Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Revenge [** Spoilers **] ABC - US

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Good episode, im hooked:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Thought ep. 2 was great!, i just like the concept....tis great seeing Emily/Amanda taking down all these Hamptonites one by one....she x'd another off her list in ep. 2 in glorious style!, i also like the fact Victoria is onto her!, as i suspected from ep. 1 it was Emily who was porkin' Lydia's husband.

I guess she needed to break up their marriage to take over that house, i'm also like this Logan Ross guy...he's soo devilishly evil!, i don't get why Emily dosen't just team up with him?....but, i suspect he's weird and he has an obsession with Emily as well.

Twas all too soapy though when pappa had the heart attack, pure soap...expect more of that. Revenge is at it's core soapy guilty pleasure entertainment. It's just cheesy fun...i love all the long takes of glaring looks, they just freeze frame on the face of Victoria or Emily for like 30 seconds, and you slowly see their faces change, lol!...those shots make me squeel with glee!...hehe!

I'm not saying it's must see tv, but if you're into the genre/format you'll get a great kick out of it, i like the flashbacks as it adds alot of depth. Production values are very high....if you seen the polo match at the start, lot of money there....it looks great, in many ways it reminds me somewhat of old skool soap operas from the 80's, Dallas/Dynasty etc.

Bottom line...you either get it or you don't.

TBH I'm still not sure I'll keep watching this.

It's all very grown up and boring to me! :rolleyes:;):D

Ah Squeeks!....ya watch PLL and TLG?, surely this is for you?....give it a chance! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just catching up now on this and it is way better than Ringer, love the staredowns between Victoria and Emily/Amanda you can see and feel the tension between them

Was it Jack that shot Daniel or did he just find him?

I'm not liking Declan and I think the actor who plays him was better in GG even if he had few scenes

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Just catching up now on this and it is way better than Ringer, love the staredowns between Victoria and Emily/Amanda you can see and feel the tension between them

Was it Jack that shot Daniel or did he just find him?

I'm not liking Declan and I think the actor who plays him was better in GG even if he had few scenes

Yes, i rewatched that opening scene, it's Jack from the bar....who knew Amanda when she was young, he has her dog Sammy. No doubt they'll hook up and fall in love etc., i suspect that is why Jack shot Emily's fiance Daniel, i don't think it'll be part of Emily/Amanda's revenge.

I also HOPE that they do a major twist on the whole revenge campaign!, it would be brilliant IF it turned out her dad was a really shady guy and was just as bad as the people she is taking down.

The pilot line about "when embarking on a journey of revenge, dig two graves"....that isin't some random line, i think there be ultimately a huge cost to Emily as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes, i rewatched that opening scene, it's Jack from the bar....who knew Amanda when she was young, he has her dog Sammy. No doubt they'll hook up and fall in love etc., i suspect that is why Jack shot Emily's fiance Daniel, i don't think it'll be part of Emily/Amanda's revenge.

I also HOPE that they do a major twist on the whole revenge campaign!, it would be brilliant IF it turned out her dad was a really shady guy and was just as bad as the people she is taking down.

The pilot line about "when embarking on a journey of revenge, dig two graves"....that isin't some random line, i think there be ultimately a huge cost to Emily as well.

Or Daniel could be Emily/Amanda's half brother :p

Now that The Playboy Club is dead, Revenge moves to my #1 choice show, so expect me pushing the show more :-)

Revenge - week 3 ratings, holding steady! :D
    Expect a full season pickup pretty soon ;)

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/10/ratings-news-6th-october-2011.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Have to say I'm enjoying it.
    (The fact that Emily VanCamp is easy on the eyes, also helps.) :D

Possibly NSFW: http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/5966/emilyvancampz.jpg

Just seen ep. 3 there....Emily x'd another douche off her list, the DA who shafted her father, while not the most epic takedown it did shed light on the fact there is more then one revenge story going on!

Namely Victoria, she was sending the emails and got Erin to come to the party, ergo she is on her own revenge patch as well as Emily/Amanda. Also of note is that Declan had a revenge story as well!...and using Nolan by proxy! :eek:

But he didn't use the footage of Adam cheating on Charlotte, so yeah...this means there are more revenge stories going on besides Emily.
    Not the most gripping episode but it did solidify the fact Victoria has Emily in her crosshairs.

One great scene though was Emily setting up Daniel at the resturant! :D - ha!, i knew that guy would be related to the waitress he almost killed in the accident. The show is somewhat slow paced but there is still plenty going on to keep you entertained. Also of note...the gun Emily has...it's the same gun Jack used to kill Daniel in the pilot!!

Twas the weakest of the three thus far but it's still holding my interest :)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Absolutely adore the soundtrack to this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Great news. Finally some happy tv reporting.

Excellent 4th episode....the video played during the tea party was awesome!!...the jaws dropped on all them real housewives, what the fudge is Tyler upto with Daniel?...did anyone get any gay vibes from him?....like he's obsessed with Daniel, or is he on his own mission of revenge against Daniel?

Emily x'd another one off her list, taking down the therapist in epic style while also putting the suspicion on Victoria....well played!, very meaty as well...great flashbacks that fleshed things out alot and explained why Victoria wanted Amanda commited + why Amanda wanted her x'd out....loving Nolan more and more!

Also noteworthy....they have started in on the Daniel vs. Jack thing....this might well go on to explain why Jack killed Daniel in the pilot. Papa Grayson is upto his old (shagging) tricks again, while there seems to be some possible fumblings with Vicky and her fixer.

That was a much stronger episode then last week, great tv!

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/revenge-recap-season-1-episode-4/3/

http://www.hamptonsexposed.com/#3

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Elohim

I'm actually liking this show, Victoria is well cast.

I also now understand that revenge is not best served cold, but with nifty hacker skills. They're all at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

Excellent 4th episode....the video played during the tea party was awesome!!...the jaws dropped on all them real housewives, what the fudge is Tyler upto with Daniel?...did anyone get any gay vibes from him?....like he's obsessed with Daniel, or is he on his own mission of revenge against Daniel?

Emily x'd another one off her list, taking down the therapist in epic style while also putting the suspicion on Victoria....well played!, very meaty as well...great flashbacks that fleshed things out alot and explained why Victoria wanted Amanda commited + why Amanda wanted her x'd out....loving Nolan more and more!

Also noteworthy....they have started in on the Daniel vs. Jack thing....this might well go on to explain why Jack killed Daniel in the pilot. Papa Grayson is upto his old (shagging) tricks again, while there seems to be some possible fumblings with Vicky and her fixer.

That was a much stronger episode then last week, great tv!

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/revenge-recap-season-1-episode-4/3/

http://www.hamptonsexposed.com/#3

Just got around to watching episode 4. I dont think that Jack shoots Daniel during the engagement party. I reckon he just finds the body. If you look at the scene in the first episode where the hooded figure shoots Daniel it is very very similar to the hooded figure (which was Amanda/Emily) standing outside the container where the therapist was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

This is my favourite new show of the year. Just watched all first 6 episodes this week, and now I have to wait for a new one :( Life sucks! With a 22 episode season, it'll be interesting to see how they'll spread out the few months that remain until the night Daniel is shot.

I'm even questioning whether Emily/Amanda had anything to do with shooting Daniel. She wants to ruin everyone, not kill them. I'm really interested in finding out what Daniel did to her too, as I don't believe she's just using him to get at his parents.

Does anyone else think that Daniels best bud wants to be more than just friends? I think he's got a thing for Danny boy there. Also, he's definitely some sort of fraud. Maybe it's him that shoots Daniel?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Loving this show too. Looking forward to every episode, every week.
    It helps also that I think Emily VanCamp is just drop dead beautiful. Absolute lovely face!

Just seen ep. 6 there!...Tyler is freaking me out!, crazy looney totally obsessed with Daniel in a creepy i want to drink your urine kinda way!, fair dues to Frank...he was smart to check the security footage, Emily and Nolan are in a right pickle now!

They'll have to put Frank down with a bullet me thinks, i love how characters get framed, and some snake outta it....or they are in the frame but move the finger to someone else :-)

Most boring part tbh is Declan and his Hamptons brat GF, Jack is pretty dull as well...it's characters like Frank, Nolan and Tyler that make the show.

I wouldn't mind seeing Daniel and Ashley get blown up on a boat meant for Victorria or something...hehe!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Revenge!...wooo!, hit a 3.0 in the demo last night, i see a second season people!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/11/03/tv-ratings-wednesday-the-x-factor-slips-but-fox-wins-revenge-higher-a-night-of-series-lows-for-nbc/109442/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29

^ i haven't seen the ep. yet but the comments section saying it was jaw droppingly good!
    FYI.....no episode next week due to the Country Music Awards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Great episode, probably the best of the season so far. Didn't like the character of Declan up to this episode, but his outburst at the dinner was great. Gave a bit more development to the character of Ashley as well.

Nolan and Tyler :eek: Never expected that, be interesting to see what Nolan does with the video.

And we found out how Amanda became Emily Thorne as well. Bye bye Frank, I wonder why the real Emily killed Frank. It was a shocking moment, certainly was not expecting it. I thought Frank would feature prominently in the season but the real Emily will probably start causing difficulties now.

Really impressive episode, the show has been one of the highlights of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,445 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Watched all 7 episodes this weekend (on a bit of a catchup spree with a few shows).
    Love it, I'm hooked.

It's cheesy soap opera, but things are rocketing along - none of the episodes are boring and you just want to keep watching to see what happens next.

I guess now that Frank is dead, Lydia is free to wake up next week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Elohim

Good episode alright. Well the stakes have been upped to murder, I wonder if that was originally on the cards or do things just spiral out of control from here.

At least a murderer has been introduced so prime suspect in the shooting in ep1 I suppose.

Casting news: http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/11/16/revenge-roger-bart/

Fresh episode tonight!....off last week for the CMA's.

Lots of scoopy goodness!
    @Marleyakatroy: #revenge scoop!
    Revenge is taking a cue from its sister show Once Upon a Time and drawing from fairy tales for inspiration. OK, not really, but Nolan (Gabriel Mann) is the Hamptons' version of the little boy who cried wolf, at least according to Jack (Nick Wechsler). "I continue to try and advise him, but he doesn't want to listen to me anymore," Mann tells us. "I gave him terrible advice as far as he's concerned, but this time he really, really, really should listen to me." Hmmm…we're guessing this has to do with the real Emily Thorne (Margarita Levieva) setting her sights on Jack.
    PlayMeester Celebrates "Gossip Girl" Milestone
    Play2011 AMAs: Matthew Morrison
    PlayPenn Badgley Reflects on 100 Episodes

essenceofjay: Revenge question! Will the Real Emily tell Jack that she's 'Amanda'? I don't like those two getting close…
    Nor do we, but close they are going to get! The show is currently casting a darkly handsome tattooed local named Lee who will come between "Jack and Amanda." Something tells us the Amanda they are talking about is not played by Emily VanCamp…

MORE: Once Upon a Time Courting Joanna Garcia, and We Totally Called It!

Meghan: Revenge is my new favorite show! I'm obsessed. Anything you can share?
    Prepare for even more flashback goodness, including "clumsy '90s" Nolan! "Oh, flashback a plenty, yes," Mann says. "Lots of flashback coming. In episode nine, you're going to start to see more of Nolan in the past." Mann says he's excited for the writers "to connect the dots from the person that he was early in that business, and how he made that money, to the person that you see now."

Read more: http://uk.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/spoiler_chat_scoop_on_glee_american/276348#ixzz1eSDSS6zG

Mike Kelly interview: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/interviews/2011/11/16/interview-revenge-creator-mike-kelley-980104/20111116_revenge/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

Latest episode was brilliant. Anybody else think that is going to turn out that Victoria got pregnant by Amanda's father and it will turn out that Charlotte is Amanda's half sister?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

gazzer wrote: »
    Latest episode was brilliant. Anybody else think that is going to turn out that Victoria got pregnant by Amanda's father and it will turn out that Charlotte is Amanda's half sister?

Agree yeah the latest ep was loads of fun. Tyler was too funny as the loon psycho. He's pinned with the murder of Frank so that will take some pressure off I suppose.

Yeah it seems to be pointing at Charlotte as before I had thought it was going to be Daniel and some twisted incest thing until it showed Victoria in the flashback saying to Emily's dad that Daniel was with his granny.

On paper I should really be hating this show but find myself sucked into it and really enjoying the cheese.

Advertisement