Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

• 15-03-2014 9:40pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Please use this thread for all your questions regarding Stage 2 of the IEC 2014 process :)

Here is the link to the Video Guides for stage 2 http://www.screencast.com/t/l14SkcgCtKaq
    Password: IECgo4less

Thanks to duffman44 for those ^.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 duffman44

Hi just a quick question about the family information form... I don't know my fathers address or occupation cause i don't speak to him i have his date of birth and all though so would it be alright to just put unknown?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

duffman44 wrote: »
    Hi just a quick question about the family information form... I don't know my fathers address or occupation cause i don't speak to him i have his date of birth and all though so would it be alright to just put unknown?

I presume so. Maybe add a small note explaining that you're not in contact. It can do harm. You can add it as a letter of explanation under optional documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

Can anyone who has submitted all the stage 2 application post here when you have received you're visa. I know it's a different time scale for everyone and it's says "up to six weeks", but it will still be nice to see how quickly they are getting through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

quick question to anyone thats gotten to the cic stage so you just uploaded the IMM5707e and the IMM1295E that you need to fill in ? cause its a little confusing .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Video guides added to first post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

quick question to anyone thats gotten to the cic stage so you just uploaded the IMM5707e and the IMM1295E that you need to fill in ? cause its a little confusing .

Print and sign the 5707e, scan it then upload it. No need to print or sign 1295e, just validate it, save it and upload it.

Print and sign the 5707e, scan it then upload it. No need to print or sign 1295e, just validate it, save it and upload it.

im not sure id you have to pint and sign the 5705e tho because the main page page before says you dont need to sign any the documents

yeah no need to sign either it seems
    *You do not need to sign your application form by hand if you submit your application form online. You will be asked to provide a digital signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Shel_b23

Just read on the website that if you want to work in certain jobs you need a medical, anyone went for one before? I'll have to go as my occupation is a childcare worker, i dont plan on working in childcare over in canada but it's on my CV so i suppose i should get one just incase? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

Shel_b23 wrote:
    Just read on the website that if you want to work in certain jobs you need a medical, anyone went for one before? I'll have to go as my occupation is a childcare worker, i dont plan on working in childcare over in canada but it's on my CV so i suppose i should get one just incase? :/

If you won't be working in childcare in Canada, I wouldn't think it's applicable. The working holiday WP is just an open one, not tied to any specific industry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Shel_b23

Toronto wrote: »
    If you won't be working in childcare in Canada, I wouldn't think it's applicable. The working holiday WP is just an open one, not tied to any specific industry.

IF i want to work in childcare over in canada i'll need it though? Would employers look for a medical cert or is it just for immigration? I want to keep my options open and work where ever pays the most..

• Registered Users Posts: 31 duffman44

Got receipt of payment at 3:05 today and my status changed to In progress. They must be working today

so anyone submit the mycic application ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sponsor

so anyone submit the mycic application ?

I submitted my CIC yesterday. Got a confirmation mail to say it was received about 5 mins later. Didn't have the complete addresses of all my family members so just put the city & Country on that form. Hope that doesn't cause issues. :( I printed the Family form, signed it and scanned it back up. Just validated the other one.

Will post on this if I get any feedback from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

*You do not need to sign your application form by hand if you submit your application form online. You will be asked to provide a digital signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC.

this thread from last year everyone is saying they signed the 5707 form. I know it says on the 1295 form not to sign,but the 5707 form i think you print it, sign, scan and upload it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83269187

Sponsor wrote: »
    I submitted my CIC yesterday. Got a confirmation mail to say it was received about 5 mins later. Didn't have the complete addresses of all my family members so just put the city & Country on that form. Hope that doesn't cause issues. :( I printed the Family form, signed it and scanned it back up. Just validated the other one.

Will post on this if I get any feedback from them.
    yeah id like to hear how fast the get on it

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

*pipes up from the dunce corner* How do you download the forms?
    under required docs when I click the IMM1295 it opens in a new window, I can edit it there but when I close it, it's gone. Am I missing a 'download' button or something?

EDIT: I figured it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭TheShizz

I see that they gave an exact time for when round one opened. Was 8pm Dublin time accurate and will they also give a time for the opening of round two?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Raymo1993

I can't open the second message they sent me HELP?

Raymo1993 wrote: »
    I can't open the second message they sent me HELP?

The second message is usually just to confirm they received payment and the documents you uploaded. On the landing page of your Kompass account, has "pending" changed to "submitted" under upload required documents and IEC participation fee? If so then everything is fine so far. It should also say "(In progress)" under IEC eligibility assessment.

• Advertisement

bopper wrote: »
    The second message is usually just to confirm they received payment and the documents you uploaded. On the landing page of your Kompass account, has "pending" changed to "submitted" under upload required documents and IEC participation fee? If so then everything is fine so far. It should also say "(In progress)" under IEC eligibility assessment.

Thanks when should that change to submitted

Thanks when should that change to submitted

It should have already changed. Is the subject of the second message you got "Notification of receipt of payment and supporting documents"?

bopper wrote: »
    It should have already changed. Is the subject of the second message you got "Notification of receipt of payment and supporting documents"?

Ya that's the one

Ya that's the one

Well then it sounds like everything is normal. I wouldn't worry just yet. The next message you get off them is the important one.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Silvio67

For those that have set up a CIC account.. Is it as easy to ask a question on their database as it is with kompass?

I havn't my condition letter of acceptance yet but I could be doing with asking a question ASAP so might set up a CIC account to get it out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭TheShizz

TheShizz wrote: »
    I see that they gave an exact time for when round one opened. Was 8pm Dublin time accurate and will they also give a time for the opening of round two?

Sorry to ask this again but, as I previously said, there's absolutely no margin for error with all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Yes it opened at 8 on the dot. The Round 2 opening date will be on the website at some stage, just keep checking it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 robcarty011rc

I'm filing out the IMM 5707E form and was just checking to see what you guys have done for the first part of secion A.

The question being asked is 'Will accompany you to Canada - Yes/No' .. Now obviously its no for Mother father & spouse but for the applicant do we say Yes or just leave it blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Delira

this thread from last year everyone is saying they signed the 5707 form. I know it says on the 1295 form not to sign,but the 5707 form i think you print it, sign, scan and upload it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83269187

Guys, you DO NOT need to print, sign and scan either form in MyCIC.

By doing this, you're creating a completely unnecessary step for yourself!!! This issue was a major source of confusion for people last year as well and a lot of people just followed the crowd and did it out of fear that if they didn't they'd be rejected. I decided to just heed the instructions written there in black and white that you dont need to sign ANYTHING by hand and I got my POE within the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 cahill1st

Hi all!
    Quick question re Garda certs, we got our certs done in nov 2013 not thinking the iec would take so long. These are now 5 months old, do we need to get fresh ones or will these suffice? It's says nothing on cic about how recent they should be. We have not committed any crimes since nov btw so we can get new ones its just a bit of a pain!

Advertisement