Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2012 thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

TRISHKA wrote: »
    Hi is anyone else mad itchy on their belly/back? think a big load of growing going on at the moment, lashing on the bio oil but just feel like my skin is crawling.

Oh thank god it's not just me ... my back and my boobs are just driving me insane.

I reckon my back is just raw from being scratched with anything I can get my hands on. Even as I type this I want to rub up against the nearest door frame like you see cows in a field rubbing up against fence posts! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Sunshine2000

Hi all I haven't been on in a while. Hope everyone is doing well!! I'm 18 weeks today, I feel the time is dragging already! I think I might be feeling a bit of movement but it's hard to know. I can't wait to feel proper kicks! Has anyone bought anything yet? I can't wait to start. Iv been looking up buggies/ prams and have fallen in live with the bugaboo but it's so bloody expensive. Wont be getting anything for a long while yet tho.

Has anyone bought anything yet? I can't wait to start.

I held off for sooooo long. Got some muslins the other day as I couldnt hold back any more. I know once I start, it will be difficult to stop :o

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

Feeling really itchy too and its worse when i excerise so i think its to do with heat in my case. Belly getting round too. Begining to look and feel pregnant. Bought a lovely pair of maternity jeans yesterday....and they're long enough too!!! wohoo!!! I have loads of maternity stuff from last year but wanted to treat myself!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Everything going fine here too. I love this middle trimester, like last time I feel well, full of energy and "normal" bar the bump :) This time it is much more pronounced than it was at 16 weeks first time. Looked obviously pregnant at 15 weeks where last time it was hidable until week 20 or thereabouts. No itching yet, but no stretching skin at the moment either (still stretched from last time).

I wish the HSE would get back to us on our Home Birth application, trying to stay patient but we've another appointment with the hospital in a few weeks and we need to know where things stand before then.

Glad to hear that you're all doing well.

We haven't bought anything yet, we bought all the essentials last year so we won't need to buy much this time around. Later we'll probably buy a few bits and pieces, but anything we don't have can wait until after babs is born.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

MintyDoris wrote: »
    How's everyone this week?

The belly is starting round out now more of the time. Especially after a meal. Still have the morning sickness but it doesn't upset me now like it did before. I just get sick and get over it now :o

Is anyone planning on finding out the sex of the baby? I really dont know what to do on it. I see some pro's and con's for both but has anyone any personal points of view to share on the subject?

Yeah im going to try to find out the sex of the baby this time around. I didnt the last time but i just knew it was a boy so wasn't surprised on the day. I also have a huge amount of clothes for a boy so it would be handy to know if it was a girl.

Hopefully the Hse get back to you soon squiggler it is always such a wait with them.

Due my first scan on Monday it feels like such a long wait hopefully everything is ok?

I haven't got the itching yet but it was horrible last time.

Good to hear everyone is well hopefully the next 5 or so months will
    go as fast as the last four.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jeeney

Oh best of luck elaney on Monday. Hope all goes well. Poor you having to wait so long.

Squigs - hope you hear from the HSE soon. Hope it all works out. We'll all be very interested to hear your story afterwards!

Queen of sheebs - glad to hear you're beginning to feel and look pregnant now. I felt exactly the same as you - had no symptoms really bar being tired, and worried about the little bean all the time. But this week I can def say I have a wee belly showing and it's good reassurance to know babs is growing!

I have the itching too for the last week or so. Mainly on my back and legs. Don't remember it being as iritating the last time and was more so around my belly last time too. It's a bit annoying but can cope with it as not as bad as nausea/cystitis/thrush or any other horrible symptoms :)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Hi all

Been lurking for a long while - took the plunge and told my manager yesterday so thought it time I introduced myself.
    I'm 15.5 wks, glad my nausea has finally subsided!

Ialready have a little boy who will be 4 in a couple of weeks - had him in the UK so will be interesting to see the differences in the hospital systems. Not sure how I will take to being in hospital for a few days after birth - was home the next day first time round!

Fran

Welcome Fran79!

Elaney - how did you get on with the scan?

The last 4 months have really flown in. I saw some family today who I havent seen since last week and not one of them could take their eyes off my stomach. It seems my bums is a LOT more noticeable this week

Anyone any thoughts on a birth plan? Going to start a thread about it as I havent seen it mentioned much here

Hope everyone has a good week

Welcome Fran79

Had my scan today. All is fine, baby is measuring 5 days earlier than i thought but they will check again at 30 weeks. It would be great if i was due nearly a week earlier than i thought. I was in the hospital nearly 3 hours though so it was a long wait.

How is everyone else getting on this week?

• Advertisement

Welcome Fran79 and congrats on your pregnancy. You're usually not kept very long here if you have a normal delivery either. I was in for two nights with my first & then let home. You may find some difference here than in UK. I can't speak from experience but my sis had her first child there & she felt she had better experience in UK in that they were more open to different ways of giving birth, (not expecting you to stay on bed, etc). But then my experience was fine & i was happy with midwives. Think my sis was just unlucky with a cranky midwife!

Elaney - glad to hear your scan went well. Would be handy if you went earlier than expected! It's a pain having to wait til 30 weeks til next scan, isn't it. I had my first at 12 and next wont be til 30 either - it's a long time away! Had doc apt yest and she couldn't find heartbeat. Was quite disappointed as havent heard it at all yet. Anyone feel ur just a number sometimes cos you're a public patient? Now my doc is v nice but I sometimes feel she could be more thorough... Oh well. I'm still feeling good this weather so shouldn't complain really!

Hope rest of ye doing well.

jeeney wrote: »
    Welcome Fran79 and congrats on your pregnancy. You're usually not kept very long here if you have a normal delivery either. I was in for two nights with my first & then let home. You may find some difference here than in UK. I can't speak from experience but my sis had her first child there & she felt she had better experience in UK in that they were more open to different ways of giving birth, (not expecting you to stay on bed, etc). But then my experience was fine & i was happy with midwives. Think my sis was just unlucky with a cranky midwife!

Elaney - glad to hear your scan went well. Would be handy if you went earlier than expected! It's a pain having to wait til 30 weeks til next scan, isn't it. I had my first at 12 and next wont be til 30 either - it's a long time away! Had doc apt yest and she couldn't find heartbeat. Was quite disappointed as havent heard it at all yet. Anyone feel ur just a number sometimes cos you're a public patient? Now my doc is v nice but I sometimes feel she could be more thorough... Oh well. I'm still feeling good this weather so shouldn't complain really!

Hope rest of ye doing well.

Ya thirty weeks is along time but i was in and out of hospital the last
    time for appointments so im not that bothered this time around.

Thats annoying the doctor didnt find the heartbeat was she long checking?
    is she going to check again?. Im glad i got the doppler it was reassuring before the scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Glad to hear everyone doing well. 16 weeks and still suffering nausea and getting sick a lot in the evenings. I definetely don't feel as bad as I did in the early weeks but overall still feel rubbish. I'm resigned to having it for the next four weeks as it was Week 20 on my first before it subsided. Have absolutley no energy at the moment, probably due to spending so much time at home doing nothing.

Haven't been in work since beginning of January and really don't know how I'll cope with going back. I can barely get myself up to the top of our (long) garden without needing to sit and rest, so how I'll manage the commute on the luas, the trek from luas to work and then a full day in work is anyone's guess.

We found out the sex on both our two and I was toying with the idea of not finding out this time but have decided I need to. This pregnancy wasn't planned and although I'm very happy about it, I feel like I'm not as 'connected' and in the pregnancy zone as I was with my last, so hoping finding out the sex will make it feel a bit more real for me.

In terms of purchases we have pretty much everything we need from the last two but we will need to get a new car that can fit in three car seats and our dogs!! I'm also planning to invest in one of those Gentle Birth Cds for the labour.

As its my third prenancy, I thought I'd look about 6 months pregnant by now but surprisingly I only really have a little pot belly. Pretty sure I've felt a few movements in the last few days too which is so lovely. Absolutely love feeling the little kicks and pokes!

And, wow, my boobs are expanding at a rapid rate and absolutely killing me!!

elaney wrote: »
    Ya thirty weeks is along time but i was in and out of hospital the last
    time for appointments so im not that bothered this time around.

Thats annoying the doctor didnt find the heartbeat was she long checking?
    is she going to check again?. Im glad i got the doppler it was reassuring before the scan.

Yes, I had to go to hosp due to scare in between apts too and got another scan, so last time wasn't so bad. Didn't think it would bother me this time as I knew scans would be at 12 and 30. But because I'm feeling good at mo, just can't relax sometimes. Think I might just invest in a doppler after all..

In fairness doc did spend few mins checking and just said afterwards that baby was very active?! She didn't mention checking again so gotta wait another 6 weeks before seeing her again.

Vel - hope you're feeling better soon. I'm sure it's not easy and not being at work is probably harder as you've no structure to your day. I can relate to the no energy thing. I'm always shattered in the evenings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

This baby is already pretty active. Loving feeling him or her moving around. Yesterday it felt like backflips or somersaults :)

Still no reply from the HSE re our application for a Home Birth. I don't remember them being this slow last time, but I guess we weren't as anxious about it then either. If we haven't heard by the weekend I'll call next week. Need to know what the story is before our appointment with the master of the Coombe next week.

Aside from that feeling great. Taking my antenatal vitamins and making sure I get enough omega 3 for both of us.

Hope all continues to go well for the rest of you, and any lingering sickness etc clears up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 beego

Hi Everbody. Hope everything going well with everybody's pregnancy's. only 159 days to go till i'm a daddy. so excited. In the coombe on the 9th of may for the 20 week scan can't wait. baby due 25th sep so counting the days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Itchy itchy itchy! I didn't know this was a common symptom until I saw a few people talking about it on here. My legs drive me nuts some nights, but I'm using cocoa oil now and it seems to be a bit better, and I smell like a bar of chocolate all day!
    Felt some tiny little movements this week (week 18), put a smile on my face.
    I have no scan due until week 32 and as this is my first I really want to see some detail and maybe find out the sex. Has anyone used the place in The Crescent in Limerick, or anywhere in Galway city?

emer_b wrote: »
    Itchy itchy itchy! I didn't know this was a common symptom until I saw a few people talking about it on here. My legs drive me nuts some nights, but I'm using cocoa oil now and it seems to be a bit better, and I smell like a bar of chocolate all day!
    Felt some tiny little movements this week (week 18), put a smile on my face.
    I have no scan due until week 32 and as this is my first I really want to see some detail and maybe find out the sex. Has anyone used the place in The Crescent in Limerick, or anywhere in Galway city?

caused by an increase in estrogen that happens during pregnancy. avoid hot showers and baths, which can dry your skin and make the itching worse. hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

I ended up having to get a steroid cream during my last pregnancy due to the itching. I was scratching so had i was drawing blood! Only used it during a really bad itch after i had tried everything else....sudocream sometimes works. It was instant relief though. Haven't used it thia time yet. Using aveeno oat cream and so far have managed it with that. The joys of pregnancy symptoms!!!

Lost of itching here too! Reading the pregnancy websites, at this time in my pregnancy I should be glowing and feeling amazing. I feel like rubbish and look like someone who has been dragged through a hedge backwards!!

Off to meet a friend for lunch shortly. Its the first time I will have attempted to eat outside the house since I got pregnant!! Best get a seat close to the toilets!

• Advertisement

Hope the lunch went well Vel.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Sunshine2000

Hi all.
    Had a lovely day today at the pregnancy and baby fair in Cork. My god there is so much stuff to get, a bit overwhelming. We put a deposit on the bugaboo so that was alot done.
    I have my 20 week scan next week a bit nervous about it but hopefully everthing will be fine and that we'll find out the sex of the baby.

The itching is starting alright for me i had it really bad the last time.
    My sickness is easing up this week thank God . Still felt like crap yesterday. Hopefully it will ease up soon for you Vel.

Yeah there is alot of stuff to get but if you start getting bits and pieces each week it shouldn't be too bad. Alot of stuff you can get after. Best of
    luck with the scan Sunshine2000.

Had a lovely lunch and managed to keep everything down until yesterday evening! Was up at 4am getting sick again and lay awake in bed until about 6.30am feeling completely rubbish. Sorry, I hope I don't come across like I'm moaning all the time, but the constant nausea and sickness really is trying :(

I went to bed last night with a pot belly and woke up this morning with a proper bump! Love it!

glad everything went ok. same boat here too. niamh's nausea causes her to wake up during the night too. not as bad as couple weeks ago thank god.

really want to go shopping but under orders to wait till after 30 weeks. had a heart attack today. thought i forgot to delete computer history was getting baby fever and looking at every baby site under the sun for clothes and stuff.

just wondering if anybody had cramps in their uterus and pain in their back. don't think its a uti as not sore to pass water. anybody suffer/suffereing any same symptoms.

thanks
    beego

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

Hi Beego, I have quite a lot of stetching cramps down low and found I have been going to the loo more often this week but no stinging so dont think its a UTI, just stretching from baby moving up from pelvis area into tummy and possibly the way it is lying putting pressure on my bladder, drinking loads of water to be on the safe side though, and have my routine checkup with the dr this evening so going to check with her but somehow think I will just be told its all to do with the pregnancy

TRISHKA wrote: »
    Hi Beego, I have quite a lot of stetching cramps down low and found I have been going to the loo more often this week but no stinging so dont think its a UTI, just stretching from baby moving up from pelvis area into tummy and possibly the way it is lying putting pressure on my bladder, drinking loads of water to be on the safe side though, and have my routine checkup with the dr this evening so going to check with her but somehow think I will just be told its all to do with the pregnancy

Thanka a million Trishka put my mind at ease. Hope the dr went well.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Hi Beego, I have been feeling cramps on the inside of my belly somewhere between my belly button and pubic bone for the last week or so. It felt like the pain you get the next day after doing loads of sit ups but much deeper in my tummy. I just put it down to stretching also.

I am 18 weeks now and my apatite has returned with a vengeance. The midwife won't be happy when I return in week 22 and have piled on the pounds. I am also getting a preggo belly now but am still inbetween maternity and regular clothes. The result is that I just look fat. I definitely won't be one of these ladies that have a "neat little bump", as my mother puts it, but more like a beached whale :pac:

Anyhoo roll on week 22 for my next scan. Love seeing the little tyke growing and moving. Still can't feel anything yet but hoping this all changes in the next few weeks.

• Advertisement

I have a lot of lower pelvic pain. At first I did think it was a UTI due to the location of the pain and the 'pulling twistuing heavy' type of pain but I was getting no pain when weeing so I headed to the doctor. She did two urine tests and bloods too so waiting on the results of them.

The pain is bad in the morning but can be so bad some days I find it hard to walk. She reckons it may be the pelvis spreading :eek:

It is very sore but I am thankful the morning sickness has stopped (I never thought it would) Like someone said, it was very draining being sick all the time. But I feel good now, I have a proper bump (which i LOVE) so I am happy out

Advertisement