Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bush Tv repair Cork

• 17-08-2014 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I have a 2 year old bush 24" TV that I bought in Argos. One night the power on the TV cut off and I can't get it to turn on. Usually a red light comes on in the corner to show that it's on. But it won't turn on. Does anyone know what's wrong and how to fix it or where I could get it repaired in cork. Or should I just buy a new one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭kooga

Exact same issue with mine this evening exactly as you described. What did you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Corkman64

kooga wrote: »
    Exact same issue with mine this evening exactly as you described. What did you do?

If you're from Cork I took it to AV Services on Fr Matthew Quay and they fixed it for €40 but I'd say most tv repair shops would do this.

tk u will drop it in to them in the morning

all sorted cost €60 it seems this is a common enough problem and in spite of having the tv in standby it has been essentially on 24/7 since I got it. So need to switch off at the wall from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ElecKtrA

Hi Kooga,

I think my TV (Philips) is experiencing the same issues! It takes ages to turn on...the light goes from red...and then flashes off, and I then have to keep my finger on a button for awhile until it decides to start up (and go green)!

What was the reason for the problem and where did you get it sorted? Thannks

• Advertisement

ElecKtrA wrote: »
    Hi Kooga,

I think my TV (Philips) is experiencing the same issues! It takes ages to turn on...the light goes from red...and then flashes off, and I then have to keep my finger on a button for awhile until it decides to start up (and go green)!

What was the reason for the problem and where did you get it sorted? Thanks

ok what is happening with you I guess that you are turning the tv to standby.

you need to use the on/off switch underneath the set from now on

My recommendation is to turn it off at the wall or plug out
    Make sure switch under set is at off
    plug back in and switch on

(don't use standby anymore!!)

Philips should come up in white letters on the screen

How old is the TV? if doesn't work AV service Fr Mathew quay (behind the south mall just below RTE) they will have a look and tell you whether worth fixing.

Lets us know how you get on

ok what is happening with you I guess that you are turning the tv to standby.

you need to use the on/off switch underneath the set from now on

My recommendation is to turn it off at the wall or plug out
    Make sure switch under set is at off
    plug back in and switch on

(don't use standby anymore!!)

Philips should come up in white letters on the screen

How old is the TV? if doesn't work AV service Fr Mathew quay (behind the south mall just below RTE) they will have a look and tell you whether worth fixing.

Lets us know how you get on

Thanks for that.

The TV is 5 years old. I'm just trying to establish if it is my TV that is the problem or the aerial.

The TV is MPEG 4 enabled - and has a separate FTA box. I get my Irish channels to the TV - but they are always pixelated!!! I've a rabbits ear attached and I'm in a very good area - near the transmitter - so I dunno!

But then, yes the TV is having trouble turning on - the blue light at the back lights up and then diminishes!!

I wonder if I could bring the TV somewhere that they could assess it and don't charge me unless the problem is of course with the tv....

Av service will charge you €20 just to have a look and do a check.

your tv is around the same age as my Philips.

Av service will charge you €20 just to have a look and do a check.

your tv is around the same age as my Philips.

Ok, I think I will swing by there tomorrow morning. There is another repair company out near Wilton - which would be easier for me to get to - especially on a Saturday.

Cheers for your help :cool:

Advertisement