Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Targa Nettop Mini PC, €249.99 @ Lidl

Options
  • 28-10-2009 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

May or may not be a bargain for some, especially considering the Acer Aspire Revo R3600, but here goes..

09_44100_b.jpg

Targa Nettop Mini PC

* This Nettop turns your living room into a multimedia lounge. Connect the Mini PC to your TV and use the Wireless Mini Keyboard to surf the internet or write your letters etc. comfortably from your living room couch!
    * Turns any Flatscreen TV or Monitor into a fully fledged Internet PC Ultra Light & Compact. Weights only 800g & is W 15.4 x H 17.2 x D 2 cm small
    * Sensational, smart, fast, stylish & compact! Take this Mini PC anywhere as it will slot conveniently and neatly behind any LCD monitor or TV! Requires optional connecting cable to attach to your TV via HDMI
    * PROCESSOR - Intel® Atom™ 230 (1.6 Ghz)
    * MEMORY - 1024 MB DDRII (533 MHZ)
    * HARD DRIVE - Samsung 160 GB SATA HDD 5,400 Rpm. Space for up to 30,000 photos or music tracks or 120 hours of video space
    * GRAPHICS - intergrated Graphic Card SIS® Mirage 3+Up to 256 MB RAM
    * INTERFACES - 6 x USB 2.0, Gigabit -lan port (RJ45), mi c in , head phone , audio out , DVI-I Out
    * COMMUNICATION - 10/100/1000 MBit LAN (Network and DSL ready), Wireless LAN Draft N, downwardly compatible with Wireless LAN IEEE 802.11 b/g
    * ADDITIONAL HIGHLIGHTS - Fan less / operates completely silent, Energ y saving, Extremely compact & ultra light
    * SOFTWARE PACKAGE - Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition incl. Service pack3 (1)(2) (OEM)*, Open Office, Bullguard Antivirus, HD-Tronic recovery software
    * Price per item

€249.99 at Lidl from tomorrow, Thursday 29th October.
    http://www.lidl.ie/IE/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20091029.p.Targa_Nettop_Mini_PC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Nice little machine, this has been posted already though.

Not trying to take away from your post, but there was some good comments in the last thread for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

As far as I can see, the diff between this and the Acer is the OS? Is that all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

johnp wrote: »
    As far as I can see, the diff between this and the Acer is the OS? Is that all?

Graphics card aswell, this one has

GRAPHICS - intergrated Graphic Card SIS® Mirage 3+Up to 256 MB RAM

While the Revo has

nVidia GeForce 9400 ION

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

d31b0y wrote: »
    Nice little machine, this has been posted already though.

Not trying to take away from your post, but there was some good comments in the last thread for this.

Apologies, I didn't see that it's already posted. :o

Could a mod please lock this thread? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bibibobo

Mantel wrote: »
    Graphics card aswell, this one has

GRAPHICS - intergrated Graphic Card SIS® Mirage 3+Up to 256 MB RAM

While the Revo has

nVidia GeForce 9400 ION

Hi, can anybody tell me which graphics chipset is better giving consideration that it needs to supported by either one of these nettops running Linux OS (Ubuntu) ?
    thanks. B.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Ion is supposed to be very good for small factor graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

So is this basically a Lenovo with Targa branding?

From what i've read the ION is supposed to handle HD video brilliantly, but watching video on the internet not so much.

TBH, today s the first ive really become aware of these machines, and i'm glad i have now. They'd make ideal HTPC.

Can RAM be easily added to these machines?

I think there is a 4gb RAM, dual core Acer Revo on the way?

Advertisement