Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sleep In Rollers

• 12-04-2012 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried these rollers? If so are they any good?
    http://velcrosleeprollers.com/lookup002.html
    I am trying to cut down on my ghd usage and hope these may do the trick! I am picking my set up tomorrow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Haven't tried those, I'd imagine the smaller the rollers the more comfortable. Maybe try using rags in your hair, it would probably be easier to sleep in.

I came in hammered from a night out last year and put my babyliss heated rollers in and slept. Would not recommend :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Haven't tried those, I'd imagine the smaller the rollers the more comfortable. Maybe try using rags in your hair, it would probably be easier to sleep in.

I came in hammered from a night out last year and put my babyliss heated rollers in and slept. Would not recommend :pac:

They are not really for curling they are for smoothness/volume. They are all spongy and not heated! Basically I am trying to cut down the use of my ghd and thought I may get the same results!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

This actually works brilliantly i swear try it! i posted this on my fb page because people kept admiring my hair after doing it so i posted the vid and people have been posting pictures of well it worked for them!

http://youtu.be/aYxS1ohz4Ao

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

This actually works brilliantly i swear try it! i posted this on my fb page because people kept admiring my hair after doing it so i posted the vid and people have been posting pictures of well it worked for them!

http://youtu.be/aYxS1ohz4Ao

Is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

No it's not me but i domit all the time, i just found this vid on pinterest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Just came across these the other day.I haven't used them myself but thinking of buying some.

Just noticed it's the same link you have up Millem.

tan11ie wrote: »
    Just came across these the other day.I haven't used them myself but thinking of buying some.

Just noticed it's the same link you have up Millem.

Tan11 I collected them on yesterday. There are only available from 2 places in Ireland supposedly Halo hairdressers and Karl Roberts hairdressers €22.50 for 20. They are brill! I only used ghds on the front of my hair today as I rolled in different directions!! I have very thick hair and was worried that I would need more than 20 but I actually only needed 19. I am going to put them
    In my hair in tomorrow morning and just blast with hair dryer for a few mins and see if I still get same effect! I am trying to not use ghds everyday and I reckon they will do the trick!

Millem wrote: »
    Tan11 I collected them on yesterday. There are only available from 2 places in Ireland supposedly Halo hairdressers and Karl Roberts hairdressers €22.50 for 20. They are brill! I only used ghds on the front of my hair today as I rolled in different directions!! I have very thick hair and was worried that I would need more than 20 but I actually only needed 19. I am going to put them
    In my hair in tomorrow morning and just blast with hair dryer for a few mins and see if I still get same effect! I am trying to not use ghds everyday and I reckon they will do the trick!

How did you get on?

My hair is very thick and just below my shoulders in length, do you think one pack is enough?

If they're good ill invest as the curling tong isn't doing the job, my hair is straight within minutes of curling it!

Let us know if they're worth the spend :)

Millem wrote: »

How did you get on?

My hair is very thick and just below my shoulders in length, do you think one pack is enough?

If they're good ill invest as the curling tong isn't doing the job, my hair is straight within minutes of curling it!

Let us know if they're worth the spend :)

You get two packs for €22.50 (20 rollers in total). I think 20 is enough if not boots sell 6 for around €7. If you want a curl your hair needs to be damp I think. Have you checked out the YouTube video of the sleep in rollers. Her hair seems thick too. I am not using them for curls, I want smoothness, body and more of a flick without the damage from heat. Day two and I am very happy still used ghds on front but that's it! Well worth the money!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 lola.bella

Hi

Where can you get these in Dublin?

Tks

• Advertisement

lola.bella wrote: »
    Hi

Tks

http://velcrosleeprollers.oxatis.com/Default.asp?ADContext=1

Got mine but haven't tried them yet, I'll post my verdict when I do :)

lola.bella wrote: »
    Hi

Tks

Karl Roberts rathfarnham or halo hairdressers I think it is in drumcondra

• Registered Users Posts: 11,853 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Make Up Box in Naas are doing them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Savers in Parkwest had up on their FB at the weekend that they're now stocking them too

*sits back patiently to find out how the ladies of boards get on with them before buying them*

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

My girlfriend was mad for a set of these after seeing them on TOWIE and all over Twitter.

I picked up a set for her from here.

http://www.rainforest.ie/shop.html

€20 including free p&p.

She loves them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

i got them and they are fab! really good. You need two packs though at a minimum and three if your hair is thick!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meshel

Got mine last week and am in love with them since. I haven't used my GHD at all and everyone is commenting on how nice and shiny my hair is looking :D I am putting them in every night and am getting 3 days grease free looking hair, happy days :p

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

http://velcrosleeprollers.oxatis.com/Default.asp?ADContext=1

Got mine but haven't tried them yet, I'll post my verdict when I do :)

Did you get yours from this website? I just ordered some and then saw on facebook that other people who ordered never got theirs. I'm kinda worried but at least I used paypal.

Sugarbomb wrote: »
    Did you get yours from this website? I just ordered some and then saw on facebook that other people who ordered never got theirs. I'm kinda worried but at least I used paypal.

Yeah got mine from the website....they're great love them! I have to use the full 20 but my hair is quite thick.

Well worth the spend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I got them a few weeks ago, absolutely love them, gives me loads of volume and slight curl at the ends(I have long hair). Wore them twice overnight and they were hard go get used to at first but I slept comfortably.

Search for hollie wakeham pampur lounge on YouTube she has lots of brilliant how to videos on it!

Ps I have long thick hair and only used one bag (which has 2 sets of rollers in it prob about 20 rollers altogether)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Is there anywhere around Dundrum or Blanchardstown selling these does anyone know? Dying to get my mitts on them....

anniehoo wrote: »
    Is there anywhere around Dundrum or Blanchardstown selling these does anyone know? Dying to get my mitts on them....
    Karl Roberts hairdressers in rathfarnham but very close to dundrum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

I'm really tempted to try these out but scared it's just hype. What kinda products do you use before hand and after??

I'm really tempted to try these out but scared it's just hype. What kinda products do you use before hand and after??
    Have a read of my post from last week :D

I did thanks, my hair is a good bit longer though!!! and prone to frizz, emmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

The Gossip Column hairdressers in Blanch Village is selling them

and prone to frizz, emmmm
    Mine is too!

My sister also bought them (has hair much longer than mine) and loves them too. They give her loads of body with a wave in the bottom half of her hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 LaBellaVita

Just bought myself 2 packs for €11 in salon services , although i get a trade discount with my trade card i think they retail for €18.50 (approx) for non trade sales!

Can't wait to try them out!!

Mine is too!

My sister also bought them (has hair much longer than mine) and loves them too. They give her loads of body with a wave in the bottom half of her hair.
    think ill give them a go, my hair is so flat right now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 MonaDD

Just bought them from a hair extension place in Grafton Buildings on South Anne Street- 21.99.

Do NOT buy them from http://www.velcrosleeprollers.com/

I ordered them from that site originally and was told they deliver within 3-5 working days. 6 weeks later I was still waiting, and all my contact with customer service (emails) had been ignored. Eventually complained on Twitter and they rang me. They were sooooo ignorant and patronising on the phone and not willing to admit the fault was with them. He was very rude about his Irish customers, so I had to just get a refund.

Delighted I found them somewhere else! :)

Advertisement