to get passed. Prick.

Advertisement