Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Aer Lingus - 50% off Fare - Not applicable to Taxes and Charges

• 21-11-2014 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭

Hey

Was booking flights and noticed Aer Lingus have 50% off.

Booked one flight the day before yesterday, paid 143.98 in Jan.

Was looking at another 4 flights and they were a bit pricey, 158 Euros for a flight at the end of Jan and 144 in February.

Looked yesterday with the Sale and it had gone from 158 down to 124 and in Feb from 144 down to 112 :)

Kinda miffed I didn't wait a day for the first flight but the saving now covers my ICE Train from Schiphol to Dusseldorf :pac:

Maybe it benefits someone else also, valid until the 25th of March (Think i'll wait until Jan for the next one. Doesn't seem to be anything over Christmas.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Aer Lyingus

• Registered Users Posts: 8,842 ✭✭✭Soarer

Cunning Lingus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

when i see an airline discount thread like this i get a little excited.

so went on straight away and checked for flights to manchester in march....

Aer Lingus return (with 50% discount) = €85.99

Ryanair return = €19.98

Times are like for like

Short lived excitement.
    On the plus-side though, it reminded me to book a flight to Manchester with their competitor for a quarter of the price!

Thanks Aer Lingus!

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Looked yesterday with the Sale and it had gone from 158 down to 124 and in Feb from 144 down to 112 

Reduced but not by 50%. I have yet to see a 50% reduction by Aer Lingus-Ryanair always seem to work out cheaper anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Some good reductions on canaries flights from Cork in Feb in fairness to them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

GaGa21 wrote: »
    Reduced but not by 50%. I have yet to see a 50% reduction by Aer Lingus

Read the T&C's.

50% reduction applies to the base fare only, taxes and fees excepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Yamanoto wrote:
    50% reduction applies to the base fare only, taxes and fees excepted.

yeah I know that.....what they might take off in the fare, they have added on in taxes and fees. Otherwise the fares would actually be down by half instead of just 20 or 30 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

yeah I know that.....what they might take off in the fare, they have added on in taxes and fees.

I booked a flight to Schipol in January & the base fare shows a 50% reduction, with no increase to the standard taxes or fees charged routinely on that route.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

aer lingus fares are double others airlines

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Reduced but not by 50%. I have yet to see a 50% reduction by Aer Lingus-Ryanair always seem to work out cheaper anyway.

Read the title of the Thread again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Have 3 returns for the wife and 2 kids booked for 123 return from munich to cork/(back via)Dublin.
    Have been tracking these for a while and it was at least 150 return the whole time so happy enough with the sale.
    Taxes are 81 euro per person, so with that as the starting point paying €30 for the fare (plus12 admin fee) is about as low as you can reasonably ask for or expect.

Advertisement