Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-02-2012, 09:40   #46
booboo88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cian92 View Post
I hate this sort of crap. Maybe the poster is more qualified than you. Get over it. It's nice to know you'd be happy to get 25k, but it really doesn't add to the discussion at all. That poster obviously wouldn't take 25k, maybe he can easily earn more than that, has a family to support etc. It's not that he is mad.

Sorry to be singling out you, but this sort of a line is being said more and more often. It really infuriates me.
My apologies, clearly he is more qualified than me, but out of curiosity how do you know this for sure?
Am I the only one that hasn't woken up from the nightmare that is recession.
Silly me.
Advertisement
21-02-2012, 09:58   #47
shootermacg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cian92 View Post
I hate this sort of crap. Maybe the poster is more qualified than you. Get over it. It's nice to know you'd be happy to get 25k, but it really doesn't add to the discussion at all. That poster obviously wouldn't take 25k, maybe he can easily earn more than that, has a family to support etc. It's not that he is mad.

Sorry to be singling out you, but this sort of a line is being said more and more often. It really infuriates me.

+1

25K in dublin, with a negative equity morgage and 2 kids wouldn't see you through 6 months, now 25K in cork would be a different matter, I'd say there are cleaners in dublin on more than 25K.
I earn a lot more than 25K AND my wife also needs to work, which is a fact I'm not proud of, although I'm very proud of her.
11-04-2013, 12:36   #48
Kevwoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevwoody View Post
Ok here's the story, I work for a small company of about 10 employees. We recently took on a new contract from our main client, and I was chosen to take it on. It is totally different to what I was doing before, and I'm now away from my wife and 2 kids ( aged 6 and 2 ) for 10 days at a time, with 4 days off.

When I started this work my boss gave me an extra €25 a week, but I just don't think it's enough for the extra responsibility and work I'm doing.

So my question is should I look for more( currently on 25k ) or should I be glad to have a job?

Sorry to bump an old thread here but just thought I'd give an update.

Never got a pay rise despite asking for it twice, so just put my head down and gave the job all I could.
My employer never once gave me any credit for doing a good job despite the main client telling him they were very happy with my work.

So this week I got called into the main clients headquarters, and they offered me a permanent position. €38,000 per year, company car, phone, laptop, and all hotel lunch and dinner covered!

So for anyone out there who is slaving away getting nowhere, don't give up hope, I didn't
(4) thanks from:
11-04-2013, 12:43   #49
aaakev

Happy days fair play

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size