Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of fuel in Co.Wexford..Where's the cheapest/dearest fuel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

163.8 @ Wexford Service Station between the Maldron and The Racecourse,Boggans are 164.9 for petrol.
    Tesco in Wexford are charging 167.9:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Still 1.59 in Castlebridge as of this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭eagerv

eagerv wrote: »
    I know it's not County Wexford, but €1.590 for petrol on way into Waterford this morning.

They have put up their petrol price to €1.600!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

zerks wrote: »
    163.8 @ Wexford Service Station between the Maldron and The Racecourse,Boggans are 164.9 for petrol.
    Tesco in Wexford are charging 167.9:eek:

Ah yeh remember there were complaints about the Petrol station going in as part of the planning permission as other petrol retailers feared they would rip the arse out of their market and sell below cost.

They had nothing to worry about really did they?:rolleyes:

Tesco has never sold one drop of fuel below anyone else around town and infact I think charges slightly more using it's dominance and captive audience - the kills two birds with one stone approach - shopping and fill up the car on pay day :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Xander_82

Both garages in Camolin 163.9 last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

The one on the Newtown Road in Wexford (not Boggans) was 162.9 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭jpb1974

There's a small place in Bunclody just past the Garda Station -

Petrol 161.9
    Diesel 153.9

(This morning's prices)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

TheChevron wrote: »
    The one on the Newtown Road in Wexford (not Boggans) was 162.9 this morning.

Any idea of the diesel price ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Sorry, I never noticed that. Ill be passing by on the way home, ill check then.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 trevr

jpb1974 wrote: »
    There's a small place in Bunclody just past the Garda Station -

Petrol 161.9
    Diesel 153.9

(This morning's prices)[/QUOTE

I'd be very warey of buying diesel there.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

TheChevron wrote: »
    Sorry, I never noticed that. Ill be passing by on the way home, ill check then.

No probs, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭jpb1974

I'd be very warey of buying diesel there.....

Oh dear, I've been bombing around the past two months on their diesel... without much fuss I might add, car was performing mpg -wise as expected.

Prices had dropped on my way home:

Petrol 159.9
    Diesel 151.9

Most places on the way into Carlow are the same, including the Texaco in Ballon.

Enniscorthy petrol stations are getting no a single cent of my money... if just one of them had the balls to bring their prices in line with some of the better value places their business would probably go up 25-50%.

Oh dear, I've been bombing around the past two months on their diesel... without much fuss I might add, car was performing mpg -wise as expected.

Prices had dropped on my way home:

Petrol 159.9
    Diesel 151.9

Most places on the way into Carlow are the same, including the Texaco in Ballon.

Enniscorthy petrol stations are getting no a single cent of my money... if just one of them had the balls to bring their prices in line with some of the better value places their business would probably go up 25-50%.

Typical of Enniscorthy,average price of petrol is 166c per litre,the locals who don't travel much to other parts of the country will always buy fuel locally,however the retailers haven't copped that these people are spending the bare minimum on fuel due to extortionate prices.Drop the prices and more fuel will be bought.You'll see people putting a tenner in at Enniscorthy filling stations but if they are elsewhere and see the price is way cheaper,they'll put €20 or €30 worth of fuel in their cars.

Ballymurn has petrol @ 159.9c per litre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Gorey seems to be very slow in implementing the full reduction in petrol prices. I was in Dublin yesterday and stations which had been 3 and 4 cents above cheapest Gorey prices are now up to 3 cents below.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

I agree. I drove past Adamstown yesterday selling petrol at 166.9 with an almost empty tank and carried on to Bunclody where it is for sale at 159.9. I presume someone must be buying it at the higher price but not me at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

jordata wrote: »
    I agree. I drove past Adamstown yesterday selling petrol at 166.9 with an almost empty tank and carried on to Bunclody where it is for sale at 159.9. I presume someone must be buying it at the higher price but not me at that price.

I hope you understand that you travelled 22 miles from Adamstown to Bunclody to save €0.07 cent per litre .

If you put €30 into the car in Bunclody , you saved € 1.26 .

If your car is doing 35mpg , it cost you €4.55 to drive this 22 miles .

Plus , its not good for the fuel system to be driving on an almost empty tank

160.9 for petrol & 150.9 for diesel in Clonroche.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

I hope you understand that you travelled 22 miles from Adamstown to Bunclody to save €0.07 cent per litre .

If you put €30 into the car in Bunclody , you saved € 1.26 .

If your car is doing 35mpg , it cost you €4.55 to drive this 22 miles .

Plus , its not good for the fuel system to be driving on an almost empty tank

The bold part is only really true if their route did not already take them via Bunclody. If it in fact did, then it cost them €0.00, and the use of the phrase "carried on" suggests that Bunclody certainly wasn't out of the way. And if they went so far as to fill up in Bunclody, then the extra space in the tank from that theoretically driving saved them more compared to Adamstown!

Also, the price difference is actually €1.31 ( (30/1.599)*1.669 = 31.31), which while similarly minute is no more irrelevant than assuming that Bunclody was completely out of the poster's way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

cython wrote: »
    The bold part is only really true if their route did not already take them via Bunclody. If it in fact did, then it cost them €0.00, and the use of the phrase "carried on" suggests that Bunclody certainly wasn't out of the way. And if they went so far as to fill up in Bunclody, then the extra space in the tank from that theoretically driving saved them more compared to Adamstown!

Also, the price difference is actually €1.31 ( (30/1.599)*1.669 = 31.31), which while similarly minute is no more irrelevant than assuming that Bunclody was completely out of the poster's way!

That you, Sheldon? :)

cython wrote: »

Similarly , the extra €1.31 received in Bunclody will take the driver 6 miles if the car is doing 35mpg .

This could become relevant if the driver does not reside within a 6 mile radius of Bunclody .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

Similarly , the extra €1.31 received in Bunclody will take the driver 6 miles if the car is doing 35mpg .

This could become relevant if the driver does not reside within a 6 mile radius of Bunclody .

Yeah, ignore the entirely more likely possibility that the poster was driving on a route that took them through Bunclody (or even within a 6 mile radius, if you prefer) too while you're at it.... :rolleyes:

Unless you're trying to claim that there is never any point in a driver buying petrol other than where they are from, or at the start of their journey, I fail to see the point here.

1.609 petrol in Applegreen (Drinagh service station or...?) - past MJ O'Connor Solicitors on the left on the way into town from rosslare, doesn't have Applegreen signage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Diesel 149.9 in newline oil on the old Dublin road, right beside kilcannon garden centre opposite the old wexal factory.

158.8 @ Wexford Service Station for petrol, 164.9 @ Mace in Bellfield,Enniscorthy.

161.9 on the Old Dublin Road & Top Service Station on Island Road opposite Dunnes.151.9 for diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Campus Self Service New Ross diesel ..............€147.9!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭eagerv

Why is Wexford so expensive?

Waterford (Old Creamery and others) now €1.57 Petrol. €1.47 Diesel.

The Oil Terminal in New Ross is winding down , and Esso and Three Rivers Oil are gone .

Euro Fuels ( The Old Creamery ) seem to be cheapest in the South-East at the moment .

I don't know why though

At weekend Roches garage was 159.9 Applegreen 159.8, Applegreen will drop further in next few days I reckon as they are always better price than Roches, prices are for petrol.

Come down a small bit so.

• Advertisement

Always that way, never much competition between stations.

Advertisement