Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

air to water heat pump with the multi fuel stove

• 21-03-2014 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all just looking for some advice about air to water heat pump. Our engineer came back to us yesterday saying that we would have to install this system into our new build to achieve a u certification value for the house. Unfortunately we had no intention of going near these systems because of cost. Also they are still pretty much in there infancy and I believe need further development. However this is not a choice because of government over regulation post prior hall. Anyway my question about the system is how does it work with back boiler stove and can the system work with radiators only or do you have to have under floor heating. We heat our current house with a back boiler stove and only use about €200 of oil in the year. Guys and gals all advice on these systems is welcome before we have to go meet a salesman who will fill us full of crap about how good they are. Thanks in advance for your help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

mo22000 wrote: »
    Hi all just looking for some advice about air to water heat pump. Our engineer came back to us yesterday saying that we would have to install this system into our new build to achieve a u certification value for the house. Unfortunately we had no intention of going near these systems because of cost. Also they are still pretty much in there infancy and I believe need further development. However this is not a choice because of government over regulation post prior hall. Anyway my question about the system is how does it work with back boiler stove and can the system work with radiators only or do you have to have under floor heating. We heat our current house with a back boiler stove and only use about €200 of oil in the year. Guys and gals all advice on these systems is welcome before we have to go meet a salesman who will fill us full of crap about how good they are. Thanks in advance for your help

i researched them a few years back when building and decided against, both on reviews and on knowing two families with then installed.
    When you need them most and the weather is cold they tend to ice up and so reduce in efficiency, more ice = more running needed = more ice = less efficiency.
    Yes they were being sold to us as only being suitable for under floor, when we wanted to have a stove this was a big problem, the best solution they could come up with was to have both the stove and air source heating a buffer thank and the under floor fed from this...

We just have a stove with oil backup and it works great...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eiremax

You can achieve compliance with solid fuel renewable accompanied by Solar.

Advertisement