Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

hatful wrote: »
    If only twink and Kian could have children together can you imagine the spawn of those two divas :D

Yeah, Jedward!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Are we allowed tell stories of cool celebs?

Josh Homme walked past my shop in Dublin about 2 years ago. I didn't have a ticket for the Queens of the stone age gig that night so i went out after him and told him about my problem. I told him i could get them online but people were charging over 200 euros a ticket. He said " I fvckin hate muthafvckers like that, how many tickets do you want"

Long story short i rocked up to the Ambassador that night and sure enough Me +1 was on the guest list.

Nicotine,Valium,Vicodine, Marijuana, Extasy and Alcohol CCCCCocaine!!!!

What a night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Never heard of her, is she Stephen's brother or something?

andrea roche ...she is actually a sound girl..fairly friendly , aint seen her in years
    though.

niall quinn... i reckon he could lose it very quickly.
    i was standing on platform at limerick junction waiting for cork train back in 2004 and as train pulled up , quinny came out the door , throw me a real dirty look, when i realised it was him, i just laughed but in fairness the man was bringing disabled kids somewhere for the day so fair play to him.

micháel martin... i lamped him on a busy saturday in cork at xmas time, as soon as i had spotted him, he just smiled and said hello, he was out shopping with his daughter..

wayne dundon... he was looking puzzled, in a church of all places, trying to figure out who the **** i was..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

I met Pritchard (from Dirty Sanchez) on the piss in Cardiff after we beat Wales to win the Grand Slam in 2009.

This chap:

dirty-sanchez-the-movie-2.jpg

I went over and shook his hand. He looked at me, looked at my jersey, and told me to "Go home and pick some potatoes".

I actually cracked up laughing at him he was so funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

charlemont wrote: »

wayne dundon... he was looking puzzled, in a church of all places, trying to figure out who the **** i was..

Wayne Dundon's a celebrity now?

Jesus wept.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Justme1

Axel Rose - what a disgrace does he remember why he's so rich - his fans, whatta total dick

Tommy Hilfiger the designer was telling the story of how he was in a club in LA with friends and Axl came in and was sitting at a table beside them,within 10-20 mins Axel was screaming at one of the girls in Hilfigers party,in typical Axel form she had not even seen him/spoke to him,Hilfiger who is a small guy (by his own admission) decked Axel clean out...sweet!!

Erica<3 wrote: »
    Yvonne Keating is the rudest celebrity I have ever met.

Ronan Keating is by far the nicest celebrity I've met, as are all the BoyZone lads actually

Yvonne Keating is a celeb in her own mind mabe,and now Mr Honest and clean Ronan made a fool of her by doing the dirt on her she still clings onto the pathetic bit she might get off him instead of walking

Shane10 wrote: »
    wow this is amazing from roy. ive always thought he would be a dead sound guy despite his angry persona. i like this story.

Met Liam Gallagher with his wife from the All saints and her sister also from the All saints who is married to Liam Howlett (was not with them) of the Prodigy,it was in club Lobo (downstairs in the Morrison hotel) not sure if it's still open but they were staying in the Morrison,anyway there was nobody at all in the club bar me and my mates and them at a table,me and the lads rocked over to them (why not) and they turned out to be 110% sound,we had pints with them for an hour or two,Liam was bang on i have to say as were the girls,great fun,we had Liam up on the dancefloor giving his missus a piggyback while dancing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭tweedledee

Rudest has got to be Boy George,what a fat tosser,followed by the weird Ang. Joli.Most Irish "celebs" I've met have been very cold and rude except for Marion Finnucan,she is a lovely person,we chatted for ages.Nicest celeb EVER,BRUCEY GROBBELAAR,liverpool legend, very very friendly.Great guy all round.Ohh some friends met Michael Jackson a couple of years ago on a flight to Bahrain,they said he was an angel,chatted to tons of people and posed for dozans of photographs.no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

....was in a restaurant in a hotel last year in dublin the day after going to a Bruce Springsteen gig. My other half spots Bono sitting with someone at a table behind us. I had my back to them. OH wanted to go over and ask Bono for an autograph. I was mortified and was saying there's no way, and not to go up to him in a restaurant etc etc.

Anyway when Bono left the table to go to the bathroom, up she walks to his friend and asks if he thought Bono would mind signing an autograph. Friend says he didnt think he'd mind. OH comes back to the table and we continue eating.

5 mins later Bono comes over, signs autographs, has pictures taken and chats away for a few minutes. We say thanks a lot and continue eating. Laters when we are leaving the hotel, bono and his friend are leaving too. Outside were a bunch of screaming fans shouting "Hey Bruce" and the like to Bono's friend.

First time I've ever known her to not be able to say a word! My excuse was that I had my back to them and didnt see him. She had no excuse being a huge Bruce fan! Both very nice as it turned out.

• Advertisement

....was in a restaurant in a hotel last year in dublin the day after going to a Bruce Springsteen gig. My other half spots Bono sitting with someone at a table behind us. I had my back to them. OH wanted to go over and ask Bono for an autograph. I was mortified and was saying there's no way, and not to go up to him in a restaurant etc etc.

Anyway when Bono left the table to go to the bathroom, up she walks to his friend and asks if he thought Bono would mind signing an autograph. Friend says he didnt think he'd mind. OH comes back to the table and we continue eating.

5 mins later Bono comes over, signs autographs, has pictures taken and chats away for a few minutes. We say thanks a lot and continue eating. Laters when we are leaving the hotel, bono and his friend are leaving too. Outside were a bunch of screaming fans shouting "Hey Bruce" and the like to Bono's friend.

First time I've ever known her to not be able to say a word! My excuse was that I had my back to them and didnt see him. She had no excuse being a huge Bruce fan! Both very nice as it turned out.

tut, tut, tut, when posting up urban legends as an actual experience of yours try not to use one which has repeatedly been posted on this forum.

tut, tut, tut, when posting up urban legends as an actual experience of yours try not to use one which has repeatedly been posted on this forum.

Lol urban legend yep. Tell that to my OH!

Edit: those that know her know how true this 'urban legend' is. The pics on her facebook kinda give it away to her friends too, particularly the one with Bono's 'friend' in the background.

Lol urban legend yep. Tell that to my OH!

Edit: those that know her know how true this 'urban legend' is. The pics on her facebook kinda give it away to her friends too, particularly the one with Bono's 'friend' in the background.

If it's true post up the pics so we can all see.

If it's true post up the pics so we can all see.

Em no. Besides the fact I've nowt to prove I'm not putting her pics up here.

You might wanna ask all the other posters in this thread for proof too.

Apologies for going off topic, but to get back on topic rudest 'celeb' I met was Albert Reynolds. Was obvious he wasn't looking for my vote at the time. He was introduced to me, grunted and walked away mumbling.

Then again maybe I have the effect on lots of people. Darko?? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I have heard this story so many times.

The story is either Bono and Bruce or Bono and Bob Dylan.

It tends to ususally be a story that starts "my friend was in a restaurant......"

Did this really happen to you????!!!!!! If so this story has spread around Dublin and you have an awful lot of friends!!!!!!

It is an urban myth at this stage. Mad to think that it is YOU that the story is about!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Em no. Besides the fact I've nowt to prove I'm not putting her pics up here.

You might wanna ask all the other posters in this thread for proof too.

Ha ha aha hahahahahahahaaaa!!!!

I hadn't even seen the other posts calling you out on this before I posted my post about this being an urban myth!

Post the pics please!!!!!! Pulease!!!!!! Prove us wrong!!!!!

amdublin wrote: »
    I have heard this story so many times.

The story is either Bono and Bruce or Bono and Bob Dylan.

It tends to ususally be a story that starts "my friend was in a restaurant......"

Did this really happen to you????!!!!!! If so this story has spread around Dublin and you have an awful lot of friends!!!!!!

It is an urban myth at this stage. Mad to think that it is YOU that the story is about!

Not about me really. Bout the OH. Were too long in the tooth for urban legends. I was there, I can only swear it's true. She even went on Ryan tubridys radio show talking bout it soon after. She works in media but isn't a journo! I dunno how these things spread if indeed it did spread. I can only presume you're both referring to another incident. Ah jaysus I dunno! Lol

Not about me really. Bout the OH. Were too long in the tooth for urban legends. I was there, I can only swear it's true. She even went on Ryan tubridys radio show talking bout it soon after. She works in media but isn't a journo! I dunno how these things spread if indeed it did spread. I can only presume you're both referring to another incident. Ah jaysus I dunno! Lol

Dude, you seem like a nice genuine guy and I am not saying you are lying but seriously I think we are going to need pics here!!!!!!

:D

Seriously! :)

amdublin wrote: »
    Dude, you seem like a nice genuine guy and I am not saying you are lying but seriously I think we are going to need pics here!!!!!!

:D

Seriously! :)

Last post from me on this.
    Seriously I'm not bothered whether u think I'm lying or not. You wouldn't be the first but the difference here is that I obviously can't post her pics online.Bi think she might have posted one on a blog a long time ago. Will pm you with the link when I ask her first :)

Will pm you with the link when I ask her first :)

Oh that'd be lovely if you could! I love Bruce as well - he's hawt! And it would prove this story once and for bloody all!!!!!!!!!!

If she put it on a blog it's out there on the internets anyway!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I was in a Dublin restaurant once and Bruce Springtein and Bono pestered me for ages to take their autographs. They were brutal persistent and just to pacify them I took the damn autographs.

Jeez as a pair they are annoying barstewards;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Saw Johnny Vegas today in town..i walked by where he was sitting and said "Alrite Johnny"..the sour fcucker just about looked at me and mumbled "alrite".

The bird he was with was fit though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ExogenesisMuse

Katie White and Jules De Martino (The Ting Tings)
    At the airport a couple if years ago I noticed that The Ting Tings were getting on the same plane as me. I was too nervous too talk to them before the flight back to England (from LA) so I decided to wait until we we had landed at Heathrow.
    When we were waiting for our luggage Katie walked up and stood next to me :) I turned and said hi and how much I loved The Ting Tings, she gave me a weird look then barged past me to fetch a bag and almost knocked me over! When she came back she almost knocked me over again with her bag.
    I turned to see Jules stood with a luggage trolley so I smiled, he also gave me a weird look and mumbled something to his friend.
    :(:(:(:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Really this happened to you too? It's happened to the parents of about 4 of my friends too. And Bruce actually paid for their dinner when they weren't looking on each occasion. Too bad you had to pay for your own dinner.

fullstop wrote: »
    Really this happened to you too? It's happened to the parents of about 4 of my friends too. And Bruce actually paid for their dinner when they weren't looking on each occasion. Too bad you had to pay for your own dinner.

Yep generally that happens.

They talk to Bono. And then Bono's friend pays. And the waiter tells them "Mr Springsteen looked after the bill" I've heard it as Bob Dylan too. This story surfaces every time Bruce Springsteen is in Dublin.

Rubberdiddies!!!! Prove it is you!!!! Post the pics/link to your girlfriends blog.

What restaurant were you in btw Rubber???

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Keep it on topic please folks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Degsy wrote: »
    I'm willing to bet the two of them have been carrying on behind your back.

I'm not that kind of girl, Degsy! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Speaking of friendly celebrities - I once scored with a member from Bellefire. :D

Advertisement