Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying 50" TV - Need Help

• 20-08-2014 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭

I have checked out every site I can think of, balanced plasma vs LED, etc etc and I've come with the following definite requirements:

Price must be under €650
    Must be LED (alot of window light in our sitting room, and we hate glare)

Guys have any of you any suggestions for a the best value I can get for that money. I've looked at the hitachi in argos which comes in at €520 with a sound bar on special for 68.50, so what do you think.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2629881.htm

As I'm also getting the minix neo 5x, a smart tv is not a priority.

Anyone any better ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Does it have to be 50"?
    Grabone are doing a samsung smart tv 48" i think for 599.

I would look into that Hitachi one a bit more tbh i think thats one of the brands that argos purchased so i wouldn't be mad on it.

I think that samsung is gone now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Well lads I took the plunge and bought a 50" walker from power city. The picture is great but on sky at moment and it keeps flashing when darker scenes its like its trying to brighten them. So contrast keeps flashing between scenes. Very disconcerting. Is this a fault in the tv or can I adjust myself. Ive tried messing around with contrast, doesnt help. Back it goes otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MartyMc69

Hi there,

ive been looking at this Samsung 48" LED 100Hz Smart TV for €499
    SAMSUNG UE48H4203 Smart 48" LED TV

on Currys.ie

has anyone bought one of these ?

MartyMc

Advertisement