Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I dont think that backs up anything I pre-ordered the album months ago as did many others only hearing "You're a Lie" in the meantime, charts never back up anything Tenacious Ds new album is shockin' IMO and yet its number 3 the rest of the top 10 features the likes of One Direction, Glee , Now 42 etc. does this mean these albums essential, I hate to state the obvious but no.

F**kin hell. I need oxygen after reading that one! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

F**kin hell. I need oxygen after reading that one! :eek:

It was cancelled.:D:);):p

rednik wrote: »
    It was cancelled.:D:);):p

PMSL.:cool::P:confused::pac:

You forgot some smilies.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Might as well use this thread for Slash's 2nd album featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators.

Real To Reel Part 1

Real To Reel Part 2

Real To Reel Part 3

• Advertisement

Real To Reel Part 4

Real To Reel Part 5

Real To Reel Part 6

Real To Reel Part 7

Real To Reel Part 8

Michael ''Elvis'' Baskette, known for his work with Alter Bridge & other bands, manned the production side of the album.

Recording on the new album was finished earlier this month
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-and-myles-kennedy-and-the-conspirators-complete-recording-new-album/

Slash & Aerosmith have also teamed up for a Summer tour dubbed Let Rock Rule, beginning in July 10th and running until September 12th.

More news regarding Slash's new album

Slash said of the album
    “It’s very rock ‘n’ roll, and, as always, it’s very diverse in feel, and I’m just super, super proud of everything that we collectively put into making the thing. It’s just going to be a bitchin’ record.”

The album is tentatively scheduled for a September release.

http://loudwire.com/slash-super-super-proud-new-album/

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭BearThomas131

Really looking forward to the new album AL was great, and seeing them play live in the Olympia was mind blowing, hope they come back and tour the new album

• Advertisement

Pulled this from the Slash's Third Album thread over on MYGNR and Slash2Baz (I'd imagine he's pretty close to Slash or well connected to the Slash camp to know this kind of stuff)
    I've heard the Conspirators will try to bring a couple of "new Use Your Illusion" songs in the setlist.

For anyone who doesn't use Twitter, Slash tweeted this morning
    Mix is finished on the new record! Mastering next weekend. Artwork is set. Will announce the title soon. Can't wait to unleash it! iiii]; )'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I still like Slash. But I've never liked any of the singers hes worked with since going solo. That live in Stoke show had great guitar riffs and tracks I didn't know. But I just couldn't warm to the singer at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

EyesClosed wrote: »
    I just love that will all this crap about Axl and gnr, slash is still making amazing music, and touring with no problems.
    What's that two solo albums, in two years, Axl took how long to get one album out??

Slash is healthy and regular. Good balanced diet with plenty of riffage. Axl's a picky eater. He got a bit backed up and when he finally managed to push his release out it sounded uncomfortable and kinda stank the place out.

:pac:

endacl wrote: »
    Slash is healthy and regular. Good balanced diet with plenty of riffage. Axl's a picky eater. He got a bit backed up and when he finally managed to push his release out it sounded uncomfortable and kinda stank the place out.

:pac:

Rock & Metal post of the year!!!

Leaving Guns back in '96 may have been the best decision Slash ever made, I mean all ya have to do is look at Axl's current operation for proof.

Mastering of the new Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators is DONE!!!
    Mastering of the new record is done! Will announce title & release date very soon. But it sounds awesome! iiii]; )'

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Mastering of the new Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators is DONE!!!

Whooohoooo R'nF'n'R

Slash is teasing us
    Salute 2 the most awesome fans on the planet! I've been driving around listening 2 the new SMK&C cd. you're gonna dig it. iiii]; )'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

beauf wrote: »
    I still like Slash. But I've never liked any of the singers hes worked with since going solo. That live in Stoke show had great guitar riffs and tracks I didn't know. But I just couldn't warm to the singer at all.

Same here, there poles apart. He's not a strong enough front man. Whilst I'm not expecting mind blowing lyrics, his are mush.

• Advertisement

Slash played the U.S National Anthem at Game 3 of the NHL playoffs between the L.A Kings & Chicago Blackhawks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Fúckin' 'Murica, even the national anthem is used to sell something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,963 ✭✭✭cena

Slash to play in o2 in November. Tickets around 40 euro. Check rte entertainment. This is the start of the European tour

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I'd rather see him In a smaller venue like previous shows at vicar st and the olympia but I'll probably head along to this, always a good show from Slash.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

When are tickets on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

When are tickets on sale?
    This Friday I believe.

Along with tour dates, Slash has announced the title of his new album, along with tracklisting, 17 tracks in total, one of the tracks will be an instrumental.

Album cover designed by Ron English

slashworldonfire.jpg

World on Fire
    Shadow Life
    Automatic Overdrive
    Wicked Stone
    30 Years to Life
    Bent to Fly
    Stone Blind
    Too Far Gone
    Beneath the Savage Sun
    Withered Delilah
    Battleground
    Dirty Girl
    Iris of the Storm
    Avalon
    The Dissident
    Safari Inn (Instrumental)
    The Unholy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

Classic Rock will be releasing the album as a fanpack on Sept 15th four weeks before the official release.

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2014-05-27/classic-rock-to-release-new-slash-album-world-on-fire-on-september-15-1

rednik wrote: »
    Classic Rock will be releasing the album as a fanpack on Sept 15th four weeks before the official release.

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2014-05-27/classic-rock-to-release-new-slash-album-world-on-fire-on-september-15-1

Definitely picking up the fan pack, i picked them up for Slash's other 2 albums, might as do it for World On Fire.

• Advertisement

This news has made me unbelievably happy :)

Advertisement