Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limited edition LV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Dreadful looking. Rolex do make some of the ugliest watches. Of course they make some iconic ones too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It also depends on cultural aesthetics. It may well appeal to it's target audience. Chinese folks I've noticed tend to love much more bling, damn near gaudy than European folks, as a very general thing of course. Maybe Arab folks are similar? Japanese aesthetics are usual dead minimal and even when ornate get the balance right. Their whole aesthetic is against obvious ostentation and I love that kind of thing, except funny enough when it comes to Japanese watches. Very few appeal to me. Americans can have a slightly different cultural aesthetic again. Especially rich Americans. Worldwide rich people tend towards the bling bling regardless of background. Even a maker like Patek, supposedly the epitome of class(not for me IMH) outputs some real tarted up gaudy Eurotrash on your wrist stuff.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

er i dont think rolex released this themselves lads, it was modded by another company from what i can see

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sunster

I'm glad its limited.

Hideous

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Longford Leader

I wouldn't mine the box if it's going :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

That's the UAE flag and I guess it's marking the 40th anniversary of the union.

I guess you guys have ever seen a Dominos DateJust? Tacky city.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Homer

Marcusm wrote: »

Domino1.jpg

ze-goggles-zey-do-nothing.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Marcusm wrote: »
    That's what I think anytime I see a Pepsi bezil.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I'm sorry, but that isn't a real thing is it?

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I think you may have missed the Gaytona

uglyrolex.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement