Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Does anybody like the toffee pennies in Quality Street?

Options
  • 23-12-2006 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭

Just curious. From a totally unscientific study of mine, it would appear that when it comes to being selected from a box of chocolates, the old toffee penny is about as popular as a dose of pox (small/cow/chicken).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Don't like much in Quality Street tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

A friend of mine likes them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from AH.
    I'd only eat them as a last resort but am more of a Roses person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I'm too middle class for Quality Street

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I like them. They're not my favourite, but occasionally I'll dig one out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

True, they are kept until last, but I still like them. I know some poeple who think they are the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

It's weird, when I was a kid they were my favourite, I used to eat those before any other....now they'd be one of the last I'd take....chocolate all the way!! Not that mad on Quality Street though to be honest. They'd come well after Roses, Heroes and Celebrations :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Everyone in my house likes them so it's a mad rush to grab as many as you can before they're eaten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I prefer more the layered sweets. Toffee penny is just too damn plain!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Zenith74

The toffee penies are the only sweet I actually like from Quality Street. Weird, I assumed everybody liked them as well LOL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Zenith74 wrote:
    The toffee penies are the only sweet I actually like from Quality Street. Weird, I assumed everybody liked them as well

I also. The others are far to bizarre and quickly forgotten for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

They're the nicest sweets in Quality Street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

toffee pennies all the way they remind me of the old toffoes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I always dash for the pennies and chocolate covered toffee sticks.

Advertisement