Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ryanair 1 Million Free Flights

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭undo

Yes there is a very good reason: The card is accepted by Ryanair as a Visa Electron only if GBP is chosen as the currency. Otherwise, it becomes a normal Visa and you pay the usual €10 fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Seeing as half of Ryanair reads these threads, I'd guess it won't be long before they start charging on that card as well.

Visa Electron has been free of credit card surcharge for quite some time now and Entropay has been known to work for a long time as well. I cannot imagine Ryanair would only find out about it via boards.ie.

Edit: Also, if they do start charging for Visa Electron, they won't be able to advertise "free flights, no fees or taxes" any more as there won't be a way to book without paying €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

It looks like laser card users can't use Entropay

Laser won't work as you need a credit card to use Entropay and Laser is only a debit card.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Theres no booking fee with Entropay??? Is there a section with Entropay marked on the pull down menu when you book? Or do you just select Visa Electron ?

You just select Visa Electron. But remember, your Entropay must be in GBP or it won't be accepted as a Visa Electron!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭joeswatch

UNDO - just want to say thanks for your quick response to my question the other day ... which I hope will prove useful to all on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

do i need to top this account up before paying for flights then??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Randi

tantipie wrote: »
    do i need to top this account up before paying for flights then??

I tried this, booked flights to see would it work, 2 people to london for only 4 cent, how do they make their money, yeah you need to top up, I toped up 10.00 but they take 10.50 off your card, 50p for toping it up, well worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

undo wrote: »
    Laser won't work as you need a credit card to use Entropay and Laser is only a debit card.

In their home page there is the Maestro icon and in the FAQ section it says you can top up using credit or debit card. Is laser not the same as a debit card?

I got as far as putting in card number and it recognised it as being a Maestro (little icon came up beside card number) but then it says the card number is wrong :(

Yeah, you're right they accept some debit cards. I had forgotten about that last night. Unfortunately, whatever system Entropay use to process payments seems very picky about cards and refuses many for no apparent reason. You could e-mail their support to see if they can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

Ye i have done that, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

coco06 wrote: »
    In their home page there is the Maestro icon and in the FAQ section it says you can top up using credit or debit card. Is laser not the same as a debit card?

I got as far as putting in card number and it recognised it as being a Maestro (little icon came up beside card number) but then it says the card number is wrong :(

Laser is the same as a debit card. Ryanair had a specific disagreement with Laser Card a number of years ago and it is stemming from that conflict that they refuse to allow it be used on their website. I think it concerned commission and other such issues but I am not sure.

Ryanair only see the Entropay credit card number. They have no idea what means is used to top it up, so Ryanair's beef with Laser has no effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

i signed up anyway,,now all i need is some free flights,,lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

guys,

i am trying to register and it will not accept my phone number saying its an invalid number,
    it says it wants the area code, so i am putting 353 for ireland and 51 for waterford and then my number afterwards so it looks like 35351000000 (the 000's are an e.g)

what am i doing wrong ???

anyone else have this problem ??

The 353 goes one field above into "telephone country code". In the phone number field, try 51xxxxxx and 051xxxxxx. One of these should hopefully work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

kingtut wrote: »
    Don't you just love the "low-fares" airline....
    €10 handling fee when I'm the one doing the booking by myself?? What a joke.

no surprises there! :D latest news - €2 charge for the use of the toilet while on board :eek:
    Maybe they could have a toilet at check in and charge u less for "leaving some excess baggage behind" :D:D:D

Maestro in Ireland is not the same as the maestro in the rest of the world. It's usually only Irish sites that accept Irish laser. I know they work when you're abroad but unfortunately not on the internet. It's damn annoying.

There are many mentions of this on boards.ie

• Advertisement

coco06 wrote: »
    Ye i have done that, thanks.

Could you let me know how you get on? I'd be really interested in this if I can use my laser

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

undo wrote: »
    The 353 goes one field above into "telephone country code". In the phone number field, try 51xxxxxx and 051xxxxxx. One of these should hopefully work.

sound pal, will try it tomorrow......cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Allah Hu Akbar

Would that card work with 3v? As someone said you need to fax them a copy of your credit card.

You don't always have to fax them a copy of your credit card. It's only if they decide there is something suspicious about your account and want it verified properly.

So, you can try with your 3v and if instead of performing a top-up, your Entropay account is blocked - no harm done, really.

That said, using one prepaid credit card to top up another is a bit silly. Entropay recently added the possibility to top up by wiring the money from your bank account; this would seem like a much more sensible option for you (the downside being that the wire transfer takes a few days to clear).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭maebee

I've made 5 attempts this evening to book a Ryanair flight using Entropay. I kept getting "invalid details" even though I thoroughly checked my details. I eventually gave up and used my regular visa card. Then it just dawned on me why it wouldn't accept my payment. In the "Name of Card or Account Holder", I had put in my own name. I now think I should have typed in "Entropay User".

Did then happen to anybody else or am I in a thicko league all of my own?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

maebee wrote: »
    I've made 5 attempts this evening to book a Ryanair flight using Entropay. I kept getting "invalid details" even though I thoroughly checked my details. I eventually gave up and used my regular visa card. Then it just dawned on me why it wouldn't accept my payment. In the "Name of Card or Account Holder", I had put in my own name. I now think I should have typed in "Entropay User".

Did then happen to anybody else or am I in a thicko league all of my own?

you've bumped the wrong thread. but yeah, you're meant to enter name as "ENTROPAY USER"

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

I use Entropay and used my own name/details etc. Dont think that is your problem. Ive never used "Entropay user".

Entropay normally do not check any name or address data. You should be able to use any name and any address. Maybe the user who had troubles with Entropay accidentally selected "Visa" or "Visa Debit," not "Visa Electron" on Ryanair's website? Or maybe the Entropay card was in Euro, not Sterling?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

Qprmeath wrote: »
    I use Entropay and used my own name/details etc. Dont think that is your problem. Ive never used "Entropay user".

That's odd, I always use "Entropay User" as per instructions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

i use my own name, the name on the virtual card.

Advertisement