Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Geek Alert: Loot Crates

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

maximoose wrote: »
    Got my January crate this morning, pretty poor IMO bar the
    tshirt and tie

Time to cancel

I liked this months, Im a fan of the
    tshirt and tie
    . As long as i keep getting that stuff i think its value for money as to get some of the t-shirts would cost €20 alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Brendanm357

Hi all
    have any of ye received January loot crate yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Hi all

Yeah, about two weeks ago. Cancelled my subscription too. Feb crate will be my last.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Brendanm357

DeWitt wrote: »
    Yeah, about two weeks ago. Cancelled my subscription too. Feb crate will be my last.

I'm from Galway and still havent received mine yet
    this is my first time getting it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Hi all
    I'm from Galway and still havent received mine yet
    this is my first time getting it

Contact support. They will send another one for you. Happened me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,276 ✭✭✭dunworth1

canceled mine also just doesn't seem really worth it

anyone have indiebox?

https://theindiebox.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Anyone ever bought Zavvi's ZBOX? It's about €27 delivered but there's no subscription. You can sign up for an email alert when the pre-order goes up and you can buy it on the site. They usually only last a couple of days before the allocation sells out, though

I bought this month's box, Undead, although it hasn't arrived yet. Next month's ZBOX is up on the site now, theme is Retro (meaning games, primarily)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Looking at youtube unboxing of the "play" lootcrate it looks like a complete waste. However the march theme "covert" has me tempted :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I actually think February's is better than the past 3 months that I've gotten tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

cw67irl wrote: »
    Looking at youtube unboxing of the "play" lootcrate it looks like a complete waste. However the march theme "covert" has me tempted :)

The themes always look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I thought Ashens review of the Play one made it look okay, that Ready Player One book is supposed to be well worth a read anyway and the rest would be okay if you had any kids to give the stuff to.

I said it before but Id be subscribing to these myself if the main gift wasnt always one of those stupid Munny giant bobblehead figures, utterly pointless wastes of space. Who actually likes them? It must be somebody because I went into Forbidden Planet the other day and they were just wall to wall with them for every tv series you can think of...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I think those Funko Vinyl's are pretty cool looking. I don't buy them myself as i wouldn't have anywhere to display the properly but there are more than a few I'd happily pick up.

They're hardly pointless as they sell incredibly well and make a lot of money for some people.

Thanks for letting me know before i got it...
    Thargor wrote: »
    I thought Ashens review of the Play one made it look okay, that Ready Player One book is supposed to be well worth a read anyway and the rest would be okay if you had any kids to give the stuff to.

I said it before but Id be subscribing to these myself if the main gift wasnt always one of those stupid Munny giant bobblehead figures, utterly pointless wastes of space. Who actually likes them? It must be somebody because I went into Forbidden Planet the other day and they were just wall to wall with them for every tv series you can think of...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Ready Player One, while not the most intellectual book ever, is still really entertaining. You'll enjoy it if you're old enough to recognise the pop culture references especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Oh crap sorry, I thought everyone had it a couple of weeks ago, Ashens is always way behind.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Thargor wrote: »
    Oh crap sorry, I thought everyone had it a couple of weeks ago, Ashens is always way behind.

I think he's releasing them on the last Friday of the month just so that (in theory) everyone should have theirs by the time the video goes up.

I agree though, his was the review I watched this morning and the stuff looks pretty cool. 3 or 4 things in there that I'm actually happy I now own (or at least I will own once it's delivered :P), much more than in any of the previous ones I've got.

Korvanica wrote: »
    The themes always look good.

that's it they look amazing but when you actually see whats in its meh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I stopped last month. Having watched that video a few posts back, I think I would have been happy with the contents of PLAY, but I don't regret cancelling. Not saying there's anything wrong with loot crate, I've just had enough for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,120 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Anyone else still waiting for there February crate to arrive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Anyone else still waiting for there February crate to arrive?

Yup - was getting worried it was just me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Same here. And I went ahead and cancelled my subscription going forward and what do you know, of course they announce a crate that piques just my interests.

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Yup - was getting worried it was just me!
    DeWitt wrote: »
    Same here. And I went ahead and cancelled my subscription going forward and what do you know, of course they announce a crate that piques just my interests.

Well glad I'm not alone. I checked there Facebook page seems there is a lot of delays with crates getting to Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

mine's in the country since Friday morning according to the tracking, hopefully customs aren't holding onto it.

mine's in the country since Friday morning according to the tracking, hopefully customs aren't holding onto it.

Arrived in Ireland for me on the 27th.. still no sign.. really annoying even though I already know whats in it and its probably the least fave stuff of all I got so far.

My tracking updated this moring to show it arrived in Ireland last Friday the 27th as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Anyone get their crate today? I raised a ticket with there "support" last night as it's outside the 12 days they advise

Mine arrived this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Same, just got mine. Worst one yet.

• Advertisement

Same, just got mine. Worst one yet.

Same as you, got this morning and disappointed with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement