Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Favourite Song To Play On Guitar?

• 15-09-2013 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Okay, I put this in the instruments section, but it's like those favourite song threads, so I'm posting it here. Mods, if this is breaking the rules, my apologies, and feel free to delete one of the posts.

Just wanted to find out - when someone hands a guitar to you, to play a song, what's the first song you would normally play? Obviously it might depend on a situation... For me, it's Time Of Your Life by Green Day. It'll be interesting to see how it varies depending on the age, or what situation you're in, or whatever.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

i'd plug an electric in and go with Champagne Supernova, I can play all the lead bits aswell so keeps it interesting. Some of the Stones stuff aswell like Brown Sugar, Street Fighting Man, Gimme Shelter, Beast of Burden. If I was going on an acoustic it would be either Oasis or Neil Young something like Death of You and Me, The Importance of Being Idle, The Needle and the Damage Done, Cowgirl in the Sand etc

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭new_maniac

Johnny Be Good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭billie1b

Okay, I put this in the instruments section, but it's like those favourite song threads, so I'm posting it here. Mods, if this is breaking the rules, my apologies, and feel free to delete one of the posts.

Just wanted to find out - when someone hands a guitar to you, to play a song, what's the first song you would normally play? Obviously it might depend on a situation... For me, it's Time Of Your Life by Green Day. It'll be interesting to see how it varies depending on the age, or what situation you're in, or whatever.

Time of your Life by Greenday too or Hotel Yorba by White Stripes

Advertisement