Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Redundancy & money due advice

• 05-01-2015 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi,

I was made redundant back in March 2014 without notice. I continued to do some work for the company on a freelance
    basis after for a month and invoiced them.

Outlined in my contract was that either party needed to give one months notice before termination.

I didn't receive any money for the invoiced work or my redundancy without notice after multiple correspondence
    and them trying to fob me off saying they have money coming in, they finally admitted they just couldn't pay.

The last correspondence I sent back in august asking for a resolution or otherwise I would have to
    contact the 'relevant services' to resolve it.(I thought that might scare them)

I'm looking for advice on what to do next, I would prefer not to get a solicitor involved as this would
    cost me money I don't have at the minute.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭Icepick

No notice - you are still their employee

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭TwistedPixel88

Icepick wrote: »

Well my contract was terminated and I received my p45 so I don't think that is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭Icepick

Well my contract was terminated and I received my p45 so I don't think that is the case.
    Had you been with the company for at least 2 years? You should get a notice then or compensation.

Had you been with the company for at least 2 years? You should get a notice then or compensation.

Sorry I forgot to mention I was with them for a year and 8 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭barman linen

Hi....don't mean to hijack this but I am in a similar situation. I was sent an email on the company mail system giving me notice. I no longer have access to that mail and have not received an RP50 or payslip yet. Does minimum notice occur from the date of first email or issuance of RP50 ?

I have received my statutory redundancy payment but no other written notice other than the email I can no longer access?

Am I still an employee ?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Sorry I forgot to mention I was with them for a year and 8 months.

in which case you are not entitled to redundancy. you are entitled to be paid for the months notice they didnt give you. you need to speak to the rights commissioner http://www.lrc.ie/document/More-on-the-Rights-Commission/4/745.htm

to get the other money owed for work done after you were let go you will have to go to court. it is not covered under employment legislation as you were not employed directly. you will need to speak to a solicitor about this.

Beano wrote: »
    in which case you are not entitled to redundancy. you are entitled to be paid for the months notice they didnt give you. you need to speak to the rights commissioner *link removed*

to get the other money owed for work done after you were let go you will have to go to court. it is not covered under employment legislation as you were not employed directly. you will need to speak to a solicitor about this.

Ok, thanks very much for the advice.

Advertisement