Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ryanair 1 Million Free Flights

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

From which of the London airports is it easier to get into the city centre?

Been there twice but cannot remember what airports I flew into.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

davton wrote: »

Lloydstsb:
    • Suitable for resident and non-resident personal customers
    • Direct debit payments and cheque book facilities available
    • All the control of banking online
    • A VISA electron card offering access to the largest ATM network in Spain, ServiRed.
    But:

You’ll need to be able to confirm the statements below. If you can’t, call us on +34 902 024 365 to talk through your account options.
    • I am aged 18 or over.
    • I am prepared to open my account with a minimum of 1,000 Euros (£700).

HALIFAX UK:
    You cannot apply for a Easycash Account if you are not a UK resident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

johnfás wrote: »
    Visa Electron is more akin to a Laser Card. I think Halifax are the only people doing them. If you have one Ryanair don't charge you a credit card fee so you would get the flights for 2c return rather than 10.02.

AFAIK Halifax in Ireland don't do the Visa Electron, the only ones who were doing it were MBNA, a prepaid version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

bigkev49 wrote: »
    From which of the London airports is it easier to get into the city centre?

Been there twice but cannot remember what airports I flew into.:o
    for the airports ryanair flys to, stansted is pretty good with the train that goes form the something like 20euro return and goes like every 15 minutes into liverpool street and possibly waterloo i think form memory, you can look them up "stansted express"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Depends on where you want to go in London.
    Luton is a dog to get to/from.
    Stansted is on the Stansted Express direct to London but the train is expensive, drops you at Liverpool Street station.
    Gatwick is on the Gatwick Express but a better bet is the Southern Train (nearly half the price, 5 minutes longer and drops you at the same Tube station Victoria).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

When travelling to London for specific business I fly to Stansted because it is quick to get to London from and it goes to the area which I require. When I go for leisure I go to Gatwick because it is also easily accessible to London centre but crucially it is far cheaper to get into London from in comparison to Stansted. If you are going for leisure fly to Gatwick and take the local train (rather than the Express) into London. Buy your ticket at the airport (desk in the baggage reclaim area) and ask for the cheapest ticket including london underground travelcard. If there are more than one of you it is likely that you will get a reduced ticket on the train because that company does a reduced rate.

Enjoy yourself, London is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭undo

About Visa Electron... the simplest way really is to get one from Entropay. If you get what they call a "virtual Visa card" there and choose GBP as the currency for it (this is important, it must be GBP), the card will be accepted as a Visa Electron by Ryanair. I use this all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Oh dear in a bit of a dilem here, booked 2 flights to Barcelona but the first time round I put in the wrong country for my credit card details so I re-entered it correctly, the page said NOT CONFIRMED and PAYMENT PENDING and I haven't received an email.
    Does anyone know if there's a phone number I can check this with?
    Or will I get an email confirmation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

0818 30 30 30

I have always found them quite good on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Thanks a million John!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Bit annoying that Saturdays are not included (they usually are) but you gotta take the deals you are offered and I am not complaining as I have to travel to the UK alot and I can work around the dates.

It says Saturdays aren't included, but yesterday I booked return flights to London for matches on two different Saturdays in January, out and back on the same day, total cost 4 cents thanks to Visa Electron.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

MOH wrote: »
    Total cost 4 cents thanks to Visa Electron.

Where did you get your Visa Electron?

• Stevek101 wrote: »
    Read read read...

Blackout Period: 19th Dec '08 - 05th Jan '09
    30th Jan '09 - 01st Feb '09
    Notes on this fare: All Holidays, School Breaks and Major Sporting Events are excluded from this offer

i booked flights for the 30th dec to the 1st jan for €30 going from cork to liverpool, flights were free and then taxes and handling fee came to 30

still i'm happy, €30 to liverpool, wouldnt get the train to dublin for that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

these flights will cost you €10.02 including your credit card fee and nominal charge. If you want priority boarding, check in at the airport or to bring baggage aside from hand baggage you will be charged more.

Don't you just love the "low-fares" airline....
    €10 handling fee when I'm the one doing the booking by myself?? What a joke.
    "I don't like Ryanair because they charged me for a cup of coffee" carry on.

no surprises there! :D latest news - €2 charge for the use of the toilet while on board :eek:

kingtut wrote: »
    €2 charge for the use of the toilet while on board :eek:

Psst... don't give them any ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

askU wrote: »
    Where did you get your Visa Electron?

Used to work abroad, kept the account open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Randi

flight from dub 0.00, coming back 0.00 but taxes are 185.93 whats up with that

Randi wrote: »
    flight from dub 0.00, coming back 0.00 but taxes are 185.93 whats up with that

That's a regular Ryanair fare. Most flights cost more or less €0 plus taxes these days. You need to select a fare labeled "SPECIAL FARE" (in all caps) to get the €0 taxes.

undo wrote: »
    That's a regular Ryanair fare. Most flights cost more or less €0 plus taxes these days. You need to select a fare labeled "SPECIAL FARE" (in all caps) to get the €0 taxes.

Cheers, its just odd that the lower the price of the flight the higher the tax, as i tried with with a flight for a tenner and the tax was about 30 less

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

i have got one of these entropay card
    works like a magic on ryanair site

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

daveyjoe wrote: »

Thanks a lot and will look into that this afternoon
    Is there any hidden charges/sneaky fees etc ?

Nope, it's all in the post. Flights will cost a grand total of one cent!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I tried to setup one of them Entropay accounts and it wont accept Ireland or United Kingdom as my country ?

Hmmm, worked fine for me yesterday using Ireland as my country.

They have a speedy team of support guys so get in touch with them if you're still having problems: http://entropay.com/info.contact.php

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I'm applying through a US IP address :)

My Entropay got blocked straight away as I applied with an IP from one country using a credit card from another. The support team is really great though and after I faxed in some confirmation of my ID, the unblocked it straight away.

undo wrote: »
    My Entropay got blocked straight away as I applied with an IP from one country using a credit card from another. The support team is really great though and after I faxed in some confirmation of my ID, the unblocked it straight away.
    Yeah, that's the same problem that I had, although I didn't realise that my location was the problem, I presumed it was because the credit card wasn't under my name but under a family members name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭joeswatch

Is there a reason why GBP is chosen as the currency when the example given is Ireland? Surely EUR would be the obvious choice.

Advertisement