Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Ah, RK! :D

Keep an eye out for the Elysian Blood Orange IPA, that was awesome ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Welcome home, Links :D. I'm in Eindhoven, going home tomorrow morning. Waiting on a friend to Western Union me some money as a bank machine in Paris ate my card. Day 3 without proper food...want to lie down and sleep!

Shiiiiit! :eek:

I know, I feel sick now :(. They've been offline nearly two hours so I've no idea what's going on...have a euro to my name.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Eating breakfast in my San Francisco hotel, awaiting a mega carb crash after a big stack of waffles! Day in town today then travelling up to Oregon tomorrow. Flight change in Salt Lake City, time to bring the Yes Equality badge back out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Awesome on waffles binge - well jealous of that most now :pac::pac:

Slane tomorrow, really looking forward to it now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I talk to a guy online about metal. Pretty much every day he's in work, so Monday to Friday he messages me with a new band to listen to, and his taste is usually decent. He hasn't sent me any bands today. I asked him for something to listen to and he couldn't come up with anything. I'm crushed. :pac:

I got home yesterday, I survived :D. Best tour I've saw them on! It's my daughter's communion in the morning and I'd quite like to just sleep instead :O.

Glad to hear you're alright Rei ;)

Must've been a hell of an adventure! I'm still sore I missed out on seeing one of my favourite bands, but my trip state-side was pretty good. I got a hat, so I regret nothing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Anybody heading to Portal in The Voodoo Lounge on Friday?

11026032_10152665140994071_7967539733084158912_n.jpg?oh=0470787670a6b4cc6884b7bfc362cd14&oe=55E7DB39

• Advertisement

Passenger wrote: »
    Anybody heading to Portal in The Voodoo Lounge on Friday?

Was thinking about it, but funds need to recover after the US :o

I'm looking now like Paradise Lost or Enslaved might by my next gigs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Oh I will definitely be heading to Paradise Lost and Enslaved/Grand Magus. PL are on my to-do list of gigs so that should be a very good weekend indeed.

I think it's been like a broken record with me lately, "I'm not going anywhere, I'm saving" and now it's all like "I'm not going anywhere, I'm recovering financially!" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

The new Paradise Lost album is ****ing brilliant. What a return to form. \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Passenger wrote: »
    Oh I will definitely be heading to Paradise Lost and Enslaved/Grand Magus. PL are on my to-do list of gigs so that should be a very good weekend indeed.

I booked the Monday off work.. no way could I face it after that weekend..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,489 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Going to Rock In Vienna tomorrow. Flight in the morning. Can't sleep. Too excited

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Going to Rock In Vienna tomorrow. Flight in the morning. Can't sleep. Too excited

This will be me next week to DL no doubt, Let us know how FNM,Testament,KISS & Muse were (that's assuming you caught those :))

This will be me next week to DL no doubt, Let us know how FNM,Testament,KISS & Muse were (that's assuming you caught those :))

Kiss were the main reason I went and they were amazing. Better than Dublin 2010. Dunno much about FNM but I thought they were good craic. Not a muse fan but couldn't fault them, but the muse fans I was with criticised their new stuff. I listened to testament from afar and they sounded good.

I'm just not made for 30C feckin heat though
    though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

I'm not exactly a fan of falling in reverse but this story has been in my newsfeed a bit this week, hats off to falling in reverse fans for once again proving the world is full of arseholes
    http://www.metalsucks.net/2015/06/10/kacee-boswell-discusses-alleged-rape-by-falling-in-reverses-ronnie-radke/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Soyokakano

Kiss were the main reason I went and they were amazing. Better than Dublin 2010. Dunno much about FNM but I thought they were good craic. Not a muse fan but couldn't fault them, but the muse fans I was with criticised their new stuff. I listened to testament from afar and they sounded good.

though

Damn! It would have been cool to see KISS live.
    Looking at the line up, Apart from the headliners the main stage build ups were tame enough

KISS probably had the best list of build up acts

Limp Bizkit
    Sabaton
    Heaven Shall Burn
    Babymetal
    Airbourne
    Opeth
    etc.....

• Advertisement

Anybody go do Download? What did you think?

Soyokakano wrote: »
    Damn! It would have been cool to see KISS live.
    Looking at the line up, Apart from the headliners the main stage build ups were tame enough

Agreed. The overall lineup wasn't the best. An awful lot of crap was played. Festival altogether was a mashup designed to appeal to as many tastes as possible. Gojira were very early on the first day. Went down with another to watch them (they were class) and said "Who are the next crowd? Sure, lets see what they're like". 15 seconds into the first song, we said "fcuk this" and got beers.

I went over with 7 others, half of which weren't into the majority of the stuff. It was more of a holiday with music than anything else.

Agreed. The overall lineup wasn't the best. An awful lot of crap was played. Festival altogether was a mashup designed to appeal to as many tastes as possible. Gojira were very early on the first day. Went down with another to watch them (they were class) and said "Who are the next crowd? Sure, lets see what they're like". 15 seconds into the first song, we said "fcuk this" and got beers.

I went over with 7 others, half of which weren't into the majority of the stuff. It was more of a holiday with music than anything else.

I don't mind watching the build up acts at festivals, sometimes you discover new bands you haven't heard before and get into them, Yes I hear kISS were awesome. I was looking up YouTube for some fan videos of the festival.

Most of the videos on their are from KISS, Metallica, Muse, Baby Metal, Incubus and Limp Bizkit.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Appetite For Destruction still sounds so damn awesome 28 years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

though

I'm not made for it either got burnt at 20 something degrees at DL the first day then proceeded to rain till late the Saturday to really take the piss.

KISS were great craic as usual not sure DL show was better than The point 2010 for me but great end to the festival.
    Soyokakano wrote: »
    Anybody go do Download? What did you think?

Put a ramble on in the DL thread if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Dying for a gig so badly.

Missed a bunch of good ones since just before Christmas. It'll be so good to have time and money again in a month or so

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Somnus wrote: »
    Dying for a gig so badly.

Missed a bunch of good ones since just before Christmas. It'll be so good to have time and money again in a month or so

Assume Russian Circles Thursday is too early for you :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I just realised I have a favourite label. Rise Above Records. They have at least two bands I really like, psychedelic rock with female vocalists and a few others I think are pretty decent, some have moved onto other labels.

Blood Ceremony

Purson

Diaganol

Admiral Sir Cloudesley Shovell
    Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats
    Circulus
    Electric Wizard (who I haven't listened to that much.)

Rise Above Records was founded in 1988 by then Napalm Death vocalist Lee Dorrian. It was started as part of the Enterprise Allowance Scheme and its initial aim was to release a few very limited edition hardcore punk 7″s.

As time has moved on Rise Above Records nowadays releases an eclectic mix of underground rock from Doom Metal to Acid Folk and classic styled Progressive rock and Proto Metal. The prime motive of the label is to put out interesting releases by bands that we actually like!

http://www.riseaboverecords.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Assume Russian Circles Thursday is too early for you :p

Unfortunately yes :(

• Advertisement

Hey Lyaiera, you heard Castle?

Advertisement