Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Geek Alert: Loot Crates

• 25-09-2014 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'm not entirely sure this belongs in BA, feel free to move it if there's somewhere more appropriate. I just got my first delivery this morning and thought I'd share, as it interested a lot of people who had never heard of it! And in theory, the more members - the better the loot!

Loot Crate is a monthly offer which sends you random 'loot' based on a theme that changes each month. Generally containing goodies related to TV/Film/Comics/Games/General Sci-Fi.

There's somewhere north of 100k subscribers, and they just started offering delivery to Ireland in August for ~€20e a month. Overall RRP of each crate's contents is supposedly around double that, so there is a saving to be had and there are a lot of exclusive items offered.

Example of previous crates:
    August - "Heroes"
    august-fg-c14d68049985aaa9b341030aac2ab1e9.png
    July - "Villains"
    july-fg-73e26818dfd9e6c888802724da6c1e46.png
    May - "Adventure"
    may-fg-ce8ea9c43acf8a7eb436e363f7b53f5a.png

And here is what came in my September "Galactic" crate

You can subscribe monthly and cancel anytime, October's theme is rumoured to be 'Monsters' for Halloween. Use code SAVE10 for 10% off.

Hopefully of interest to someone!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Yeah ever since the Super Best Friends did ads for them on their podcasts, I was hoping they'd crop up in Ireland. Great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Is it available in ireland now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep, just select Ireland at the top right where it says "Ship to"!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭RedXIV

maximoose wrote: »
    Yep, just select Ireland at the top right where it says "Ship to"!

Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

It's a great business idea - get rid of the products that aren't selling individually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭brevity

Oh I'm way too tempted to get this!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

Very interesting idea. It's a pity that I'd have no interest in the contents though.

Would be great to subscribe your kid to.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Sleephead

Theres no emoticon for what i'm feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭heffoo

balfe1990 wrote: »
    Very interesting idea. It's a pity that I'd have no interest in the contents though.

Would be great to subscribe your kid to.

Yes your kid.................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Just signed up for 3 months! Would love that September Crate *fingers crossed* but I think mine will start next month. THANK YOU OP!!

Oh and remember to sure code save10 for 10 off I almost forgot with the excitement of it all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

So with T-Shirts and the like - what size do they send ?
    Or is it purely random ?

deadl0ck wrote: »
    So with T-Shirts and the like - what size do they send ?
    Or is it purely random ?

When you sign up it asks you your T-Shirt size

Pingi - Yeah you're too late for the September one, all crates go out by the 20th of the month. They do send around emails sometimes offering past crates for sale, but they seem to go quickly! Got an email last week that they had a limited number of Adventure crates on sale, gone in a flash :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

It's a great business idea - get rid of the products that aren't selling individually.

I can tell you for a fact that's not what it is (some of it maybe) it tends to be exclusives like the exclusive version of Groot in the heroes one or the variant cover for Rocket Racoon #1 that was in the villains one. To be honest it's mostly just little exclusives of products that are already out there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Another bill every month... Haha thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭maticm18

nice loot:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,052 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I just signed up for 3 months. It'll be fun to open it each month, and it could make for some handy little xmas presents come December

Akrasia wrote: »
    and it could make for some handy little xmas presents come December

Yeah - TBH it was my OH's 8 year old sister that told me about it, she was begging her dad to sign her up! Then when I looked it up I got hooked myself :pac:

Anything I'm not too fond of (eg the Firefly stuff in this month's box) I know I'll think of someone who would love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Anything I'm not too fond of (eg the Firefly stuff in this month's box) I know I'll think of someone who would love it.

Me? You're too kind! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭baldshin

Bit cheeky how it says free shipping and handling for $29.95, when theyve clearly absorbed the shipping costs in to that price! Great idea though for a business, looks like it'll get even bigger than it currently is, products seem to be improving every month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Do they deliver with An Post or a courier ? (I live in the middle of nowhere and use a different address if it's courier otherwise they never find me)

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Do they deliver with An Post or a courier ? (I live in the middle of nowhere and use a different address if it's courier otherwise they never find me)

Eh I'm not 100% sure, but I'm gonna say courier. Got it delivered to work and it arrived after the normal morning post, was posted International Priority USPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

i'd love to open a box of loot every month.
    don't know if its worth e20 though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

baldshin wrote: »
    Bit cheeky how it says free shipping and handling for $29.95, when theyve clearly absorbed the shipping costs in to that price! Great idea though for a business, looks like it'll get even bigger than it currently is, products seem to be improving every month.

Like every company ever to offer free shipping? (Play, Amazon, Dealextreme etc)

A buddy of mine has already signed up for this, I am interested to what he gets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭baldshin

Like every company ever to offer free shipping? (Play, Amazon, Dealextreme etc)

A buddy of mine has already signed up for this, I am interested to what he gets

They've not done it in America- $13.37 + $6 shipping and handling. So we're actually paying over $16 shipping, not free! Still decent value by the looks of it, in fact I just signed up someone as a gift!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Thanks for the heads up OP, I've always wished this was available in Ireland. Gonna sign up now, I've seen some past crates and they do generally have great stuff. Looking forward to getting my first one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Anybody got any pics of what is in the September crate? I know its Firefly stuff (and that i've missed it) but would like to know what i have missed so i can torture myself.

It's in my OP - Pic is here

Firefly stuff was just a little vinyl figure (had a chance of being Firefly or Alien I think) and some currency or something ( the 10k notes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

It's in my OP - Pic is here

Firefly stuff was just a little vinyl figure (had a chance of being Firefly or Alien I think) and some currency or something ( the 10k notes)

cheers. missed the end of your post. Somebody mentioned firefly and i got giddy. the Mal figure looks good. And it had Pop Rocks!. like the 1980's all over again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Oh nice! :D:D:cool:

Very tempting!!

Maybe next payday :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement